Craig Brown's Contract

Aidy Mcd

He's a far shrewder man than many think. And behind the cuddly OAP there's someone who knows how to wheel, deal and get wht he wants.

I'd wager that the quick turnaround when Gannon was despatched was 'slightly different' to what was reported. ;) . Timing, positioning, who made the first call etc etc.

he's done a great job. My main concern though remains our ability as a club to get contracts tied up.

And for 'anyone' who may feel the need to PM me - this is not a dig at the club or the way that they do business. I'm stating a concern that we don't seem to be making headway in a critical area & all factors may not be in our control

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main concern though remains our ability as a club to get contracts tied up.

Mine too. But if can't trust Brown, we might aswell give up on humanity as he appears to be one of the most trustworthy guys you could ever hope to meet.

He admitted himself at the AGM (a whole 10 days before he became boss) that the only time he wanted to see Motherwell get beat was when they were playing Accies.

If he keeps us winning though I couldn't care less.

He had Brian Martin, Rab McKinnnon and Stevie Woods (no really), all in the same squad. I'm sure it was Brown who gave Uncle Phil his only cap. And I think he might, maybe just had Lambert involved at some point, though don't think he played.

I may have made that last one up.

Pretty sure that squad your talking about was for a B international although Brian Martin did play in the Kirin Cup :lol: & also pretty sure Lambert only got picked after he played for Dortmund but not sure about that.

But like i said unless it was a B international Motherwell players were generally avoided like the plague when Broon was picking the squads.

Lambert,Martin and McKinnon all played in the Kirin Cup but the exclusion of Martin from regular squads was a shocking oversight. For a couple of years he was immaculate. Of course, the media focused on Richard Guff's spat with Brown/Roxburgh/SFA/social services.

I wasn't happy when I heard that Brown and Knox were our management team. However, the manner in which the team has played since their arrival and his statement today that " I am a Motherwell man" makes me wonder why I doubted him.

Well said mate.

There are more than a few people who could do with admitting they were wrong about Brown & Knox.

Craig Brown is an honourable man and won't screw us over.

He said he's agreed a deal, it's not written down anywhere but that doesn't matter. A gentlemans agreement is just as good with guys like Brown and Knox.

I agree, BUT what if he feels he is getting screwed over? or the working 'restrictions' become to great to deal with sensibly??

He's a far shrewder man than many think. And behind the cuddly OAP there's someone who knows how to wheel, deal and get wht he wants.

I'd wager that the quick turnaround when Gannon was despatched was 'slightly different' to what was reported. :lol: . Timing, positioning, who made the first call etc etc.

he's done a great job. My main concern though remains our ability as a club to get contracts tied up.

And for 'anyone' who may feel the need to PM me - this is not a dig at the club or the way that they do business. I'm stating a concern that we don't seem to be making headway in a critical area & all factors may not be in our control

I agree with much of that SD, I just hope we 'muddle' throught this summer without major incident

Craigy Broon on Radio Scotland at the moment discussing all things 'Well. Him and Archie Knox still working without a contract and apparently happy to do so. According to him it's a gentlemens agreement which is mutually beneficial i.e. it would be easy for us to get rid of them and easy for them to leave the club also. Still waiting for signatures from Hateley and Coke (I take it we must've offered them contracts). In at Fir Park on Monday to discuss budgets.

Totally.

Seems amateurish in the extreme and doesn't pain us in a very good light.

Has there been any word from the club on the reason why our manager is working without a contract? Apart from CB's constant reassurances that he's happy working without one?

Totally.

Seems amateurish in the extreme and doesn't pain us in a very good light.

Has there been any word from the club on the reason why our manager is working without a contract? Apart from CB's constant reassurances that he's happy working without one?

Exactly +1