Lukas Jutkiewicz

GazzyB

Aint got one handy! But as I understand it, Hibs are easily the best run club in the country followed by Saint Mirren. We're not badly run at all, just haven't benefited from the substantial recent tranfers Hibs have.

They've got something we haven't in that respect, they don't allow their players to leave for a pittance. Whether that's down to their negotiating prowess or smart planning for the future I don't know but we don't place similar values on our young stars. Even our fans play down potential values, look at Reynolds, £500K my arse, yet that's the maximum figure I've seen quoted. Start at a Million and negotiate up, look around and see the stupid money being paid out for dross.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs can keep their players and command bigger fees because they pay them a lot more than we do. They also have a history of taking players teeth as collateral, they are definitely the gumsiest club I've ever known.

I think at the crucial age where young Hibs players are becoming established and beginning to stand out Hibs have that bit more clout to pay them a bit more than perhaps makes it easier to tie them into a longer deal so that if and when they do really kick on they are already tied into fairly long contracts that puts them in a good position.

Mind you if Reynolds hadn't been fairly gash in the season after we turned down Rangers bid we might have been looking at bigger offers also, where as now everyone knows he isn't likely to sign a new deal and having refound at least some of that early form he might be interesting bigger clubs but with only 12 months of his contract left they can afford to be patient.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really. The only way we'd ever get to keep him is if Everton keep him on and send him out on loan again. They sell him on...we've no chance. Therefore the more strikers they sign, the more likely they are to punt him.

Regardless of Boyle paying the transfer fee and Lukas (apparently) wanting to return, we still wouldn't be able to pay his full weekly wage. No way he will come back if Watford are looking to sign him. They will blow us out of the water wages wise. Time to let go.