Again With The Looking Ahead

East_Stand_Al

Can't help but think that had we played that game today, that we would have stormed it umpty nil and that guys like clarky who have been tryng too hard to score recently would have banged in a few goals each.

What a confidence boost that would have been going into some crucial fixtures, 6 pointers every other week here.

I hope the game goes ahead as scheduled as I think we can still take something from the trip to tannadice. If you were to offer me 8 points before the Celtic Game I'd bite your hand off for them.

ALL YOU DOUBTERS BE DAMNED THIS CAN STILL BE A CRACKING SEASON FOR THE 'WELL

In the games leading up to Shellic's visit in late February, I would hope that we could take 8 points without much hassle, and maybe more if we can at either Tannadice or Easter Road.

If we take that points minimum then the push for the top six is on.

Both Hibs and ourselves are nothing like the teams who met a t Fir Park a few horrible weeks ago, we've got better and they have slumped back to complete unpredictability. As for United, they have been playing well but, like ourselves of a couple of weeks back, giving away some really soft goals. Hamilton went up there and almost won, they have been winning but not massively. It'll be tough, but it's not beyond us - and we are long, long due a result against them. Remember how we hammered them at the start of the season, but they escaped with a point?

I think we should cool the jets a wee bit and just look at things one game at a time at the moment. It's only five or six weeks ago since we were looking at the fixture list and totting up the points that would see us sitting nicely in third of fourth after we faced all the "bottom six" teams. Look where that got us - joint bottom within a fortnight! :)

Negatives from the Inverurie postponement are that a wee bit of momentum has been stalled and we've got a wee bit of a fixture jam as a result. But there are positives too in that the knocks that Porter and apparently Klimpl have will have had an extra few days to ease, and time for Fizzy's virus to clear up before we go into the Dundee Utd game.

One game at a time is the strategy for me at the moment.