New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

Still no news on this??? I got an IOU a Motherwell home strip for my birthday on the 4th of July which I'm still waiting on!

Hey guys

I'm wi Jimmo on this. Why not sell the top without the sponser then. Who goes on their summer hols wi an old strip anyway !!!!!!! :)

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not sell the top without the sponser then. Who goes on their summer hols wi an old strip anyway !!!!!!! B-)

Exactly. I'm not long back from my holiday, was gutted the new kit was not available to purchase. I can't believe how many pages they are regarding the new sponser, Personally i don't care who it is, just glad we have something sorted.

Exactly. I'm not long back from my holiday, was gutted the new kit was not available to purchase. I can't believe how many pages they are regarding the new sponser, Personally i don't care who it is, just glad we have something sorted.

I agree i was gutted i couldn't get the kit for the trip to iceland. Guess it won't be available for the trip to norway. Also why the hell is there so many pages about a sponser??? - when the club are ready it will be revealed.

Right serious question time.

IF this all transpires as mentioned / hinted / alluded to / riddled about.

a) will we be the first club to actually be sponsored by a charity? (i.e. take money from a charitys advertising budget as opposed to having a charity logo placed on the shirt Barca, Villa, Airdrie style)

b) IF so are we prepared for the inevitable flak?

Edit: I really hope the deal is structured in a way that it gets us some real positive press and works for the org in question.

IF so are we prepared for the inevitable flak?

If by flak you mean puns/jokes regarding the rumoured Comic sponsor, I’m sure they will eventually get fed up of the same old tired lines. The first run of bad results I’m sure the media will refer to us as a ‘Joke Team’ or something similar.

I’m still not convinced this alledged deal will happen and it’s probably just another wind up similar to my ASB top.

I’m sure it will all become clear on Thursday, as to my knowledge we still haven’t agreed a shirt sponsor for this match. Or will Choose Life still be on our shirt?

If by flak you mean puns/jokes regarding the rumoured Comic sponsor, I’m sure they will eventually get fed up of the same old tired lines. The first run of bad results I’m sure the media will refer to us as a ‘Joke Team’ or something similar.

I’m still not convinced this alledged deal will happen and it’s probably just another wind up similar to my ASB top.

I’m sure it will all become clear on Thursday, as to my knowledge we still haven’t agreed a shirt sponsor for this match. Or will Choose Life still be on our shirt?

No - I was meaning genuine flak - for, as a business, taking money / funds to help us operate on a daily basis from a charity.

I don't know if our alluded to deal will be structured in the way that others have worked. In the cases I've heard of, which are Barca, Sheffield Wed, Aston Villa, Airdrie - the charity organisations logo was either awarded to the organisation by the club as a gesture or in the absence of a main sponsor - or in the case of Airdrie was placed their by a business who waived the right to have their name placed and promoted the charity instead.

I personally have never heard of a charity - using funds to sponsor a team's shirt but understand like all other organisations and businesses and other agencies they will have an advertising budget.

I'm asking if anyone knows of any deals to date where the charity has parted with cash.

No - I was meaning genuine flak - for, as a business, taking money / funds to help us operate on a daily basis from a charity.

I think if anyone gets flak it should be the person responsible for allowing the money to be spent in this way. I'm sure there are more positive ways that Sport/Comic Relief could spend any money they have been given. It's pie in the sky anyway, as no one has come on here with any proof that this deal is ever going to happen.

As you and I know Wikipedia is not a good source for reliable information.

It would be interesting to know who actually knows who the sponsor is, and who was just joining in with the hints like me.

If it is Sport Relief I would think that it would be in the form of some sort of partnership or project specific to the local area. I don't think our shirts would be the best form of advertisement for a national charity.

I think if anyone gets flak it should be the person responsible for allowing the money to be spent in this way. I'm sure there are more positive ways that Sport/Comic Relief could spend any money they have been given. It's pie in the sky anyway, as no one has come on here with any proof that this deal is ever going to happen.

As you and I know Wikipedia is not a good source for reliable information.

Heard a couple of weeks ago from a member within the organisation that sponsored the breidablik game. Seemed pretty sure that sport relief were lined up as our new sponsors

I would like to think that if is Sport Relief that they'd maybe getting something back from the Club in the long run %of shirt sales or a game or two where the profits go to them.

I'm not sure how this would benefit Motherwell in the short term. What we require is a serious 'commercial' cash injection to pay wages and secure a player or two. Although admirable, in these tough times can we really afford to give much needed profits back to a charity?

What puzzles me is, a charity is usually given money and to my knowledge never hands it out to professional football teams in sponsorship deals. If we are giving charities the shirt off our back we must be more flush than I thought. The likes of Barcelona do it because they can afford to.

If true, good luck to both parties and I hope they both benefit in a positive way from the deal.

From the Comic/Sport Relief website

Sport Relief in a nutshell

All the money raised by the public is spent by Comic Relief to help transform the lives of poor and vulnerable people, both at home and across the world's poorest countries.

Worth keeping in mind that organisations such as Choose Life aren't charities, rather government funded initiatives, so it's not charity money that we'll be taking. It may have backing of organisations connected to charities but any monies will come from the government.

Given that North Lanarkshire has an alarmingly high suicide rate any backing Motherwell will give through potential shirt sponsorship will assist in the promotion of the Choose Life message of suicide prevention and awareness.

I'm not sure how this would benefit Motherwell in the short term. What we require is a serious 'commercial' cash injection to pay wages and secure a player or two. Although admirable, in these tough times can we really afford to give much needed profits back to a charity?

What puzzles me is, a charity is usually given money and to my knowledge never hands it out to professional football teams in sponsorship deals. If we are giving charities the shirt off our back we must be more flush than I thought. The likes of Barcelona do it because they can afford to.

If true, good luck to both parties and I hope they both benefit in a positive way from the deal.

How very, erm sanctimonious.

This 'commercial' cash injection not likely from an advertising budget? The likes of Barcelona? :)

Cuando necesitado