New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

My mates been insisting to me for weeks that AMP Scaffolding are our new sponsors. His uncles firm and thats how he found out! Have to say i dont really believe him tbh!

:( Eh? If it has been a done deal for weeks we would have replica kit sales on the go before the traditional 'fair' fortnight no?

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought any deal would have been in place by now, we are 5 days away from arguably the prime selling time for the new kit, i.e. Europa League home tie and have already missed the boat for pre season friendly sales.

Don't know about anyone else but this does not inspire me, as has been said before sponsorship money is crucial to clubs such as ours.

My mates been insisting to me for weeks that AMP Scaffolding are our new sponsors. His uncles firm and thats how he found out! Have to say i dont really believe him tbh!

Is it no a building firm who are the sponsors just for the preseason friendlies..?? :(

Explained on the Twitter site and elsewhere on another thread. UEFA regulations prevent them having a hoop. Something to do with the numbers. The hooped strip will apparently be back for regular games in Scotland.

Yeah saw this being discussed in the Ayr thread after I posted. Seems weird especially after we had a hoop last year. Certainly explains all of Celtics tops in Europe.

Why the sudden change from last year? Our hoop didn't appear to be a problem then.

I can't see anything wrong with wearing white numbers on the back of the shirt like we did against Steau Bucharest.

Or Llanelli or Flamurtari. Flamurtari had stripes on the back of their kit as well IIRC. Maybe we just couldn't get kits without hoops last year and PUMA can accomodate us this year.

I've never read so much shite in my fuckin puff

Who gives a flying fuck?

Ach, naebody really :D We just need something to moan about :wacko:

So much time, so little football its only going to get worse until the season proper starts and we can all spout pish about the games :rolleyes:

Good Evening Everyone,

I have decided to post on this subject tonight because I have been asked directly to do so and also because it is only fair to update you all given we have 12 pages of discussion on the subject.

I have been reading this thread with real interest - the discussions around ideas for shirt sponsorship and innovation are much to be admired. There is no doubt that it is a difficult marketplace not only in the traditional media environments but also in the niche ones, such as sports sponsorship too.

Do not be mislead in thinking however that we have not be active in discussions and in pursuing a partnership that cements not only our commercial interests but as important, where we aspire to be as a club. We have been in active discussions since before the end of 2009 to secure the RIGHT partnership. Read into that what you will.

I can update you to say that we were very pleased indeed to strike a short term deal with a long standing business and supporter of MFC for 2 of our friendly matches. ABR Roofing stepped in when the opportunity arose - we needed interim strips for the team whilst waiting on our new home kit and therefore a short term sponsor was sought. ABR were delighted to sponsor these games and a personal thank you to them for doing so.

The 2nd round Europa matches - we have again secured a sponsor for these two matches, deal done many weeks ago and will be detailed tomorrow once the strips are ready. A brand and great cause that we as a club have supported in the past and one that is very important to us going forward. Community based.

Overall Shirt Sponsorship - as eluded to above, we have been working very hard in this area and I am pleased to say that we have secured a partnership that I hope will not only excite our supporters but more importantly, inspire them. The 'deal' has been on the table for some time, the detail very much flexible and the future partnership I have huge hopes for. We are in a period of organisation and I cannot, as yet, announce anything but please bear with me.

What I can say is that I think you will be pleased. It is a wonderful opportunity for the club, absolutely cements our direction and future aspirations and I hope others eventually look on with envy.

As I said above, I am very pleased that you are all interested enough to generate 12 pages of discussion on the subject - please also be reassured that we have been working tirelessly to secure a partnership that is insightful and beneficial for all.

I will be able to tell you all soon enough - most likely the week of the 19th July. Patience...this will be different.

Leeann

I think the 12 pages about the lack of a shirt sponsor is mostly down to how it affects the club going into the new season im sure this news will bring a collective sigh of relief amongst the support that we do have a deal in place,as will a date of when the shirts go on sale,if known?