New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Motherwell actually gets that much money from a sponsorship anyway :wallbash:

Its like 100k a year.. hardly going to kill the club if we didn't have one..

Its not a big deal because we wont go all season without a sponsor... we will have a sponsor. :)

Ah, ok. So the money IS important. You CAN actually see that now?

It won't.. at least not as much as your all making it out to be

Again, you are the only one that has mentioned the money being linked to 'administration'/our survival. No one else. We NEED this money for mundane necesary things like bills and wages. As weeyin has stated it might also allow us to add another two or so players to the squad (loan deals or released players), which in turn could help greatly in achieving another Euro qualification/top 6 finish and/or going on a good domestic cup run. The money, in that respect, is vital to the club.

Right now its not since those players wouldn't be available until the play off stages.

So there is no point in using that money, if it is to be used in this way, to add to the squad for the start of the SPL campaign (two weeks tomorrow and ultimately the club's main priority) which is BEFORE the Play Off round takes place?

1. Who are you going to bring in for that kind of money that would improve our squad? :wallbash:

2. Still 2 weeks... no need to panic.. especially when as it stands we have the players we need to compete.

3. If the club where that bothered about it, they would take the first offer that comes in... reason none has been announced yet is most likely because they are holding off and negotiating for a better deal worth more to the club in the long run.

1. Who are you going to bring in for that kind of money that would improve our squad? :wallbash:

2. Still 2 weeks... no need to panic.. especially when as it stands we have the players we need to compete.

3. If the club where that bothered about it, they would take the first offer that comes in... reason none has been announced yet is most likely because they are holding off and negotiating for a better deal worth more to the club in the long run.

1. How much did we pay for John Sutton, Steve Jennings, Chris Humphrey, Giles Coke, Tom Hateley, and, Darren Randolph to name only a few?

2. Nobody is in a state of panic. Whether we do have the players to compete in the SPL (certainly to the standard of the last few years) is, as of yet, unknown.

3. Which shows you how important the money is to the club.

You are an arse, you make out as if 100k will do very little for the club. Motherwell fans should especially know how much difference it could make. This 100k could go a very long way for signing on fees and wages. The earlier we get this money the better, for all you know the sponsorship isnt even worth 100k

What is really puzzling me is the selling of the strips sponsor free, that is a big no-no in the marketing world, if it were a straightforward choice a shirt with a sponsor or not, how many would you see sold with the sponsors name on it? Marketing people know that and what they are paying for is not just their name on a shirt on match of the day but on the high street, in Tesco's, in the pub, at the airport, it's the secondary advertising by fans away from the match that is just as big a pull as the real thing on the players jersey.

More people see the advert on the fans jerseys than on the players and that's a fact. We are walking billboards and that is why shirt sponsorship is so lucrative.

That's why I'm puzzled, if as we were led to believe, a sponsorship agreement was imminent why release the shirts sponsor free? Surely it would make more sense to delay the sale until we had a sponsor in place.

I'm well aware that no-one other than the clubs and fans involved are interested in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, but I would have thought that we would have had a sponsor on board before we started playing serious football. Surely that should have been a priority, get a sponsor on board, a deal signed, and money in the bank before we kick a ball in earnest.

"week of the 19th" I believe our glorious and sainted chief executive was quoted as saying when asked when a sponsor would be on board. Pity she never stipulated the month eh!

What is really puzzling me is the selling of the strips sponsor free, that is a big no-no in the marketing world

It seems clear that this is not a ‘normal’ type of sponsorship deal. If it was, this would not have been allowed to happen. I’m sure Leeann metioned somewhere that the deal was going to be a little different. Only time will tell if different means more for us and them.

What is really puzzling me is the selling of the strips sponsor free,

The club did not want to be the first ever not to have a replica strip available to purchase before the start of the season. Simple as, really.

The club would have been frustrated at the amount to sales they were losing out on, as the last few weeks would generally have been the busiest for shifting the strips due to people buying them for holidays and the European games etc.

And like many have mentioned there is a deal in place, but the nature of the deal, and those involved, mean it's not been a straightforward set-up.

The club did not want to be the first ever not to have a replica strip available to purchase before the start of the season. Simple as, really.

