New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

Really like the new top. As people have said it's a bit thin but overall a very tidy strip. One thing I've noticed is the long sleeve tops, the sleeves seem to be very long, prefer the badge this year, alot bolder and more prominent.

We'll see how it goes in the wash but the material seems as if it will stand up better than the CCC.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any offixial news in regards to the sponsorship?

I had an idea for the upcomoning years, something similar to a guy in the US who created a Webpage and asked thousends of customers to be part of his unique webpage. He sold each pixel on the screen for $1... Make up, how much money he got...

Maybe we should offer companys around the area a smal section roughly 0.25x0.25 inch with their logo for the whole season for £1000?! Surely we could get 250 companies to do that?!?

That surely would be horroble, but unique and probably well worth more than £200k...

Stupid?? Maybe... Unique? most probably!

Maybe we should offer companys around the area a smal section roughly 0.25x0.25 inch with their logo for the whole season for £1000?! Surely we could get 250 companies to do that?!?

I don't think many companies would be willing to shell out any money for 0.25x0.25 inches on a Motherwell strip. The point of sponsorship is so that a company's name/logo is seen by lots of people and with this proposal the only people who would really see each name/logo would be the fans who bought the top and actually spent the time to look carefully at the big mess on the front of the strip.

A stupid and frankly thoughtless idea I'm afraid.

I have to say that I am more than slightly concerned that we are approaching a new season without a shirt sponsor and, despite the rumours, no sign of one.

Selling the jerseys without a sponsors name doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that a deal is imminent. Incredibly, we have actually offerd to print the name on feach of the jerseys feree of charge once the sponor is announced. Am I the only one who thinks that announcement was NOT aimed at the supporters who buy the jerseys but at any potential sponsor?

Come on, how many really believe there will be a queue for that facility?

Simply put, shirt sponsorship is amajor source of income for clubs like Motherwell and I am extremely concerned that with the new league season only a couple of weeks away our players are playing bare chested.

Aye the sponsor free jerseys may be the bees knees but the reality is we need a name across our chest, and for this club, or any club for that matter, to go into a European tie minus a sponsor is unbelievable.

Aye the sponsor free jerseys may be the bees knees but the reality is we need a name across our chest, and for this club, or any club for that matter, to go into a European tie minus a sponsor is unbelievable.

Not really, there was very little coverage of this tie, or Hibs or Celtic for that matter because no one cares about these rounds bar the teams that are in them. I agree with your general point though.

I have to say that I am more than slightly concerned that we are approaching a new season without a shirt sponsor and, despite the rumours, no sign of one.

Selling the jerseys without a sponsors name doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that a deal is imminent. Incredibly, we have actually offerd to print the name on feach of the jerseys feree of charge once the sponor is announced. Am I the only one who thinks that announcement was NOT aimed at the supporters who buy the jerseys but at any potential sponsor?

Simply put, shirt sponsorship is amajor source of income for clubs like Motherwell and I am extremely concerned that with the new league season only a couple of weeks away our players are playing bare chested.

This might not be true either. I asked this question yesterday and it was met with a "Don't know yet". I don't think many will take the club shop up on their offer of putting a sponsor on the shirt. Having to pay for it? Nowt chance.

Got mine delivered first thing on launch day and I'm really pleased with it. For a start, it's great to have a football shirt without a corporate sponsor. I know sponsorship means income etc etc, but it's a nice throwback to a previous era. Puma have produced a high quality shirt - really smooth and silky - and i love the design. I've since ordered the hoody and the training vest. Guys in the club shop - the walloper with the Manchester address is me, so get them in the post. :)

You must have the home top as the away one (although COOL) is a bit like a teabag in quality.

As 4 the sponsor I will wager there has been a slight hitch with the contract which will hopefully be ironed out b4 the season starts, although if we were to draw Liverpool they may want it resolved before then 4 obvious reasons.

If the rumours are to be believed then I am sure dealing with a charity is not as straightforward as a private company who can just hand over the cheque.

Could be tbh, kids etc want the same shirt as their idols.

although if we were to draw Liverpool they may want it resolved before then 4 obvious reasons.

We've never lost to Liverpool.........

If, like you claim, it's 100k, that could be 2 new players wages. While it won't put us into administration, it could easily mean the difference between top6 and bottom 6 (or between Europe and no Europe). For a club who tries to break even every season, that is a big deal.

Clearly more than you if you think not having a sponsor for pre-season will send us hurling into administration :cheers:

Didn't realise it would cause us to abandon football altogether right enough :doh:

You mentioned administration. Nobody else. Again, do you realise how important £100,000 is to the club over a year? Right now the club are greatly pushing player sponsorship (more than any other year I can remember) through repeated adverts on the official website, twitter, emails, and, phone calls. Although that is for the massive sum of £275 a shirt so naw the £100,000 won't be useful in any way :doh: