The John Sutton Appreciation Thread

fizoxy

Yes and if my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle.

You cant say that at all Frazza. You never know if we would have more goals scored with him playing through the middle. Today showed me that Sutts aint a left midfielder, on a big wide pitch like ibrox then he doesnt have the same effect for cross balls coming in. Would rather he was up front today giving Weir and Clubfoot a good going over with Juke.

You mis-interpret my point.

Tactically, playing him in left mid has been a masterstroke recently. Granted, he wasn't great today. I actually think he was only playing on the left today to stifle Davis. However in the last handful of games when he has been shifted to the left we have had great success. Espescially with Murphy/Hammell getting on the end of his knockdowns. It's been great to have that extra dimension. I would rather he played up top too but it's been great to see him deployed in a different position and to do well. He's been more of a team player in that role and shown that he has so much more to his game.

I mean, those are also the reasons listed in this thread.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still dont love sutton think he is over rated but does score goals for us is a simple player who scores tap ins. We need a player who can hold the ball up front and score headers think duke and murphy are better players starting to see murphy coming into his own. Really need to find some wingers so that murphy or sutton can play up front next year.

Still dont love sutton think he is over rated but does score goals for us is a simple player who scores tap ins. We need a player who can hold the ball up front and score headers think duke and murphy are better players starting to see murphy coming into his own. Really need to find some wingers so that murphy or sutton can play up front next year.

Aye his tap ins on wednesday were pish - particularly the two headers.

my favourite tap in was the 25 yarder at Ibrox last year. And some of the other tap in headers he's scored this season.

Did you miss the two headers he scored in midweek?

He has always provided a scoring threat since he came here albeit his goals have come in bursts rather than every other game.

But where he has improved is exactly what you have asked for. The amount of headers he does win is absolutely tremendous be it on the wing or in a central position and allied to that I believe his ability to hold up the ball and link-up has come on a ton this season too.

winging headers on the wing is alot easier than in middle cause full backs are smaller (on average) than center halfs. still dont think he is quiet good enough would like a new porter (who he was bought to replace) and he just cant do what he could. Yes he does score some goals both important and amazing. But i remember seeing Big jim hamilton score amazing goals didnt mean he should still be on our books.

Defo not saying that sutton should be sold but i dont love him and when he does leave he wont leave the memories or love that i have for porter faddy or clarkson but is a steady player.

winging headers on the wing is alot easier than in middle cause full backs are smaller (on average) than center halfs. still dont think he is quiet good enough would like a new porter (who he was bought to replace) and he just cant do what he could. Yes he does score some goals both important and amazing. But i remember seeing Big jim hamilton score amazing goals didnt mean he should still be on our books.

Defo not saying that sutton should be sold but i dont love him and when he does leave he wont leave the memories or love that i have for porter faddy or clarkson but is a steady player.

See if you don't like somebody just say so and leave it at that instead of trying to justify it and making an erse of it. B-)