New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

Fixed that for yeh :thumbup:

I have never bought anything advertised on a football shirt.

Advertisements only work for idiots wi more money than sense.

it must be a big effort to remember every brand that sponsors a team and go out your way to avoid them. well done.

as other people have said of course it works or companies wouldn't be spending billions on it every year worldwide. some people obviously haven't watched mad men.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's utter nonsense, in Footballing Sponsorship it's the MOST effective.

I've been involved in the past in organising sponsorship of football clubs, from the sponsors side, and while naming a stadum can be equally effective although for shorter period because the name becomes part of the culture and just trips off the tongue, people dont think of the airline when you mention the Emirates, they think of Arsenal, the ground is too closely associated with the club.

It's the same with the SPL it's only TV and Radio announcers that call it the Clydesdale bank premier league.

What you mean is that it's the most important thing for the sponsor's ego. I expect Clydesdale bank are happier having their name announced to a wider viewing and listening public than just a few thousand fans seeing their logo at every game.

That's utter nonsense, in Footballing Sponsorship it's the MOST effective.

Then why have we not got loads of offers better still why have we launched our strip without one?

Really hard times for companies at the moment and I am sure Leann is trying very hard to get the correct deal for the club, cant be easy.

What you mean is that it's the most important thing for the sponsor's ego. I expect Clydesdale bank are happier having their name announced to a wider viewing and listening public than just a few thousand fans seeing their logo at every game.

It's actually the most effective according to research we got some years ago. If I was asked from a financial point of view, and I generally am, which would be best sponsoring a trophy, a league, or a club ? My answer 99 times out of 100 would be a club.

While the TV and Radio announcers must call it the Clydesdale Bank Premier, when was the last time you heard any fans call it that? Did you hear anyone call it the Homecoming Scottish Cup last season other than ironically?

It's the League and Cup to the fans, no matter how you dress them up.

The Football Association realise that and dont give the sponsor's name to their trophy, it's normally "The FA Cup sponsored by....."

Trust me it's the shirts that matter, and so successful are they that most shops, banks, etc now have instantly recognisable uniforms for their staff.

I saw a woman in a Sainsbury's uniform shopping in Tesco's last week, how many of the people who saw her will pop into Sainsbury's this week to see how bad it is that their staff need to shop elsewhere?

It happens.

Then why have we not got loads of offers better still why have we launched our strip without one?

Really hard times for companies at the moment and I am sure Leann is trying very hard to get the correct deal for the club, cant be easy.

That's the question I keep asking, why release the strips without a sponsor?

Here's another one, how many other clubs in the SPL and the SFL have failed to line up a new, or existing, sponsor for this season?

I know full well, from experience, how hard it is, and how hard these guys work to get and maintain a decent sponsor.

I hear noises coming from Fir Park about a lack of money, and I've even heard some people say the shirts were released without a sponsor because the club needed a cash injection from somewhere.

I dont believe that to be the case, in fact I hope it isn't, but with the club allowing things to stew for so long without comment, or even attempting to allay some of our fears, I think there is a room for doubt.

I see Brechin City have Joined Barcelona and given away their shirt advertising for free to Cancer Research UK.

Second Division outfit Brechin City have joined Barcelona in their own elite club. The Angus outfit have become the first senior Scottish club to carry the name of a charity – Cancer Research UK – on their jerseys.

Pep Guardiola's Barcelona already have UNICEF across the front of their famous shirt, and now Brechin – who will launch their new look strip tonight in a friendly against Aberdeen – will follow in their La Liga counterparts, by having a charity logo emblazoned over their kit.

And it is the ultimate tribute to the late Chairman and former FIFA Vice President David Will who lost his battle with Cancer last year.

Glebe Park chairman Ken Ferguson said, "It's nice to be talked about in the same breath as a footballing giant like Barcelona! Seriously though we're doing it for a very good cause because David Will contributed so much to this club over the years. We're hoping for a really big turnout for the Aberdeen match. It's the start of another new season and everyone is excited at the prospect."

Some things are above money and riches, and in Scottish Football when money from football revenue is thin on the ground, it takes a Second Division side to show up their rich cousins in the SPL. We would like to congratulate Brechin City for their stance and forgoing the money from kit sponsorship to promote a worthwhile charity that tries to eradicate one of the world's deadliest diseases, and it is a great tribute to their former Chairman David Will.

It's actually the most effective according to research we got some years ago. If I was asked from a financial point of view, and I generally am, which would be best sponsoring a trophy, a league, or a club ? My answer 99 times out of 100 would be a club.

