Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Cos id imagine the folk that actually do know stuff as opposed to "having heard" stuff, keep their mooth shut otherwise they dont get told anything else from their source.

Im sure if id heard about Hateley or Charalambous a week ago, or seen the new kits a month ago, i'd quite enjoy that wee chance of an exclusive now and again so wouldn't spoil it by blabbing.

:P

Oh and for LT :P

Based on Leeann's interview and the deals already done this summer I would venture to suggest with hindsight the delay on Hateley resigning was the length of his contract offer, not a mulitude of other reasons as discussed at length on here already.

We've taken a business decision to minimise our talent going elsewhere for a bargain, especially the young talent and common sense has prevailed especially when you see Hibs reaping the rewards.

Maybe that's why we've no news on Coke so far as he's hoping for a short deal and we're only offering a 2-3 year contract. A 1 year deal and a continuation of the form he exhibited at the end of last season would be a springboard to bigger things, I reckon that is what he's thinking. A 2-3 year deal means someone would really want him and be prepared to stump up the readies, which would in turn possibly diminish his wage, unless money is no object of course.

Why only a one year deal for Jennings then?

What I'm finding hard to beleive is that despite all the moles and "I overheard Cragie's massage therapist in Asda talking about ...... " chat, not one person mentioned or even had a sniff of the Hateley 3 year deal or Charalambous.

Funny that, I'm sure I got a text naming the Cypriot and Hateleys three-yr deal about a week ago now :P

Why only a one year deal for Jennings then?

I thought about that when typing it Finlay however I reckon it was maybe his age (granted only 27-28) and Coke being 24. There are no doubt all sorts of factors affecting if someone could/should be offered a offered a long deal over a short one.

I thought about that when typing it Finlay however I reckon it was maybe his age (granted only 27-28) and Coke being 24. There are no doubt all sorts of factors affecting if someone could/should be offered a offered a long deal over a short one.

Would agree that age will be a factor LT. I also think that Coke will have his eye on the Championship and wanting to see what develops there. IIRC Jennings and Hateley weren't linked to any other clubs whereas Coke has been linked to Bristol City and others.

Whilst I would like to keep Coke he would have been number 3 on my 'must stay list' that also contained Jennings and Hateley.

Noticed some chat bout Coke, he's definitely away. Know a lad that lives next to him and he said was off but couldn't say which team yet.

Surprised no bids for Reynolds as yet, he's probably on a lot of teams list of targets but maybe 1 or 2 down the pecking order I was thinking. As deals begin to happen or indeed fail to transpire, that's when I think teams will look to him.

A goalie, a left mid and a striker away from a 'tilt at the title'. Good times at the Fir.

Noticed some chat bout Coke, he's definitely away. Know a lad that lives next to him and he said was off but couldn't say which team yet.

I thought on the coke front we had the option of a second season if he impressed!!

:cheers: We can't really hold him to gunpoint to extend his deal.

Not exactly gunpoint!!! If its in the contract and motherwell want to extend the deal then its fairplay to the club. They have every reason to take up the option. He may have a clause that entitles him to a wage rise which we perhaps are not willing to pay then in that case fair play to coke

:cheers: We can't really hold him to gunpoint to extend his deal.

Why head in hands, it was a good point? The option to extend by a year is surely an option in favour of the club. If not it is just a one year contract end of. I suppose it just shows that contracts are not worth the paper they are written on as players can just do what they like.

A contract should really suggest that the club do have him at gunpoint if they want to keep him.

All this based on assumptions there was some kind of clause in a one year deal that if he "impressed" he had the option for another year? The key word being option. The guys from down south maybe he wants to go home? maybe he's got somewhere better to go? Rather have a player wanting to be here than ne who we're forcing to be here tbh.

Why head in hands, it was a good point? The option to extend by a year is surely an option in favour of the club. If not it is just a one year contract end of. I suppose it just shows that contracts are not worth the paper they are written on as players can just do what they like.

A contract should really suggest that the club do have him at gunpoint if they want to keep him.

I didn't see it as a good point to be honest. There's a lot of factors that need to be taken into account, what I was getting at was it wasn't as simple as the club saying "aye Giles has been no bad, we'll keep him on." If it was that simple this wouldn't be an issue and he'd be signed up for another season.

Here is a Craig Brown quote from the Sun earlier on in the week.

Tom Hateley and Giles Coke have also still to agree new deals and the Fir Park gaffer insists he must be allowed to add to his threadbare squad. He revealed: "I would like another defender, another midfielder and another striker.

"It all depends on whether Tom and Giles sign on and if we get John and Lukas back from Everton.

This indicates he has been offered a deal and is still weighing it up. It doesn't give the impression that the club are holding all the aces.