New Shirt Sponsor

'WellGall

I'm all for open and direct communication between the board and the fans, but, in her position, she should know better than to open her mouth and spout the kind of nonsense she did before the deal was finalised.

It was totally unprofessional.

My old job used to bring me into contact with many large financial institutions who broker deals. It's not exactly unusual for announced deals to fall through at the last minute, and certainly not regarded as unprofessional. The Wall Street Journal is full of prospective deals, mergers and acquisitions every day; many of which never come to fruition.

The club obviously thought they had a deal in place. It fell through so they went out and secured another one prior to the SPL kick-off. That sounds like good business to me and the sort of professionalism I would expect from a commercial department.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would like to hear an explanation.

Leeanne was quick enough to come on here talking about a partnership with a company that would be inspirational and the envy of other clubs supporters. With the greatest of respect to Commsworld, they hardly fit the picture painted by Ms Dempster.

I'm all for open and direct communication between the board and the fans, but, in her position, she should know better than to open her mouth and spout the kind of nonsense she did before the deal was finalised.

I hope you are at the fucking windup. You come across as an intelligent person but you don't half love to moan and generally be a fucking wanker. Leeann comes on trying to connect with the fans and possibly makes a mistake by jumping the gun and hinting at an excellent sponsorship deal which by the sounds of it fell though which, if you were an enormous dickhead like yourself, you would make a huge issue about it.

Leeanne was quick enough to come on here talking about a partnership with a company that would be inspirational and the envy of other clubs supporters. With the greatest of respect to Commsworld, they hardly fit the picture painted by Ms Dempster.

Goes against the grain agreeing with you on these board but you are bang on the money.

It's business, deals fall through all the time. I would give credit to Leeanne for coming out and giving us some info, if it wasnt for the amount of moaning folk were doing on here then I dont think she would have felt the need to come out and update us before the proposed deal was finalized. We have a sponsor now that I personally think looks quite good on the strips and £100k to invest in the squad so stop moaning and be thankful to Ms Dempster for actually managing to secure some precious advertising revenue when at one point it looked like we would be going through the season minus a shirt sponsor and the associated funds.

Utter pish. She doesn't have to explain anything.

Probably the only reason she hinted towards the deal that fell through was because, like me, she was probably sick of the sad acts like you wetting themselves over the fact that because they hadn't heard anything about any deal then there must not have been anything happening. She also must have been pretty certain it was all but a done deal, which I think quite a few on here understood to be the case as well, unfortunately there was a last minute hitch. Not exactly the first, or last, time that has happened, whether it be a sponsorship deal, a player signing or anything else.

If she hadn't come on to mention about the deal then you would have been throttling her about the usual lack of communiction issue from the club, so she tries to give everyone as much info as she could at the time to save you from assuming the foetal position and rocking back and forth for weeks until something was finally signed, sealed and became public knowledge.

It's not hard to figure out that the 'unique and insirational' deal (or whatever she called it) was alluding to the failed Sport Relief/Chooselife deal. But no doubt if that had gone through you would have been up in arms about the fact the club had taken money from a charity to have their name on our shirt rather than letting them use the money for something 'more appropriate'.

Get a fucking grip.

I think it highlights the dangers yet again of premature ejaculation.

No matter how much all of us degenerates on here moan about stuff - the club need remember we're just a bunch of fanatical loonies mouthing off, and they should keep quiet - no matter how frustrating that is for all parties until the ink has been blown dry.

it's obvious that the deal that was in place fell through and an alternative - and very lucrative alternative given the circumstances was secured in time for the new season. Well done to all involved in doing that.

I don't think we really need an explanation or an apology or anything like that.

Just need to learn the lesson - although we're desperate for info. Sometimes is best not letting anything out the bag.

My old job used to bring me into contact with many large financial institutions who broker deals. It's not exactly unusual for announced deals to fall through at the last minute, and certainly not regarded as unprofessional. The Wall Street Journal is full of prospective deals, mergers and acquisitions every day; many of which never come to fruition.

The club obviously thought they had a deal in place. It fell through so they went out and secured another one prior to the SPL kick-off. That sounds like good business to me and the sort of professionalism I would expect from a commercial department.

My current job involves brokering deals with many large financial institutions. I know how the game works.

Utter pish. She doesn't have to explain anything.

Probably the only reason she hinted towards the deal that fell through was because, like me, she was probably sick of the sad acts like you wetting themselves over the fact that because they hadn't heard anything about any deal then there must not have been anything happening. She also must have been pretty certain it was all but a done deal, which I think quite a few on here understood to be the case as well, unfortunately there was a last minute hitch. Not exactly the first, or last, time that has happened, whether it be a sponsorship deal, a player signing or anything else.

If she hadn't come on to mention about the deal then you would have been throttling her about the usual lack of communiction issue from the club, so she tries to give everyone as much info as she could at the time to save you from assuming the foetal position and rocking back and forth for weeks until something was finally signed, sealed and became public knowledge.

It's not hard to figure out that the 'unique and insirational' deal (or whatever she called it) was alluding to the failed Sport Relief/Chooselife deal. But no doubt if that had gone through you would have been up in arms about the fact the club had taken money from a charity to have their name on our shirt rather than letting them use the money for something 'more appropriate'.

Get a fucking grip.

You are correct she didn't have to explain anything and more importantly shouldn't have.

The rest of your post is nonsense.