Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Jamie Murphy is pants!!! He gets shoved off the ball far too easily and simply doesn't cut it it SPL level. If we are expected to rely on him this season we are going to be in the relegation battle....

He's plenty young enough to bulk up a bit more. And who said we're "relying" on him?

Just to pick up on that part of your post el-pidge, something that many forget when pondering about what youth player will be the next windfall is that it isn't always about a transfer fee at the end of it.Not every player who comes through the youth set up is going to be a McFadden.

Some of these guys will go on to be the squad members that you crave and rather than a hefty transfer fee your payback can sometimes be years of sterling service. The equivalent of the Fitzpatrick's, Hammell's, Craigan's and Lasley's of the current squad who between them must have contributed close to 1000 games for MFC.

I think you have a valid point here, Andy, and I think this is why the likes of Fitzpatrick and before him Quiinn, Clarkson and others have suffered at the hands of the fans. Post-McFadden it seemed like any young player who didn't look like a world beater right away was declared "not good enough". I have made the point about Fitzpatrick many times on here that he has all the tools to be a solid SPL midfielder, nothing moe, nothing less. In a few years time, he'll be our left footed Lasley...

Jamie Murphy is pants!!! He gets shoved off the ball far too easily and simply doesn't cut it it SPL level. If we are expected to rely on him this season we are going to be in the relegation battle....

He scored 10 goals last season. Not bad for your full debut season in the SPL?

I just got really tired last season of seeing him getting shoved off the ball far far too easily. He's an ok player, but he needs some Weight Gain 4000 to give him the ability to break through the oppositions defence effectively. And maybe at that point we'll see some really good goals :thumbup:

I said this time last year that we should have looked at Paul Gallacher when he was leaving Dunfermline.

International experience, plenty of SPL experience. I would be more than happy if he was the new No.1

Thoughts on adding Paul Gallagher to post #1 rumoured. Obviously there is no basis other than another SPL club is looking to bring him in.

Yes or No?

If nothing else we benefit that one of the people responsible in acquisitions (Leeann) has a presence on here, so may be in a position to mention some names that the fans bring up in passing.

really happy to hear that Jamie Murphy has signed until 2013, although I don't think he'll be with the club at that point as we will have sold him down south for a nice little sum of money. But before all that I'm sure he'll score a few more goal for Motherwell and Scotland.

I just got really tired last season of seeing him getting shoved off the ball far far too easily. He's an ok player, but he needs some Weight Gain 4000 to give him the ability to break through the oppositions defence effectively. And maybe at that point we'll see some really good goals :D

Aye yon Gary McAllister wis a skinny wee runt when he wis here tae, good job we got rid of him eh? :thumbup:

He's plenty young enough to bulk up a bit more. And who said we're "relying" on him?

I had been critical about young Murphy over the last few seasons. However he has proved me wrong and im glad about that. He has pace and some strike on him. towards the end of the season he and Sutton linked up well.

He will get a good move after next season when he scored 20.

I had been critical about young Murphy over the last few seasons. However he has proved me wrong and im glad about that. He has pace and some strike on him. towards the end of the season he and Sutton linked up well.

He will get a good move after next season when he scored 20.

I would bet you my house that he won't ever score 20 goals for Motherwell in a season.

I would bet you my house that he won't ever score 20 goals for Motherwell in a season.

Who was the last player to do that for us. From memory I think Skippy got about 17 and Porter 18. Not sure about Faddy.

I would say any Motherwell striker who gets into double figures for the season has done very well.

I thirdly agree.

Also was just speaking to Mark McGhee's auntie Janice who comes into the hairdressers where i work.

she told us that Mutley is lookin to sign Marc Fitzpatrick for free from us. offering us a right back who i canny mind the name of as a swap!

ye heard it hear first!

Who was the last player to do that for us. From memory I think Skippy got about 17 and Porter 18. Not sure about Faddy.

I would say any Motherwell striker who gets into double figures for the season has done very well.

Faddy's 19 was the most I've ever seen a 'Well player score since I became a regular back in '86. Back then we were lucky to get a player in double figures never mind 20!

Anyway, I think Murphy came of age this season and if he can improve further over the next couple of years he'll have been a good investment for the club.

I'd also bet your house on it and it no slight on the young lad as as already pointed out not to many players even really good ones manage that with us.

Delighted if he does though, we'll make a fortune from him for one. And if it does happen I'll lend you a couch to sleep on. :unsure:

I totally agree that it would be no slight on him. But to say a young boy who hasn't even proven himself to be SPL standard yet is suddenly going to become Motherwells highest scorer in a season for god knows how long is ridiculous.

I would bet you my house that none of our players will get near 20 this season.He is our best chance of getting goals as Sutton is more of the player to bring the ball down and knock it onto the striker[probaly Murphy].

I thirdly agree.

Also was just speaking to Mark McGhee's auntie Janice who comes into the hairdressers where i work.

she told us that Mutley is lookin to sign Marc Fitzpatrick for free from us. offering us a right back who i canny mind the name of as a swap!

ye heard it hear first!

Aw naw, it wasn't Stuart Duff was it?! Now if it was the guy Foster, he could do us a turn