Motherwell Vs Hibernian

LadywellToi

Did ye no notice the few hundred strategically placed piles of grass cuttings? Made it look a lot better than it played. Hately was caught out a few times at the start of the game and I don't think he ever really recovered.

The real defence turned up during the second half when it began to defend.

I've already mentioned it but Hibs ceased as an attacking force when Riordan went off. I'm not sure it was a case of us finding our game.

And to those that say Hibs are 'pish' they are quite clearly one of the best attacking outfits to come to Fir Park in many a year it's just at the back they are as bad as we are if not worse.

The really amazing thing about last night was it could have been, without exaggeration 15-2 to Hibs or 9-6 to us!

Anyone wanting a copy on dvd? :wacko:

With the game being switched from tonight, I was goosed as I already had something on last night - during a break in the proceedings, I sent a text to the wee fella to find out the score and he told me were losing 6-5 - his message was kinda garbled and I got the impression we had been leading and had thrown it away, and the remainder of my night out was pretty much consumed with thoughts of the Aberdeen game a few years ago.

I actually cheered in the car on the way home when I caught a news update and they gave the score as 6-6 - straight on here when I got home and the true story of the game unfolded - realising we were 6-2 down with only 30 minutes to go makes me absolutely gutted that I wasn't there to witness the comeback - I know at the end of the day it's only a draw, but comebacks like that remain long in the memory of not just Motherwell, but Scottish football as a whole, and I got no doubt the guys that played will be long remembered for what can only be described as a truly awesome comback.

Want a copy ? Just let us know when they're available :huh:

MON RA DOSSERS

The day after.....

My anti-aging program due to yesterday:

Cold shower

Extra portion of cream for the face, so that the wrinkles disappear;)

Two liters of coffee

Salbei candies for the voice

How are you today? * G *

does anyone have a link to the nish-Jutkiewicz interview people have been talking about?

Looking for this too.

Will you stick it on the DVD Yabba?

Just showed a 2 second clip of Nish on SSN and he was about to start crying.

How gutted must Nish feel? After getting pelters from his own fans for weeks he must have been on cloud nine and feeling rather smug when his third went in. Fast forward an hour and he's standing in front of the Sky cameras without a match ball in sight OR the MOM champagne in his hands trying to explain how they threw away a four goal lead! Class!

A quote from the official website:

What is all the more incredible is that he scored the goal while carrying his persistent knee injury. In fact the player himself admitted with five minutes to go he was 'too knackered' to take 'Well's penalty, but he soldiered on to become the late hero.

I thought he looked like he wanted to take the pen, but Forbes took the ball off him. Not to worry though as we equalised anyway...

I know we came from 6-2 down and believe me I'm still on cloud 9 but do people get the feeling that if we had scored the penalty we wouldve won the game?

Nah, think it would still have finished a draw. And Lukas' goal was a much better way to secure that than a boring old penalty :lol:

Thing was, it took a crucial clearance right on the edge of the box by the Hibs defence to prevent Sutton having a go for the seventh just seconds after we'd went 6-6.

There were 30 attempts on goal last night, 19 from us and 11 from Hibs.

Can't be bothered starting a new topic for this, but the Radio Scotland podcast is worth a listen today (if you didn't hear Sportsound last night)... not just for the interviews after the Hibs game, but there's also a long discussion about Aberdeen, how they aren't as big a club as they think they are, and why whatever McGhee did well at Fir Park isn't working for him up the road.

Clicky

i think 6-6 is the best we could've got from the game, so not too bothered about the penalty. Feel bad for Forbes but his confidence won't be helped much by that. God knows though, if we'd equalised from the penalty we'd probably have lost 7-6 ourselves. And seeing that goal was worth the despair of the missed penalty.

Watched the full game this morning. Wow. Just wow. Defence was no where, bit of a non existant midfield at times aswell. With Forbes missing that penalty it'll just be another dent in his confidence. He missed one at Accies, and now thats two in a row. Hopefully a good rest and another good pre-season does him the world of good.

Ruddy - Was at fault for at least 2 Hibs goals. He'll never be slated like Fraser though. - 5

Saunders - Riordan ripped him a knew one at times. Not the best. - 6

Craigan - Club legend aye, but he still shouldn't be getting away with performances like that. - 5

Reynolds - Pish - 4

Hammell - Commited as usual, 100% effort as usual. Good delivery from set pieces, just his defending let him down. - 6

O'Brien - Great second half - 7

Coke - Up and down the midfield all night. Unlucky for the pass back. - 7

Hateley - Worst game of the season. Bit of a dip in his form recently. Better at right back. - 4

Murphy - Was he playing? - 4

Sutton - Brilliant performance, usual effort involved. Works his socks off everytime. Two great headers to boot. - 8

Lukas - Usual good performance. Great fucking goal. - 8

Humphrey - Done well down the right hand side, still has to improve crossing. - 6

Forbes - Gutted he missed the penalty. - 4

McGlinchey - Why this boy's getting on before McHugh i don't know. The guys gash. - 4

Watched the full game this morning. Wow. Just wow. Defence was no where, bit of a non existant midfield at times aswell. With Forbes missing that penalty it'll just be another dent in his confidence. He missed one at Accies, and now thats two in a row. Hopefully a good rest and another good pre-season does him the world of good.

Ruddy - Was at fault for at least 2 Hibs goals. He'll never be slated like Fraser though. - 5

Saunders - Riordan ripped him a knew one at times. Not the best. - 6

Craigan - Club legend aye, but he still shouldn't be getting away with performances like that. - 5

Reynolds - Pish - 4

Hammell - Commited as usual, 100% effort as usual. Good delivery from set pieces, just his defending let him down. - 6

O'Brien - Great second half - 7

Coke - Up and down the midfield all night. Unlucky for the pass back. - 7

Hateley - Worst game of the season. Bit of a dip in his form recently. Better at right back. - 4

Murphy - Was he playing? - 4

Sutton - Brilliant performance, usual effort involved. Works his socks off everytime. Two great headers to boot. - 8

Lukas - Usual good performance. Great fucking goal. - 8

Humphrey - Done well down the right hand side, still has to improve crossing. - 6

Forbes - Gutted he missed the penalty. - 4

McGlinchey - Why this boy's getting on before McHugh i don't know. The guys gash. - 4

Spot on assessment.

Hateley looks done for the season and I was annoyed to see McGlinchy come on ahead of McHugh.

Awesome. Just awesome. One long multiple scoregasm. Still suffering post traumatic stress disorder today. Never in my 35+ years as a fan have I went from such an epic low at 6-2 to an epic high in the space of 25 minutes.

The Jukes goal is actually better than Van Bastens as he was holding off a defender prior to creating space for a volley, Van Basten was in space and hit it on the drop. Doesn't mean as much as Psycho's but its in the top two of all time deffo.

The Jukes goal is actually better than Van Bastens as he was holding off a defender prior to creating space for a volley, Van Basten was in space and hit it on the drop. Doesn't mean as much as Psycho's but its in the top two of all time deffo.

Totally agree with that!