Well Done

johnstone

Got to say its been a funny old season, but one that certainly had its ups and downs.

When Gannon arrived we really felt there was going to be a revolution at the club, but alas it turned sour. We have to thank the big man on signing the players who saved us from a relegation scrap and also giving the young players at the club the confidence to play at a higher level. Players like Hateley, Ruddy, Juke and Jennings have been a class above some of the usual SPL dirge.

Our memorable Euro run was a great start to the season and I loved the Flamaturi game and the Steua game was also great when Forbes hit that rocket into the top corner.

It was a great start to the seaosn, but you could tell things were not working on and off the field and I think the 6-1 thrashing at Ibrox was the major turning point in the season. Was actually quite relieved when he got sacked though as it had all gone a bit Malpas-esque and I feel he lost the dressing room and probably the whole club.

Certainly was a bit dubious when Brown and Knox came in, but they did their job and then some. We were staring a relegation dogfight in the face, but Brown instilled confidence in the players and the ability shone through. We always had the quality it was just we needed the right man to bring it out in them.

Its a pity we ended the season not making it into Europe off our own backs, but you have say that 5th after the start we had is a fantastic achievement. Consider that Dundee Utd and Hibs have been up the top of the league all season, but we were able to catch them and were a whisker away from making it a race for third place.

I think the long season took its toll at the end there, but we did have the pleasure of watching the best SPL game in its history.

Lets hope Dundee Utd do it on Saturday and we can enjoy a wee jaunt to Europe.

Also special mention to Jennings and Sutton - our two best players in the second half of the season. I think Jennings could go on to big things.

One other thing. The pitch. Get it fucking sorted Motherwell!

great post. great season and one i've thoroughly enjoyed (almost) every minute of. Managed to get to almost every game this season and hopefully the result will go our way next saturday and give us a a pop at the europa league. I love this club :lol:

Agreed, great post and great season all things considered.

Might I add that we've two strikers out of 11 who got double-figures in the SPL this season?

So, I would add The Juke to Sutton & Jennings. Otherwise an excellent summary.

Plus, we've seen the largest scoring games in both the Europa League and SPL.

Finally, we got three SPL Manager of the Month awards. We've only ever had one in a season before- Davies/Butcher/Butcher/Butcher/Malpas/McGhee/McGhee and none in a few seasons.

As we've seen this week, we're either excellent or gash. That's Motherwell. :lol:

SD

It's been an interesting season for sure and pretty succesful one also. If we get into europe you can remove the qualification and we'll say it been bloody superb.

Hopefully Brown can build on it though, always a mega difficult task for a club at out level. But keep the core of the team, a few canny acquisitions and a bit more of the same next season without the horrendous patch in the middle. :nod:

Might I add that we've two strikers out of 11 who got double-figures in the SPL this season?

How many does Murphy have for the season? All three of our strikers have gone through spells of chipping in their share. And Murphy has not scored a few winners? I'm not his biggest fan, and I still don't know if he's ready to be a nailed on starter but he's made a fair contribution this season...

Sutton, Juke and Murphy all on doubles figures, with Forbes on 9.

Last time we managed that was Hamilton, Foran and McDonald all in double figures.

Did Clarky, Porter and McCormack not do that a couple of years ago?

Total goals, yeah. League goals, no. I think Rossco got 8 league goals and a few in the cups.

Im actually not sure what the breakdown is for this season in terms of goals scored in each competition. Im assuming Murphy's tally includes his Euro goals...if so then we didn't have 3 in double figures in the league this year or McGhee's first year, yet managed it under Terry!

Agreed, great post and great season all things considered.

So, I would add The Juke to Sutton & Jennings. Otherwise an excellent summary.

Plus, we've seen the largest scoring games in both the Europa League and SPL.

Finally, we got three SPL Manager of the Month awards. We've only ever had one in a season before- Davies/Butcher/Butcher/Butcher/Malpas/McGhee/McGhee and none in a few seasons.

As we've seen this week, we're either excellent or gash. That's Motherwell. :lol:

SD

Good point.

All I can say is from mid June when we had not even the bare bones of a team,to the side that fought hibs and clawed back the four goal deficit and clawed the Ibrox game back to a credible draw, I am very,very,proud to say that I am a 'Well fan and extremely proud of the men and boys who all played their parts . Well done lads. :D:D:D:D:lol:

proud to say i,m a motherwell fan. thank you craig, archie & all involved with mfc not forgetting john boyle :D what a season what a team frustrates & pleases all the time, fingers x for a dundee win on sat & that,s the season complete. MON THE WELL

thank you craig, archie & all involved with mfc not forgetting john boyle  :D

For me, we should also include Jim Gannon. He may have been a bawbag with his 'soft skills'; however, in my opinion, he certainly had an eye for a quality player at our level. Unlike that complete bawbag; McGhee.

SD