Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Fair comment Finlay. But we are moaners and worriers by nature. The Europa league is not as important as the SPL, but a run like last year could significantly boost our coffers and give us the finances to go and get a few more loan deals like Lukas and Ruddy. Still have not given up hope of Lukas returning.

We have a decent sized squad and enough I would hope to get us through the 1st Europa tie. But if we could add 1 0r 2 decent size signings then that would give us the fans and perhaps even the players a lift ahead of the games v Breidablik.

The rumours re Randolph are strong, yet I see Brown has been dismissive of them on TV. He is either not wanting to p1ss off Fraser even more before he leaves/if he leaves and/or trying to keep it stchum until it is all done and dusted. Seems to have come onto a game for Charlton end of last season and most of their fans would be upset if he left....always a good sign.

Not panicking yet (honestly), just would like to see a couple of decent signings ahead of the Europa ties.

I haven't seen Brown pressed on the Randolph rumour. Did this happen on STV? Regardless though he is quoted on the official site as saying that we have in our budget enough for a goalkeeper and a striker so if it isn't Randolph it will be someone else.

Might want to play it down as he won't want to alert other SPL teams to his availability or answer 'awkward' questions about Fraser's abilities and his opinion on them.

If the same happens again then we either need to move or get a competent groundsman.

In my opinion, this should be the clubs number 1 target. How much bonus money do we earn for finishing reasonably high in the league? Compare that with shelling out a couple of hundred grand every season to get the pitch fixed, plus all the other embarrasment, potential injuries and players potentially not signing that can all be attributed to our pitch.

Desperation by Brown?? Not a good sign that he has had to go public and probably means we as a club will accept peanuts for Reynolds. Whilst, we may well have promoted youth players into the 1st team squad, it would appear yet again that our squad (as in experienced pro's) is being down sized again, as there is no mention of replacing Coke or O'Brien.

Whilst, we all understand that finances are extremely tight in scotland, the constant down sizing, will only convince many fans not to renew season tickets or pay at the gate. Our attendances are edging downwards.

We could do with a boost going into the Europa games.

Not me mate , :lol:

We are downsizing like every other club but we have offered contracts to 2 SPL players and Coke. So I would expect us to sign 3 players before taking any Reynolds money into consideration.

Reading between the lines, I then think Brown wants to make a couple of quality additions if Reynolds is sold and will then have scope to evaluate the loan market down South.

Brown has said that he has budget to sign a goalkeeper and a striker, not that we need to sell Reynolds to sign any more players. If we sell Reynolds then obviously we could further strengthen the squad due to the additional finance. I don't know if I agree with Brown pimping out our players publicly. It does strike me as a little desperate to get some additional finance and obviously buying clubs will realise this and probably get Reynolds on the cheap (par for the course at Fir Park!)!

I too am worried about the loss of Jutkiewicz, Ruddy and O'Brien (and to a lesser extent Coke) but we are in a much better state playerwise than we were this time last year when McGhee left us down to worse than the bare bones.

Brown has said that he has budget to sign a goalkeeper and a striker, not that we need to sell Reynolds to sign any more players. If we sell Reynolds then obviously we could further strengthen the squad due to the additional finance. I don't know if I agree with Brown pimping out our players publicly. It does strike me as a little desperate to get some additional finance and obviously buying clubs will realise this and probably get Reynolds on the cheap (par for the course at Fir Park!)!

It's certainly came across that way, while the contract situations are very different it is a tad frustrating when Hearts are knocking back a £2.5mil offer for Driver.

Yep looked great in the last few games (what was it 16 goals conceded after the split). Not to mention numerous mistakes during the season (Rangers at home for example).

Yeah great player.

Could it really be?..........

ICE RINK!!!!

Good to see yeh pal!

How you been?

Yep looked great in the last few games (what was it 16 goals conceded after the split). Not to mention numerous mistakes during the season (Rangers at home for example).

Yeah great player.

