Two Announcements

mfcmainstand

A PUMA kit, eh?

Good stuff. I'm happy enough with that. Can't wait to see it :doh:

hope they make XXXL, every strip that PUMA do are skin tight as you will see in the world cup... or maybe this is a request from John Boyle :ph34r:

if someone posts the ivory coast strip pic you will see what i mean, cannae seem to do it myself :O

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they come up with one you can safely perform a sliding tackle then they've cracked it, until then the fuckers are dangerous.

the 4th Generation pitches are superb now,slide tackles not a problem. My boys have played 6 or 7 games on them over the winter and 1 Guy got a slight burn from a slider. Compared to 1 guy getting a dislocated knee,Several suffering muscle injuries and a couple getting grass burns on the 4 games weve played on heavy grass pitches over the same time!

the 4th Generation pitches are superb now,slide tackles not a problem. My boys have played 6 or 7 games on them over the winter and 1 Guy got a slight burn from a slider. Compared to 1 guy getting a dislocated knee,Several suffering muscle injuries and a couple getting grass burns on the 4 games weve played on heavy grass pitches over the same time!

Haven't played on them so 3rd Gen is all I have to base my judgement on, and they are nowhere near good enough yet. Maybe if I have an opportunity to play on the new stuff I'd change my mind but until then I'm staying in the NO camp.

Haven't played on them so 3rd Gen is all I have to base my judgement on, and they are nowhere near good enough yet. Maybe if I have an opportunity to play on the new stuff I'd change my mind but until then I'm staying in the NO camp.

What about when they are up to scratch (they will be eventually). Would you promote the installation of such a pitch at FP?

Sorry we are off topic. Puma yay.

Wow, another new strip for a new season for the sixth season in a row. That's exactly the news that would excite me. :ph34r::doh:

Yet again the Charter rewritten to suit; I know it says for commercial reason that MAY not be possible but that should only happen very occasionally not every year since the charter was written.

Not this again :O

There has been a specfic reason for it every time. Xara went bust, Bukta supplied substandard kits Canterbury are pulling out the football shirt market and their replicas were of poor quality etc

Not this again :doh:

There has been a specfic reason for it every time. Xara went bust, Bukta supplied substandard kits Canterbury are pulling out the football shirt market and their replicas were of poor quality etc

Exactly.

What's the problem? There isn't much the club can do, is there?

Look at it from a positive point, at least PUMA are regarded as pretty steady suppliers, so we shouldn't have the same problem creeping up any time soon.

Not wanting to piss on your parade... An industry insider I've spoken to would like to know where in Scotland has 4th generation type been installed? Facilities under construction at the moment don't feature this either :doh:

What about when they are up to scratch (they will be eventually). Would you promote the installation of such a pitch at FP?

:ph34r: Level of existing infrastructure doesn't allow for it. It has to be constructed on flat formation.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but surely the fact we had the worst winter since time began may have affected a relatively new pitch?

The freeze left a lot of pavements cracked and crumbling in some areas, didn't it? If it can do that to concrete, freshly-laid grass doesn't have a chance.

As long as we don't get hit by that again this coming winter, we should be okay.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but surely the fact we had the worst winter since time began may have affected a relatively new pitch?

The freeze left a lot of pavements cracked and crumbling in some areas, didn't it? If it can do that to concrete, freshly-laid grass doesn't have a chance.

As long as we don't get hit by that again this coming winter, we should be okay.

:nod: Deary me... maybe if you left our stash of plant food alone. Check.

Done to death some weeks ago...

Exactly.

What's the problem? There isn't much the club can do, is there?

Look at it from a positive point, at least PUMA are regarded as pretty steady suppliers, so we shouldn't have the same problem creeping up any time soon.

The problem is there have been 12 new strips in 6 years. There is plenty the club can do, make Bukta produce non-substandard strips, make Canterbury fulfil their part of the contract, or sue them, but why do that when there is people exactly like you who'll act just like sheep and go out and buy the new one.

Bukta, Xara and Canterbury were also all regarded as pretty steady supplier, so if this goes tits up (again) we just shrug and say great Nike are a pretty steady supplier that make great strips. I take it none of you have kids that you have to buy for :nod:

£100k for a pitch again :lol: and again next season :D and the season after :doh:

It'd better be ready for any euro home games we might be playing in!

it might have helped this year if the right valve was fitted for the gas undersoil heating and the road had tae all be dug up for a fix :nod:

Anyone but an online bookies so we can get a chance of a pre-match East stand flutter or a company with a logo or name that allows opposition fans or newspaper journo's plenty of opportunities for puns or abuse.

Should ask the Trust to sponsor it and just get 'Dossers' on the front, that do?

:nod:

Not wanting to piss on your parade... An industry insider I've spoken to would like to know where in Scotland has 4th generation type been installed? Facilities under construction at the moment don't feature this either :evilgrin:

on further investigation I believe 3 of the pitches are 3G Rubbercrumb and I think one is FieldTurf, the pitches are at Millburn Academy,Dingwall Academy,Dingwall Football Academy + Inverness Football Academy Charleston. To be honest thats actually better if there is an upgrade from these pitches cause they were superb to play on