Mark Reynolds

Shaka

Beginning to sound like a broken record - but that was my thoughts exactly when I read the renewal letter. Why can't they give it a fucking rest.

Sounds like they phoned McGarry or Craigan for the stats on the Gannon era.

At least you got a renewal letter :wallbash: . For some reason after God knows how many seasons as a ST holder, I've still never had ANY postal correspondence from the Club. They must know that I'm that daft that I'll renew regardless :wallbash:

Statement of the bleeding obvious there but why so keen to convince everyone by stating inaccuracies or over stating the negatives? That's what I don't get. Christ we even had Granpa praising McGhee after we pumped the Sheppymeehs for leaving behind such good players. Credit where it's due and all that, Gannon had far more to do with this team than McGhee, who was in my opinion due for a charge of dereliction of duty in the last few months. He hardly left us with any players the fucker.

Also, Gannon wasn't sacked for results (not my words) so why should the club allude to them in an official letter to the support.

I think Craigan and Reynolds have been excellent since Broon came in too - but then we've reverted to a more traditional style of play. Gannon tried a different game that excited a few of us - and in that style of play Craigan couldn't cut it just so well - Reynolds however could and slotted in well.

However this thread is about Mark Reynolds. Hats off to the fella.

At least you got a renewal letter :wallbash: . For some reason after God knows how many seasons as a ST holder, I've still never had ANY postal correspondence from the Club. They must know that I'm that daft that I'll renew regardless :wallbash:

When you originally got yer ST - did someone go up and pay it for ya?

Reason I ask is I get 2 letters in - the 2nd being (I think)because I bought my brother's for him last year. So my info will be on twice.

just a thought.

Statement of the bleeding obvious there but why so keen to convince everyone by stating inaccuracies or over stating the negatives? That's what I don't get. Christ we even had Granpa praising McGhee after we pumped the Sheppymeehs for leaving behind such good players. Credit where it's due and all that, Gannon had far more to do with this team than McGhee, who was in my opinion due for a charge of dereliction of duty in the last few months. He hardly left us with any players the fucker.

that's a fair enough point, mcghee did leave us up shit creek. however with only two of gannon's signings looking like staying on beyond the summer plus reynolds and o'brien leaving the squad could have been in a much worse nick this summer if he'd have managed to chase hammell, lasley and craigan out the door.

that's a fair enough point, mcghee did leave us up shit creek.

As SD says this thread is about Marky boy so let's leave it there, the rest is conjecture cos he could very well pull a few more rabbits out the hat, given his record I'd be confident on that score. Points been made about the continual digs.

I still think Gannon would have done a phenomenal job if he was genuinely going to stay for 2-3 years. Losing established players would undoubtedly have been part of that, but it would have been worth it in the long term.

Not that I'm not happy with Craigy Broon. The mans a hero!

to get back on track about reynolds, surely he's the fairest player we've ever seen in a motherwell jersey. apart from his daft sending off at dunfermline his disciplinary record has been outstanding over the years. this year he's played every minute of every league game and only commited 22 fouls with no bookings, compare him to the cloggers playing at the back for united, hibs and hearts and he's almost saint like.

reynolds would actually be on to play 47x 90 mins this season but gannon subbed him against steaua because he thought reynolds gave away the pen when it was actually o'brien.

while we're on the topic of fouls in the spl, epl and championship this season the two teams that average the most fouls per game across these three leagues are hibs and dundee united. we're currently the third least fouling team with only swansea and donny rovers cheating less than us.

i agree that good players don't need to foul, especially ones with pace like reynolds. i would say that he should realise that if your not giving away daft fouls or picking up stupid bookings then you should use that to your advantage to pick up some smart ones.

if it has to be, bye mark & thanks for the memories. hope you get the move you want & deserve, & the best parting gift would be for you to score the winner that gives mfc europe again :D good luck to the others who have to leave for whatever reason as well

good luck to mark he deserves a really good move has been a great player.He is one player i dont grudge getting a move.Whatever price we get for him i love to see it invested in bringing ruddy and the juke to fir park on 2-3 year deals but doubt it will happen just me wishing.

Good players don't need to foul, ask the Kaiser

I agree, I think Joe Wark was only booked once in his career, or sent off once, can't remember, too excited. (wee 4th place decider at Fir Park)

Mark Reynolds will leave us with all the Well fans' good wishes.

He knows the score, he saw the way Faddy left compared to the way Pearson left and knows how he wants to be remembered.

He's a nice guy and a great player who will go on to greater things.

I hope he gets a belter of a move.

Another part of the airbrushing process? We had the season ticket renewal letters also having a sly dig saying "The dark, cold days of December now seem a distant memory" (bloody sure they don't mean the weather) and "This year it will be all the sweeter considering where the team were placed at the end of 2009"

I'd say more like where we were placed in the balmy July evenings they also mention is more of a concern. Why the need to constantly lambast Gannon in such a sly manner whilst McGhee did far more damage but gets praised for what he left behind?

Anyway back on topic, if Marky leaves he will do so with everyones best wishes for a good servant to the club. We all recognise he probably needs to move on for his career so hopefully he gets a move which suits him in all ways. PSV would be a belter of a move if he can get that but wherever he goes I wish him well.

I wasn't sad to see Gannon go but I do agree that labouring the point of where we were in December seemed as out of place of the apparent praise of McGhee reported to have been said in the AGM.

Also agree with all the comments wishing Reynolds well if he moves on. He's another of those who I hope would go on to better things either down south or better still abroad and doesn't end up at Parkhead or Ibrox.

First of all i wish Mark all the best as he's a local lad. Secondly i've NEVER rated him as a decent defender he's not strong enough big enough or good at reading and intercepting passes as last night proved. I just hope that PSV or whoever didn't have anyone watching last night or his valuation would diminish about 500 grand. Craigan Saunders Hammell and Ruddy were pants also. 10 goals in 2 games says it all unfortunately and i just hope we're up for the last game at Ibrox.Having said all that i hope he gets a good move we get minimum 600 grand and he goes on to play for Scotland. Somehow methinks he'll be back in the SPL in 2 years playing for Aberdeen or Hearts. :thumbup:

Alan Irvine (Sheffield Wed) sitting next to Reynolds Dad in the Main Stand last night!!

Surely he'd go somewhere at least at Championship Level?

Saw Irvine but didn't know that was who he was sitting beside. Would be personally disapointed for a few reasons if Reynolds left us and went to League One.

At least you got a renewal letter :thumbup: . For some reason after God knows how many seasons as a ST holder, I've still never had ANY postal correspondence from the Club. They must know that I'm that daft that I'll renew regardless :lol:

I didn't get one either mate.Fuck them and fuck their season tickets :thumbup:

I didn't get one either mate.Fuck them and fuck their season tickets :nod:

Not got mine yet either! I never get a renewal letter though!

Out of all the speculated destinations for Reynolds, I think PSV would be the one most suited to him. I'm not sure if he's got the strength to cut it in the Premiership/Championship just yet. Plus, there just aren't enough Scottish players in foreign leagues.