Playing Squad Next Season

El Grew

Coke, Jennings, Hateley yet to commit (officially at least) as well.

Pretty sure Jenno is signed up.

Coke has had a good end to the season to be fair to him so he could do a job. We all like Hately too but wouldn't be too fussed if he chased the £££s elsewhere.

Assuming that Reynolds leaves, the loans don't re-sign and Coke and Hately don't sign either that leaves us with the following plus youngsters that are still to be really tried:

GK

Fraser

Defence

Craigan

Hammell

Saunders

Hutchinson

Page

Midfield

Lasley

Jennings

Humphrey

Forbes

Strikers

Sutton

Murphy

McHugh

What do we need?

Priority for me:

1. GK - Preferrably identical to Ruddy without the tendancy to fuck up once every 10 games.

2. Centre Half. A big fuck off one anaw.

3. Creative Forward/winger - to replace JOB. This is a MUST.

4. Striker to replace the Duke.

5. Right Back - I don't think Saunders is the answer.

Any more and I might be getting greedy but another Centre Half to keep Craigan on his toes would be nice although hopefully Hutch/Page can do that. If Coke AND Hatley fail to re-sign then Midfield cover might be needed too.

would love Coke,Jennings + Hateley to still be here, Lukas + Ruddy as well but I think there are 2 things that are gonna have an enormous bearing on how our squad looks next year, the Utd game next week + how much we get for Reynolds! If Ross County win the cup + we do our usual and accept £4.50 and a couple ginger bottles for Reynolds I worry were looking at a bottom 3/4 scrap. We make europe and get a decent fee for Reynolds and we could look to challenge 4th, a good/bad combo of the 2 and itll be anyones guess. got a good young base and good youth guys moving up so Id say its important to get a solid,experienced spine for the team,gonna be interesting

What do we need?

Priority for me:

1. GK - Preferrably identical to Ruddy without the tendancy to fuck up once every 10 games.

I would agree with that. I fear we will lose Hateley and Coke aswell to be honest and I'll be quite disappointed if we do.

I have a funny feeling that we're going to get something sorted for Jutkiewicz and have him for another year. No substance to back that up mind, just a hunch. I think Jennings will sign a new deal.

I think we'll definitely lose Ruddy, Reynolds and Coke. Hateley is, IMO an unknown at this point. I get a sneaking suspicion that he may actually end up staying. I think Saunders and Hutchinson will be used to cover Reynolds' departure between them.

So, we'll need a right back, a goalie, perhaps some midfield cover and definitely a "runner" to replace Jim O'Brien.

In Craig Browns post-match interview he's said there will be a lot of work to be done in the summer. He mentioned that we're losing 3 players (Obrien and the 2 Everton boys) and that we may lose a few more as there are a few more who haven't yet committed to new deals. Didn't sound too promising.

Really hope we can keep a hold of Jennings and Coke, makings of a fine midfield.

Resigned to losing the Everton duo and I've kinda went off Hateley in recent times so don't mind if he moves on.

Hopefully a fair proportion of the Reynolds money can be reinvested in the squad as we need to replace the quality we are losing to the spine of our team. Other than that, I look forward to a couple of the Under 19s msking an impact next season alongside Saunders, Hutchison & Forbes.

Is Craig Brown definately signed up for next season? Heard the Sky commentator saying he was out of contract.

What do we need?

Priority for me:

Any more and I might be getting greedy but another Centre Half to keep Craigan on his toes would be nice although hopefully Hutch/Page can do that. If Coke AND Hatley fail to re-sign then Midfield cover might be needed too.

Saunders has been poor last three games but he has had a stop start season, so clean slate for the lad next season from me.

Can't really argue with who we need to bring in.

Can we get Jim Gannon back till the start of the season to sign us up a few more gems?

were gonna be woefully short of players again this summer with ruddy,duke,obrien,reynolds definately going.jennings couldny have resigned yet although some of the papers reported he had and its gone pretty quiet on hateley and coke staying even hateley is in the papers the day saying hes no sure wits happening

I'd agree with most of the above. Replacing O'Brien is a must, the way he created our first goal today was superb, although Humphrey maybe a pacier player, O'Brien uses what pace he does have better. Hateley has played horribly the past two games, but has otherwise been superb so I'd love to keep him. Out of all the players we can realistically keep, Jennings is the one I'd like most. I also think he should be given vice-captaincy should Reynolds leave. As for Coke his form his very erratic, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left, but if he could consistently play to the top of his game he would definitely be great to have around. As for centre-half, I think if fit Hutchinson can play a major role next season!

It was reported somewhere that Jennings had signed a 1 year extension. I think it may have been in the evening times? That would be braw.

Coke kind of went off form mid season - but the odd mishap apart has been fairly decent and would like him to stay. That said I get the feeling he will get better offers down south and will probably be offski.

Ask me 2 months ago and I would have loved to have kept hately, but he of all has been fiarly poor of late and would not be overly upset if he left.

I suspect we will be looking to replace 6-7 players and the success or otherwise will be pivotal to our season next year. Wahtever you say about Gannon he did us a turn with Coke, Ruddy, Lukas and Jennings.

I suspect Paw Broon will be hoping to use his contacts to bring a few better players (than we could either afford or attract) on loan. Hopefully clubs will look at Ruddy and Lukas and realise if they want to offload their surplus players give them better exposure at Motherwell.

Hopefully Michael McWorldCupLinchey will be long gone. The term useless ginger fucker have never suited anyone better than that stub nosed fucker.

Cheers

Jamie Murphy

Disappointed that one of our youngsters didn't get some valuable experience in games cos of this guys (McHugh, G. Smith etc). Waste of a signing really and that's a bit of a shame. Still, he was the only poor signing all season. The other guys all stepped in and did a job.

McGlinchey didn't do anything wrong today. The guy barely played 90 minutes all in for us.

Think Humphrey showed when he came on that he has improved again. The cross from deep for Murphy was top notch. With more starts, which he'll get next year, he can go on to be a great player. Had a better start than O'brien did.

A left winger is really what we need, I love Sutton playing there but we need that kind of diversity. Meechan will probably get a good chance in the middle during pre-season, unless he goes out on loan, and could become a first team player. Same goes for Page/Hutchinson although I think Hutchinson will fill in for Reynolds.

I'm not sure what kind of players will come in but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown brought some loans in. If he goes to Everton looking... Jose Baxter please.