The Silly Season

ankles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always acquire a sudden interest in Formula 1 -- qualifying live on BBC on Saturdays, racing live on BBC on Sundays, all through the summer. (But admittedly not every weekend.)

Personally, I have loads of old stuff on the Sky+ and about 6 million DVDs still in their shrinkwrap that all need watching...

Ah need a rest, look differently at my summer time these days. Hopefully Utd finish our season on a high for us then ignore the kid-on fitba' until the Europa League draw.

Not often I agree with fatcalf, but I'm exactly the same. World Cup is a load of pish I can't bring myself to get excited about.

Ah need a rest, look differently at my summer time these days. Hopefully Utd finish our season on a high for us then ignore the kid-on fitba' until the Europa League draw.

I sort of agree. I don't mind the World Cup and will be watching as much as I can get away with but once the season's done and dusted I don't mind the wee break at all.

Mixed emotions for me. I genuinely dislike this time of year due to the season being over. I even dislike International weekends as it usually means two weeks without a game. However, the only games I have not been at in the last two seasons have been Flamurtari and Bucharest away so it will be nice in a way not to get up at 6am Mon to Fri then (very)early on a Saturday in order to go to Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee etc.

In saying that I really hope our first competitive game is the 15th July.

Gardening for me probably <_ weeds are back with a vengeance.>

Saving money for a holiday to Ibiza in june. There for the full group stages of the world cup! Magic! :D

Hate to be th eone to break this to you but the World Cup's in South Africa this year, even I know that. ^_^

I know, coat, taxi, laters. :rolleyes:

Saving money for a holiday to Ibiza in june. There for the full group stages of the world cup! Magic! ^_^

Aye, great... can't think of anything better than watching football in the company of thousands of sweaty English lager louts and sunbed-snatching Germans in tight Speedos :rolleyes:

I'll be doing Munros at the weekend in an ultimately pointless quest to lose weight.

Of course the first thing you do when you get off the hill is head to the local pub have a slap up meal and then down a two or three pints of Guinness thereby replacing every calorie you just burned off.

Could be worse here in Oz when the fitba season finishes the cricket seasons starts FFS every match of this piece of pish boring rancid poofy fucking 'sport' is shown on the major tv channels. B-):P Id rather buy an Airdrie season ticket than watch cricket...........well maybe no

Could be worse here in Oz when the fitba season finishes the cricket seasons starts FFS every match of this piece of pish boring rancid poofy fucking 'sport' is shown on the major tv channels. :lol::mad: Id rather buy an Airdrie season ticket than watch cricket...........well maybe no

I'll be playing that pish boring rancid poofy 'sport' for Edinburgh South CC every Saturday till August <_>

Trust you chaps had a lovely high tea with jam & cream on your scones.

I say Giles there's another seagull landed on the pitch that makes it 23 to me and only 21 to you.

Can't wait to the morris dancers start appearing on here claiming it's a great past time. :rolleyes: