Playing Squad Next Season

El Grew

Craig Brown on the official website.

“We have said ‘thank you and goodbye’ to Ruddy, Jutkiewicz, O’Brien and McGlinchey – but we still have a good squad of players like Craigan, Saunders, Hammell and Jennings in midfield as well as talents like Sutton and Murphy and we can be confident if we can get some more players in”

I don't get the strength of feeling against McGlinchey. Firstly he barely featured, largely as the guys already here were doing a decent job and I saw the first half yesterday before leaving for work and thought he did ok. A few first time passes went astray but he looked like he knew what he was doing and linked up the play decently a few times. Seemed to do ok when he came on during the week also. As it was good call by the manager to hook him for Murphy as Murphy came on and made a more tangible impact but he'll go back to his club in australia and that'll be that.

As for what I think we need, a decent left sided midfield player is a definate, Sutton did ok yesterday and that's great if he can fill in when required but he is a striker, a half decent one and should be played as such.

Would love to get Jutkiewicz back on loan or a permament deal but it is incredibly unlikely, same with Ruddy who despite being a bit error prone at times was also pretty sensational a large part of the time.

So a left mid, a keeper, centre forward seem pretty much bare minimum. Hard to say which of the younger players can cement a place, certainly if fit think Hutchison can come in and be a quality big centre half. Saunders and Murhpy can certainly compete for a place in their positions.

Think Humphrey needs to be given a run at right mid but no doubt ideally another option there would be good. If we can keep Coke and Jennings then with Lasley hopefully around we should be ok in the middle of the park.

McGlinchey for me never really got much of an opportunity to impress through injury and the first 11 playing so well. Anytime he came on he generally looked out of sync. Ginger tosser etc etc...but fair play, the boys going to the world cup as we w*nk over Jutkiewicz Hibs goal all summer.

What should be priority is a keeper (ideally two), right back, a replacement for O'Brien and an out an out striker. Anything else is a bonus.

One thing that will be interesting is the restructuring of the spl if it happens for 2011/12 that will mean no relegation next year with us losing money last year do you think we might skimp on signings and rely on youngsters a bit more. wouldnt like this to happen but can think a few spl clubs might make cut backs this year especially killie st midden.

5. Right Back - I don't think Saunders is the answer.

Any more and I might be getting greedy but another Centre Half to keep Craigan on his toes

I agree, Sanuders and Craigan are shocking just now, would be delighted if we replaced both

Hopefully Michael McWorldCupLinchey will be long gone. The term useless ginger fucker have never suited anyone better than that stub nosed fucker.

Cheers

Jamie Murphy

Bit harsh don't you think.

From my memory of the hibs game he very nearly scored right at the end after coming on.

Plus, he hasn't exactly played many games. he wasn't signed to be a star performer, he was signed to keep fit for the world Cup!

Bit harsh don't you think.

From my memory of the hibs game he very nearly scored right at the end after coming on.

Plus, he hasn't exactly played many games. he wasn't signed to be a star performer, he was signed to keep fit for the world Cup!

Well said :huh: