The John Sutton Appreciation Thread

fizoxy

About time the big man got a thread like this. I think he must be one of the most under-rated players in the the league. He's performed a vital job all season and run himself into the ground week in, week out. A good pro and a very important part of our team. His aerial and hold up play is superb and he's scored a good deal of important goals for us.

I would love to see the club try and get his contract extended this summer.

:notworthy:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah spot on, they apparently weren't too sorry to see him go. He has came on leaps and bounds since then.

I think St. Mirren fans are a bit like Motherwell fans, a player is great until he signs for another club when they instantly become 'over rated' or even 'pure pish'.

He's a much better all round player than he was when he first came here, in fact I think since Ruddy and Hateley haven't done as well in the final part of the season, I think Sutton has become a candidate for Player of the Season.

26 goals in 60 starts isn't a bad strike rate either.

That is a great stat imo.

Credit where credit is due.............great signing Mr McGhee :rolleyes:

I saw the Sheffield Wednesday manager in the POD Stand last night. Just hope we don't lose Sutts this summer as well.......................

thought the big man was outstanding last night, never gave up.

plus he got the assist to the greatest goal of all time :lol:

Very little appears to have been made of Sutton's part in the Duke's fizzbomb. Most say it was a hopeful punt, I don't - I'm pretty certain he meant to put it where he knew the Duke was running. Very, very underrated player - cheers Sutts.

Have always liked Sutts as a player, the Nancy game in France would have been so different if our midfield had actually bothered to do their job and run beyond him as he won everything put his way! This season he has really come on tho,and is proving very effective at left mid as well,great workrate + always full of effort,long may it comtinue! and get an extension signed in the summer!!

Have always liked Sutts as a player, the Nancy game in France would have been so different if our midfield had actually bothered to do their job and run beyond him as he won everything put his way! This season he has really come on tho,and is proving very effective at left mid as well,great workrate + always full of effort,long may it comtinue! and get an extension signed in the summer!!

:nod: Then he can get himself a new Stone Island jumper wi' the signing on fee, he's hud the same yin on for too long noo, getting like Dale Winton ^_^

Signed. Always wanted him to do well - seems an honest big bloke (plus we signed him for 3 years...)

Tell you what - he fair land a backpost heeeeeder!! Surely most of his goals have been with his coupon? Better than Ports was in the air.... :lol: Dunno - controversial perhaps. All the more need to replace JOB and get a winger in to feed big Sutts all game long!

Big Sutton has been outstanding since he arrived at the 'well, scored some fabulous goals and like everyone else has said his contribution to the game can't be faulted, even when he's not scoring he is winning all the headers, holding the ball up, laying the ball off. Hope the big man gets signed up on a longer deal soon. :lol:

Glad that this thread has appeared. Always liked Sutton as a player. Can remember in his first season, and on occasion this season, he was getting pelters at the games and on here. He's just an old school british style footballer who are few and far between now-a-days.

Folk were slating the decision to play him at left mid a few games back but who's gonna argue with that now?

Glad that this thread has appeared. Always liked Sutton as a player. Can remember in his first season, and on occasion this season, he was getting pelters at the games and on here. He's just an old school british style footballer who are few and far between now-a-days.

Folk were slating the decision to play him at left mid a few games back but who's gonna argue with that now?

Me, he's a forward, why the fuck do we continue to play forwards at left mid? He's a good honest pro and will play where he's tellt but his best position is up front so keep him up there and play a midfielder in left mid.

Me, he's a forward, why the fuck do we continue to play forwards at left mid? He's a good honest pro and will play where he's tellt but his best position is up front so keep him up there and play a midfielder in left mid.

If he didn't play in left mid we would be 2 points worse off at least.

If he didn't play in left mid we would be 2 points worse off at least.

Yes and if my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle.

You cant say that at all Frazza. You never know if we would have more goals scored with him playing through the middle. Today showed me that Sutts aint a left midfielder, on a big wide pitch like ibrox then he doesnt have the same effect for cross balls coming in. Would rather he was up front today giving Weir and Clubfoot a good going over with Juke.