This maybe correct but in terms of advertising in football but what i am saying is it the best way of advertising for your company? You have TV and newspaper advertising costa at an all time low so you may choose that line of advertising rather than football.

This maybe correct but in terms of advertising in football but what i am saying is it the best way of advertising for your company? You have TV and newspaper advertising costa at an all time low so you may choose that line of advertising rather than football.

Cheap as it might be, newspaper advertising is still ephemeral, it's there one day and the next it's wrapping your chips. TV advertising still requires a lot of airtime and is not as cheap as it's you might think.

Advertising is all about placement and if you can get a couple of people advertising your product in the high street, where the shoppers are, you've cracked it. Nobody sitting at Old Trafford watching United a few years back was thinking of buying a video recorder, but a few weeks later strolling through the Arndale and seeing a few shirts with Sharp Viewcam on them, they might have been. That's when the advertising works. Not at the game, not in the telly, but in the street. Sharp had their best sales figures ever when they were backing Man Utd and the only reason they are still not their is because United realised their worth and kept upping the ante.

I see Man Utd shirts with Sharp on them regularly, and I often wear my Motorola Motherwell shirt. You buy two years advertising on a football shirt and you will get around another two free, not everyone buys a new shirt every year, and not everyone throws away the old one when they do.

There's more to shirt advertising than you think.

That's the question I keep asking, why release the strips without a sponsor?

Here's another one, how many other clubs in the SPL and the SFL have failed to line up a new, or existing, sponsor for this season?

I know full well, from experience, how hard it is, and how hard these guys work to get and maintain a decent sponsor.

I hear noises coming from Fir Park about a lack of money, and I've even heard some people say the shirts were released without a sponsor because the club needed a cash injection from somewhere.

I dont believe that to be the case, in fact I hope it isn't, but with the club allowing things to stew for so long without comment, or even attempting to allay some of our fears, I think there is a room for doubt.

Aye I'm sure it does, but if it's a done deal why no announcement and why cant you actually tell us who it is rather than using witless clues.

Done deal my arse!

Room for doubt? Try these for size...

Nappies.jpg

If you know full well 'from experience' how hard it is attract a decent sponsor, you would, given the type of funding authority most understand the club to be dealing with, understand why the board haven't given the shirt space on trust, no? I'd applaud them for that.

understand why the board haven't given the shirt space on trust, no? I'd applaud them for that.

When it comes to large sums of money of course you can’t deal just on trust. Although the fact still remain for whatever reason this ‘done deal’ appears to have stalled. I have no doubt it will eventually happen, Leeann has come on this very board and assured us of that. I think the frustration for many people is that Craig Brown is moaning about lack of funds. If this deal was as done, as some have said, Craig and TheLip69 might be a little more content.

When it comes to large sums of money of course you can’t deal just on trust. Although the fact still remain for whatever reason this ‘done deal’ appears to have stalled. I have no doubt it will eventually happen, Leeann has come on this very board and assured us of that. I think the frustration for many people is that Craig Brown is moaning about lack of funds. If this deal was as done, as some have said, Craig and TheLip69 might be a little more content.

The last time Leeanne came on this board she said she expected it would be announced the week of the 19th.

We all know it wasn't and we've had no explanation as to why.

Given that the one thing which had improved remarkably since Leeanns arrival was communication, I can't understand the club's silence on this issue. I mean we know the site is generally monitored by the club but even 'Flow has disappeared from this particular thread, is it beyond them to come on and offer some sort of explanation. They're quick enough with the good news aren't they?

If you know full well 'from experience' how hard it is attract a decent sponsor, you would, given the type of funding authority most understand the club to be dealing with, understand why the board haven't given the shirt space on trust, no? I'd applaud them for that.

As I have no idea who the club are supposedly dealing with I can't answer your question.

No, go back and look. She said hoped - as Well fans we ought know that hope and expecation are two totally different things and rarely do the twain ever meet! :D

I did what she actually said was;

"I will be able to tell you all soon enough - most likely the week of the 19th July"

Hmmm, is that better or worse than "hope" or "expecting" thank God we are 2-0 up or I'd be really down.

I did what she actually said was;

"I will be able to tell you all soon enough - most likely the week of the 19th July"

Hmmm, is that better or worse than "hope" or "expecting" thank God we are 2-0 up or I'd be really down.

You must have some life, if coming on here and greeting about lack of info on a sponsor is all you've got to moan about.