Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

a 3 month loan deal is a non-starter.

I thought the same, however - the fact we have clinched Europe - perhaps Everton are willing for Lukas/Ruddy to show off what they can do on the off-chance we draw a big name - i.e Juventus/Liverpool/Stuttgart/Getafe and either play a blinder and would attract far greater interest than one or two lower league scouts at an Everton Reserves vs Dagenham match for example.

Afterall, we did see Ruddy's qualities in his debut against Steaua - and Moyes would be hoping a similar display could see them pocket a few extra quid.

The 3 month loan (if at all true) would still allow enough time for Everton to recall before the end of the transfer window, for a possible sale.

All if's and but's - but its certainly not as ridiculous as it first seems.

However, Reynolds or no-Reynolds, there is no way I can see us paying anywhere near £500k in total for these two players. There is a very remote chance I feel that we could have stumped up say £200k for ONE of them (most likely Lukas), but with the pitch repairs - I just think £500k is far too much of a gamble from Boyle - and he wouldnt be willing. Far greater risk than when we signed Porter, which was inflated wages + signing on bonus. This is a massive transfer fee on top of this. Pretty much our biggest ever transfer when combined really. Unlikely to say the least.

First - Forest, can't see anything happening their, its well documented that Davies felt hard done to by Boyle and will spill all when he ends his career.

2nd - OK, £500k for the pair, but then you still have to sort out the elephant in the room that's their wage drop to keep things in line with the rest of the squad. Only thing to get round that is a fat signing bonus. I didn't really have Craigie as the sort of guy to discuss things like that so openly.

3rd - I would suggest that when the budgeting for 2009/10 was done last summer, with the lack of manager, squad depleted and pitch repairs and expected final league position the figure would have not made pretty reading, however where we are now is well above this amount even if you take the Celtic FP game post split into account.

I reckon this is because an 8th of 9th place position was probably used as the datum and therefore bottom 6 and approximate revenues used as a result. It would probably been revised at the mid point when we were sitting top 6 and 3rd/4th a possibility to include an extra OF home game and increased TV money from our higher profile and prize money from our league position.

OK, so we ended up £150-200k down from losing Celtic and the rescheduled for TV Hibs and Dundee Utd fixtures. But we gained in a little extra Sky money and I reckon £300k extra in SPL prize money than we expected (based on 4 places higher).

So we are down possibly on the mid season prediction but up quite a bit on last summers forecast.

I was wondering whether Boyle might consider the two as an investment in the same way as the Porter and Hughes deals. Goan big man.

i was thinking that most or if not everybody on here want ruddy and the juke to stay. So if everton are wanting £500,000 for the two of them why dont we start some kind of fund raiser. I was doing some sums and if we can get 3000 fans to donate £170 then that would give us £510,000 so that would buy them i would go for it what do other well fans think.

i was thinking that most or if not everybody on here want ruddy and the juke to stay. So if everton are wanting £500,000 for the two of them why dont we start some kind of fund raiser. I was doing some sums and if we can get 3000 fans to donate £170 then that would give us £510,000 so that would buy them i would go for it what do other well fans think.

:lol:;):lol:

See if I give you the money what part of Ruddy do I own?

Also see if I need a goalkeeper for fives - can I hire him for the hour for free?

In fact it might be worth putting out a terms and conditions so that we at least know what we can do with the half a million we all raise.

:lol:;)

You're setting your sights too low Aidy. If we can round up 500,000 Well fans, then we only need to chip in £1 each. Nae fuckin bother!

I think as been discussed/proposed earlier:

Lukas - single guy, no ties, starting out, strong friendship with Jennings, finished season on a high.

Ruddy - Wife/Child in Cambridge, wants 1st team football, ideally commutable from home.

There are different issues for bringing them both. It was suggested that for it to work financially would need a healthy sell on clause to Everton and a sizeable signing bonus to offset wage structure.

Has anyone ever heard of a player negotiating or receiving a sell on clause in addition to their previous club? That way they have an extra incentive to up their game during their spell with you.

i.e. Everton 20%, Lukas 10%, sells for £1m

£200k to Everton

£100k into Lukas' hippy

£700k to Well (offset salary and initial fee, £300k up)

Simeon Masaba, one of the key football players of Sports Club Villa and Uganda Cranes’ Captain has vowed to make it to the paid ranks when he travels to Motherwell FC Scotland for trials.

Masaba who is on the Cranes team that is preparing for CHAN has told sports journalists today in Kampala that he will join Motherwell during the team’s pre-season training, where he will have to prove that he can fit in that Scotland team.

Masaba rules out reports that he has refused to turn out for SC Villa because of his intended departure for greener pastures. He says that he had a thigh injury that had ruled him out.

Masaba adds that he is just waiting for his VISA to Scotland and that the Cranes trainings are a boast to fitness before he travels.

Masaba hopes to join fellow Cranes striker, David Obua in the Scottish league and other fellow Ugandan Internationals in the paid ranks like Ibrahim Sekagya among others.

I still think we have ZERO chance of getting either player next season under any kind of deal. Every Championship club will be well aware of the pair of them. Each one will be able to stump up the cash to buy them, pay top notch wages, and offer first team football in a very competitive league.

We had them for a season and it was mutually beneficial for both. Time for us to move on imo and try to get others in (on loan) who can hopefully do as good a job.

I still think we have ZERO chance of getting either player next season under any kind of deal. Every Championship club will be well aware of the pair of them. Each one will be able to stump up the cash to buy them, pay top notch wages, and offer first team football in a very competitive league.

We had them for a season and it was mutually beneficial for both. Time for us to move on imo and try to get others in (on loan) who can hopefully do as good a job.

+1