Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Amazing that the majority here appear to have forgotten that Fizy was essentially the 11th best regular, in Mark McGhee's team. <_>

and would those not be regarded as successful seasons??

what I find amazing is that some still have to knock players, someone had to be the 11th best and even thoough I dont agree it was Fitzpatrick I dont see why you or anyone else feels the need to knock players especially in reference to successful seasons:

when McGhee was in charge, Fitzy took part in:

2007/08 35 matches, 22 starts and 13 substitutes appearances

of those matches we won 16 drew 7 lost 12 team average for season 44 games 21/7/16

2008/09 28 matches, 18 starts and 10 substitute appearances

of those matches we won 11 drew 7 lost 10 team average for season 44 games 14/20/20

There is no factual evidence anywhere to show the team are worse with Fitzpatrick playing .if anything we are stronger,

Sure there are better players out there, but then there are better players than anyone thats played or ever will play for Motherwell.

STOP, THINK :P would a player be better of with support or continual mockery from some sections of our support Fans?

what I find amazing is that some still have to knock players, someone had to be the 11th best and even thoough I dont agree it was Fitzpatrick I dont see why you or anyone else feels the need to knock players especially in reference to successful seasons:

of those matches we won 16 drew 7 lost 12 team average for season 44 games 21/7/16

of those matches we won 11 drew 7 lost 10 team average for season 44 games 14/20/20

There is no factual evidence anywhere to show the team are worse with Fitzpatrick playing .if anything we are stronger,

Sure there are better players out there, but then there are better players than anyone thats played or ever will play for Motherwell.

STOP, THINK :D would a player be better of with support or continual mockery from some sections of our support Fans?

Here, Here! Spot On

This made me laugh when I read it because it reminded me of the time when the senior players said to the gaffer at the team talks in the dressing room that they should play Fizzy because they never lost when he was playing!!

1.1256746289.mummy-i-want-bitty.jpg

it's time to let go

your son's probably been paid more in the last 12 months than 90% of the people on this board and all he's done is play 70 minutes of fitba. his job exists because we're passionate about our team and we use this website to talk about every aspect of it, if that upsets you don't come on.

marc fitzpatrick has made a relative fortune via the contracts mfc have given him. that's money that comes straight from the pockets of posters on here via season tickets, merchandise and license fees and tv subscpritions. posters have every right to question whether he's worth a new contract or not.

your son's probably been paid more in the last 12 months than 90% of the people on this board and all he's done is play 70 minutes of fitba. his job exists because we're passionate about our team and we use this website to talk about every aspect of it, if that upsets you don't come on.

marc fitzpatrick has made a relative fortune via the contracts mfc have given him. that's money that comes straight from the pockets of posters on here via season tickets, merchandise and license fees and tv subscpritions. posters have every right to question whether he's worth a new contract or not.

it's time to let go

B-)

Agreed - time for you to let it go Steelboy.

I was not upset.

Where did i say that posters don't have a right to question whether he gets a contract or not!! It was a lighthearted story from the dressing room that was all. This is why i stopped reading or posting on these boards.

In most employments if you are ill you will be paid, however if it makes you feel better he has been earning his money in other ways at the club by doing charity events etc so he is not being paid just for the 70 mins of football!!!!

Fitz has had an unlucky spell with injuries he deserves a chance to get himself fit even if he had onlyscored against hearts in that cis semi. But he hasnt been a good player for us the last few years yeah isnt ronaldo but he wouldnt still be here if he was trust me other spl clubs would love to produce talent the way this club does and some supporters should relise there not all going to be a mcfadden!

STOP, THINK B-) would a player be better of with support or continual mockery from some sections of our support Fans?

Simple really. I don't rate the guy as a footballer, although he is better than McGarry ever was. We have managed fine without him this season, and to be honest I can't see him getting a regular place in the side anyway when fit. Squad player at best, but as others have pointed out we have youngsters getting promoted who can take the role of squad players.

Nothing personal, I don't pretend to know the guy, I dont have anything against him, I just don't think he can cut the mustard.

I was not upset.

Where did i say that posters don't have a right to question whether he gets a contract or not!! It was a lighthearted story from the dressing room that was all. This is why i stopped reading or posting on these boards.

In most employments if you are ill you will be paid, however if it makes you feel better he has been earning his money in other ways at the club by doing charity events etc so he is not being paid just for the 70 mins of football!!!!

Particularly if you have been injured while at work.

Particularly if you have been injured while at work.

:lol:

I reckon Fizzy if he stays fit will do us a good turn next year, and could quite easily usurp Las from the team.

As roadrunner know's i've not always been a supporter of fizzy but it's undeniable he's been a good player for us fair enough he's never going to be steven gerrard or frank lampard but he has a part to play for us.

I hope he gets and extension and plays for us for a few years he has potential to do a lot better if he can keep away from injury.

Mon

while it would be handy to have someone who can score penalties this isn't a move i'd be keen on. we've got a perfectly good left back and i don't think having a player/coach is a particularly good idea in general.

brown's had a great start to his time here but he's got to prove he can cut it in the transfer market this summer. the attempt to get craig moore was a bad sign and micheal mcglinchey was a total waste of time and money who did the square root of fuck all on the park except take up minutes that could have been given to mchugh or pollock. for me davidson would be another backwards looking move, we should be trying to get guys who's best days are ahead of them.

while it would be handy to have someone who can score penalties this isn't a move i'd be keen on. we've got a perfectly good left back and i don't think having a player/coach is a particularly good idea in general.

brown's had a great start to his time here but he's got to prove he can cut it in the transfer market this summer. the attempt to get craig moore was a bad sign and micheal mcglinchey was a total waste of time and money who did the square root of fuck all on the park except take up minutes that could have been given to mchugh or pollock. for me davidson would be another backwards looking move, we should be trying to get guys who's best days are ahead of them.

Agreed 100%.

On the previous subject, I believe the players are back on July 2nd. Although Europe is a major bonus and I hope we get a good few games out of it, as long as we are ready for the first SPL game that is all that matters to me.