New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowledge or guess, Bop? Not asking you to name sponsor just clarify.

"Knowledge" If you could call it that. The new sponsor has been named (although I think it was actually tongue in cheek) elsewhere on the board within the last week or so.

All joking aside didn't JAXX give us £200,000 over the two years giving us our (apparently) biggest ever sponsorship deal? I'm wondering what kind of "local financial institution" could match that or afford to sponsor us.

I think we will be incredibly lucky to match that deal this time around.

Sponsorship money is increasingly hard to come by in these austere times. The Old firm are lucky that Tennants want to sponsor Football - mainly due I believe to the Irish/Celtic connection - Tennants now owned by same firm that sell Magners Cider.

The fact we are back in Europe may help add a wee premium, certainly gives us a slightly better bargaining stance.

I wouldn't object at all if it proved to be the Airdrie Savings Bank who turned out to be the new sponsors though I'll admit if given a preference I would rather they went with their ASB logo on the shirt rather than their full title.

There's a sort of mixture of devilment and a bit of disbelief that such an iconic Airdrie institution would overlook them at a time when they are once again right in the financial shit to agree a deal with Motherwell.

I suppose though considering Motherwell like to market themselves as Lanarkshire's Premier Club ASB, with its branches across the county may well share a similar outlook.

Oh and underboyleheating your new Motherwell strip graphic has hit the Airdrie forum The Stomp and is under discussion! :)

Oh and underboyleheating your new Motherwell strip graphic has hit the Airdrie forum The Stomp and is under discussion! :)

Brilliant. :D

Funny how the ASB logo looks a bit like ASBO when you add the elipse round it.

Edit:

And a wee slogan to start the rebranding of Motherwell F.C from hoop to diamond...

Motherwell, a diamond in the North Lanarkshire rough

Brilliant. :D

Funny how the ASB logo looks a bit like ASBO when you add the elipse round it.

Edit:

And a wee slogan to start the rebranding of Motherwell F.C from hoop to diamond...

Motherwell, a diamond in the North Lanarkshire rough

yer a wee devil :D

"Knowledge" If you could call it that. The new sponsor has been named (although I think it was actually tongue in cheek) elsewhere on the board within the last week or so.

Would be very, very, very annoyed if the word 'Airdrie' ended up on the front of a Motherwell shirt. ASB I could handle but not the full lot.....which lets be honest it would HAVE to be.

Hopefully just a (good) wind up.

Would be very, very, very annoyed if the word 'Airdrie' ended up on the front of a Motherwell shirt. ASB I could handle but not the full lot.....which lets be honest it would HAVE to be.

Hopefully just a (good) wind up.

If it is Airdrie Savings Bank I doubt they would just let us put ASB on the shirts, no one would know what the fuck it stood for. The worst thing they could do with the strips would be to have the full name with a stupid oval with 'ASB' on it as well, like the thing St Johnstone had on their kit this year and that looked terrible.

i noticed on saturday that Ross County has adidas shirts.

How can they afford that but we're mucking about with bukta, cantabury etc...

This has been covered. A lot.

They pay for adidas off the shelf ones. Like sunday league teams pay for their nike etc off the shelf stuff.

i noticed on saturday that Ross County has adidas shirts.

How can they afford that but we're mucking about with bukta, cantabury etc...

Off the peg with transfer sponsor and stitched in badge. There are countless other teams with the exact same strip.

I'm not sure Adidas do Claret and Amber.

I don't doubt that people genuinely know who the sponsor is. One or two of these people will probably we trying not to give the game away as they heard it from someone in the club. If you AREN'T in that position......well you should just 'fess up ;)

Don't have any insider info to share unlike many others on here.

What I would say but is if the £84m winner of EuroMillions wants to earn a pal or two in Motherwell he should donate some lolly to MFC to match the best offer of any potential sponsor and give us a jersey without a sponsor. I used to love the Barca strip without sponsors and the Baggies strip looked mint without one as well.

The club simply can't afford not to have one but so thats a wee pipe dream on my part.