The club would have been frustrated at the amount to sales they were losing out on, as the last few weeks would generally have been the busiest for shifting the strips due to people buying them for holidays and the European games etc.

And like many have mentioned there is a deal in place, but the nature of the deal, and those involved, mean it's not been a straightforward set-up.

Paragraphs two and three may well be the case but I can remember at least a couple of occasions where our strips have only gone on sale after the start of the season. The year we won the cup we were into September before we had the strip on sale.

Ok people have given the old wink wink nod nod,I know something you dont spiel but I cannot understand why,if we really do have a deal in place at the moment,we do not have a sponsor on the shirt? And the selling of shirts sponsorless just adds to it, why sell shirts without a sponsor if a deal was imminent?

The fact of the matter is, weve known since we signed the last deal our shirt sponsor was ending this summer, at the same time weve known since then the record TV deal went up the shitter and we know the economic climate is making peoples purse strings tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm so why in the fuck,when cash,esp at a club like urs,is so scarce do we not have something concrete in place? why in August are we still negotiating or ironing out details? It just reeks of a total clusterfuck.

To add to it, its harming the chance for the club to make a serious amount of money, we are 1 game away from a potential money spinner! and yet we were very lucky to beat a very average part time team in the last round and will do well to beat this Norwegian team because we have little creativity and a poor-average goal threat, this sponsorship money could have helped to bring in a player to alleviate that situation!

Leanne said on the radio the other week that some fans dont want to face up to the reality of financial matters at football clubs, Id argue its the Administrators + people in charge of Clubs who dont want to face up to reality, The fans are being bent over + shafted, paying ever increasing prices for an ever declining product, we lose our best players + do not replace them and yet they still expect us to pay £300-£400 a year for a season ticket,or £18 - £25 per game,giving us the line of how our cash will help the club, all the while one of the staples of the club finances,shirt sponsorship, is STILL up in the air in fucking August!

Maybe the sponsor isnt bothered about the strips being sold without the print on it because the deal involves more than just the front of the strip, the renaming of a stand perhaps . . .

No that doesn't cut it, there is a lot more publicity from having your name on the shirts than there is in having a stand in your name, that's why stands are generally named after ex-players and managers, rather than commercial institutions.

I think what has happened is we have tried to negotiate a deal that included our euro games to get an increased bid from sponsor but they have knocked it back and stood firm on a deal without euro sponsorship. MFC have then decided ok lets try and get individual sponsors for each euro game and the Aalesund game away with no media coverage was not atractive for anyone so the shirts were left blank. I am sure we have someone in place for start of SPL.

;)

I think what has happened is we have tried to negotiate a deal that included our euro games to get an increased bid from sponsor but they have knocked it back and stood firm on a deal without euro sponsorship. MFC have then decided ok lets try and get individual sponsors for each euro game and the Aalesund game away with no media coverage was not atractive for anyone so the shirts were left blank. I am sure we have someone in place for start of SPL.

:wallbash:

So why aren't they on the shirts being sold to the fans? They may not have a sponsor for Europe but that might only last another game or three, surely we should have announced the league sponsor and had their name on the shirts? Negotiations don't really work that way anyway, we would have went to the table with a ballpark figure for all scenarios, with a larger deal if we reached the group stages of the Europa, TV coverage for matches against some of the top teams in Europe would have been a big carrot to most sponsors.

I honestly cant get my head around what is going on?

Selling the shirts without a sponsors name on is a really, really, bad sign.

So why aren't they on the shirts being sold to the fans? They may not have a sponsor for Europe but that might only last another game or three, surely we should have announced the league sponsor and had their name on the shirts? Negotiations don't really work that way anyway, we would have went to the table with a ballpark figure for all scenarios, with a larger deal if we reached the group stages of the Europa, TV coverage for matches against some of the top teams in Europe would have been a big carrot to most sponsors.

I honestly cant get my head around what is going on?

Selling the shirts without a sponsors name on is a really, really, bad sign.

No, it isn't. Selling shirts with no sponsor and no indication from the club that we have one/will have one is a bad sign. That isn't the case.

Calm yerself.