Lukas Jutkiewicz

GazzyB

Glanced at a paper this morning, cannae mind which one, and it said Everton weren't happy at Motherwell only paying half his wages?!?! The paper also believed Jutkiewicz could be bought for about 300k and definately wasn't available for another loan. Probably shite, who knows? Part of me is still hoping we might be able to keep him.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glanced at a paper this morning, cannae mind which one, and it said Everton weren't happy at Motherwell only paying half his wages?!?! The paper also believed Jutkiewicz could be bought for about 300k and definately wasn't available for another loan. Probably shite, who knows? Part of me is still hoping we might be able to keep him.

I think if Boyle fancied investing money and taking a calculated 'gamble' on Lukas, £300,000 in installments (Hopefully sig him for 3 years and sell him on in 2 years for £500,000-£600,000) could see us make a healthy profit on him.

However it IS a gamble as the lad could get a permanent injury and we could be stuffed. His wages would also be a MASSIVE stumbling point for us as well.

His wages would also be a MASSIVE stumbling point for us as well.

Absolutely, plus you'd not only have to convince him to take a drop so not to upset the apple cart, you'd have to convince his agent its a good idea too. Anyone ever heard of a middle man willing to take one step back to take two forward?

Footballers live in the now, they don't know if tomorrow they may get a Durrant-esque injury that affects their future earning potential in a major way. Although it would be great for us, I can't see him accepting based on regular/higher profile traded for lower wages, he should be able to do that next year with the same level of prominence as the SPL and maintain the £8k that's been quoted on here.. His increased prominence in the past week has ensured he has ensured a few extra phone calls may be heading Moyes' way.

Unfortunatley guys, it was this type of talk that got motherwell into bad debt. So, with JB looking after the money, and wanting to stay in the black as a number 1 priority. He will not stretch the bank again. Rather i think CB will try find the next faddy or clarkson from the youth squad and try some new loan deals... it's for the best.

Chris Porters'?

Was it a step back though? Wasn't he on about £4,000 a week (subsidised from JB's pocket) after coming from Oldham who were sitting in League 1?

With those wages and the higher exposure I'd say it was a wee step up. Followed by another step up to Derby.

I had someone say to me this morning that Rangers were very interested in the Duke and talks have already taken place. I'll believe it if it happens, but I sincerely hope not.

The same person mentioned something about Craig Brown and an upstairs role at Parkhead.

Silly season right enough?

I had someone say to me this morning that Rangers were very interested in the Duke and talks have already taken place. I'll believe it if it happens, but I sincerely hope not.

The same person mentioned something about Craig Brown and an upstairs role at Parkhead.

Silly season right enough?

Well, they would be fibbing <_ from our mole at everton src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_lol.gif" alt=":lol:">

Ricky, is your middle name "Reuters"? You have better news gathering ability and sources compared to them.

Kinda wish I had their bank balance though......!

Took it with the pinch of salt you have to when folk drop rumours or "what they've heard". Hope that "mole" at Everton is digging a good deal to get Duke back here for pre-season.....

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Hearts or Rangers.

If Romanov doesn't think Stokes is good enough for Hearts I doubt he'll see the Juke as good enough. Saying that, if the rumours are to be believed Hearts will be signing all their players from Kilmarnock.

If Romanov doesn't think Stokes is good enough for Hearts I doubt he'll see the Juke as good enough. Saying that, if the rumours are to be believed Hearts will be signing all their players from Kilmarnock.

Given they offered a contract to Mehmet I'd be very surprised if they didn't go for Jutkiewicz.

Infact, given that they are looking to sign a striker on at least £5k a week, Jeffries is off his head if he doesn't enquire about Jutkiewicz.

They aint exactly highly rated themselves....

In common with other banks Ūkio Bankas has suffered from the effects of credit crunch and on 26 August 2008 rating agency Standard & Poor downgraded the banks status from stable to negative.

Are Hearts the next Greece?

Out of the current SPL is there a list of who's most financially stable? Ricky you must have a excel spreadsheet somewhere.

Guessing Killie is near the bottom. Both Hearts and Hibs must have at least their real estate holdings in their assets so that will offset things to a degree. Rangers woes are well documented too.

Hibs by absolutely miles and miles.

Apart from everything else to do with the running of the club, their new stand is already bought and paid for without adding any debt. Basically because they waited til they had the money before starting it, rather than building it then trying to claw the money back.

Fantastically well run football club.

Are Hearts the next Greece?

Out of the current SPL is there a list of who's most financially stable? Ricky you must have a excel spreadsheet somewhere.

Guessing Killie is near the bottom. Both Hearts and Hibs must have at least their real estate holdings in their assets so that will offset things to a degree. Rangers woes are well documented too.

Aint got one handy! But as I understand it, Hibs are easily the best run club in the country followed by Saint Mirren. We're not badly run at all, just haven't benefited from the substantial recent tranfers Hibs have.

We're not badly run at all, just haven't benefited from the substantial recent tranfers Hibs have.

Agree. Another factor is that it appears that we have been paying more to repair/maintain the pitch recently than we have paid on transfer fees. :huh:

When did we last pay a six-figure sum for a player? I truly don't know.

SD 

Unfortunatley guys, it was this type of talk that got motherwell into bad debt. So, with JB looking after the money, and wanting to stay in the black as a number 1 priority. He will not stretch the bank again. Rather i think CB will try find the next faddy or clarkson from the youth squad and try some new loan deals... it's for the best.

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, if we can afford the fee that Everton want, and his wage demands won't require a breaking of the bank, then i'd love to see him signed.

However, if we can't afford him, we can't afford him.