The John Sutton Appreciation Thread

fizoxy

Seriously, the guy doesn't get the praise he deserves! He might run like Forrest Gump in quicksand, but the workrate is immense, and his aerial ability is excellent. Add quite a few goals to that list and he should be a prime candidate for our player of the season (have we had that yet?)

Maybe not quite an "unsung hero" but his contribution has been lost amongst the hype surrounding Juke and Ruddy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought the big man was outstanding last night, never gave up.

plus he got the assist to the greatest goal of all time :P

and scored two of the most crucial goals :lol:

12 goals last year B-)

is that 14 goals this year ?? :huh:

I'm already a signed up member , Big John Sutton Motherwells number 11 :wacko:

He's a much better all round player than he was when he first came here, in fact I think since Ruddy and Hateley haven't done as well in the final part of the season, I think Sutton has become a candidate for Player of the Season.

26 goals in 60 starts isn't a bad strike rate either.

Big John has been brilliant this season.

Even when he has been playing left side of midfield his work rate has been immense.

The 2 goals last night were great but too late for player of the year as John Ruddy got it a couple of weeks ago. :wacko:

POTY for me.

Improved immensely this season. I think we saw against that Albanian mob of all teams, that he was more than just a penalty box striker. And since then, he has developed into a very clever player that runs his socks off and encourages the youngsters around him.

Not too dissimilar to how his brother developed at Parkhead.

Never understood why people on here wanted him binned in the summer as it was evident in the Europa League games he would bring alot to the team. Has had an excellent season, and to think he's only 26 too - seems to have been around for a lot longer!

I think he has a right good rapport with the fans aswell. Everytime he scores hes running towards the fans pumping his fists shouting COME ON!!!

I fucking love that side to a Motherwell player.

I think Ruddy deserved player of the year but I dont think Sutton was too far behind!

he's a different player from last season, he's changed from a guy who trys to the lead the line to playing deeper and works his socks off for 90 minutes.

the shift he put in at left mid when we're down to ten men at falkirk was unreal. i was a critic but i'm firmly won over now.

Superb thread!

The big man puts so much effort in for the cause and does so much work for the team, as well as popping up with a good few goals!

Is my memory playing tricks, or did St Mirren fans tell us he was lazy when we first signed up!?

Mon the big chap! :lol:

Superb thread!

The big man puts so much effort in for the cause and does so much work for the team, as well as popping up with a good few goals!

Is my memory playing tricks, or did St Mirren fans tell us he was lazy when we first signed up!?

Mon the big chap! :notworthy:

Nah spot on, they apparently weren't too sorry to see him go. He has came on leaps and bounds since then.