He had a great season last year & made very few mistakes. He was apparently suffering from an illness at the end of the season (around the hibs game) & he did make a couple of errors, but a good manager should see that he is a quality player with a good head on him for a young guy. I would be surprised if we got no offers for him, but whether we would get in excess of £1million, I doubt it.

Stop being a wank first.

Who rattled your cage there applepip? Didn't realise you were part of the banter police.

A wank you say .... you mean like renaming yourself and getting your photo in the Wishaw Press .... not often I've done it however I'm going to agree with Paul Slane. I doff my cap to the ginger one.

Randolph added, glad he's over 6ft tall.

If Garry Kenneth is rumoured to be worth £1m, Reynolds is worth £10m!!! £500k would be ridiculous to accept in my opinion.

Nah, £500k is about right I'd say. In my opinion (and this may go against the grain), Reynolds is a wee bit overrated by our support at times. Aye he's young, learning the game etc, but £500k for a centre half who has a year left on his contract would be a good price for us.

Reynolds is a decent SPL player. No more, no less. What makes him stand out a bit is that he is a rarity - a left-sided centre-half with pace. Not a lot of them about. However, that won't inflate his value much. I'd take your arm off for a flat £500k. Don't think we'll get it though. £300k plus a 10% sell-on clause is more realistic in my opinion.

Does nobody think that the way the new management and commercial teams are leading things (tying up the talented youngsters on long contracts to maximise potential transfer revenue) that this more astute business behaviour may lead to a surprise in what we achieve for Reynolds? Who could have seen Hateley on a 3 year deal 1 month ago for example.

I hope we will be surprised and Brown can head off to the toffee shop for a Pole.

Nah, £500k is about right I'd say. In my opinion (and this may go against the grain), Reynolds is a wee bit overrated by our support at times. Aye he's young, learning the game etc, but £500k for a centre half who has a year left on his contract would be a good price for us.

I think we are guilty of under-rating him to be honest. Centre half with a left foot, pace and a fine ability to read the game are rare attributes these days.

Nevertheless, you will struggle to get more than £500k for any SPL player in the final year of their contract.

Nevertheless, you will struggle to get more than £500k for any SPL player in the final year of their contract.

If he's still here come the end of the transfer window. Whats the bets Rankgers come in with a 100k bid for him at the last minute

I think we are guilty of under-rating him to be honest. Centre half with a left foot, pace and a fine ability to read the game are rare attributes these days.

Reynolds? Mark Reynolds?

Sorry, who are we talking about now?

I agree with you regarding under-rating him. Left sided, quick centre halves are rare these days.

In terms of fee then remember Aberdeen got £500k for Lee Miller in January who was out of contract in the summer. I realise that goalscorers generally go for more money, however, I would hardly have called Lee Miller a proven goalscorer. I think £750k would be a decent price for him, however, we'll just need to wait and see. As long as it isn't £100k from Rangers!!

The problem with Reynolds for me is that he's not a kid anymore & whilst I think he's got ability, he hasn't developed anywhere near as much as we expected over the past few years. I fear we missed a trick not letting him go when Rangers came in a while back as, though no-one could question his commitment or service to the club, I would imagine like many others that 500k is about as much as we can hope for.

It's also a bit of a worry that no-one has come in thus far. I accept that the transfer window runs until the end of August, but if we need his sale to fund new signings we really want it done & dusted asap with the campaign effectively starting in two weeks.

I understand that we have money in the budget for a keeper and a striker, but I'd have thought we could also sign one more player outwith Reynolds potential sale, given that we made an offer to Giles Coke. What has happened to that wage?

If he's still here come the end of the transfer window. Whats the bets Rankgers come in with a 100k bid for him at the last minute

Reynolds is worth around £1.5m - £2m in a normal market,in this climate it`d prob drop to £1m - £1.3m,last year of his contract? Id say £500k and a sell on clause is all we`ll get.

What really worries me is how that Brown interview just smacked of desparation and coupled with the fact were skint and we have no shirt sponsor, any club who saw it will bend us over + shaft us properly. Therefore Rangers (or anyone) for £100k is not entirely unrealistic! :)