Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Coventry should be a good move for Jutkiewitz, a decent stage for him to make an impact. Good luck to him.

Regarding us, as I understand it we can sign a striker just now. However, if we get through to the next round of the Europa League we could have enough to make another signing. Obviously as soon as we sell Reynolds (and off-load Fraser) we could make another signing or two.

If we are waiting on the result tomorrow going our way, then ideally we will sign a striker and A.N. Other on Friday and have them available for the next round. We probably need to do this anyway, as we'll be majorly snookered with one or two injuries as things stand.

So we'd better get through tomorrow!!

If the Coventry move is true - good luck to big Juke hope he does well.

Think he might have to fight for a chance in the team though as they already have Freddie Eastwood and have just signed McSheffrey from Birmingham and O'Donavan from Sunderland (yes he of Utd fame from a few seasons back!)

Funnily enough it's more the mixed messages that are a tad concerning.

A couple of weeks back it was - We have a budget for a striker plus a couple of loanees anything above that depends on Reynolds moving.

Now it looks as though all targets will slip away if we don't progress in europe or get reynolds away.

Advertising our financial desperation is not a good bargaining position to take - leads to derisory bids.

Spot on. I am a little disillusioned myself to be honest. We have lost loanees, yes and can replace them to beef the squad up. BUT we have lost a key player in O ' Brien and we aren't doing anything to get someone in on a permenant basis. We have also lost Coke but he was essentially a loan of him for a year.

Our squad needs one or two 'Motherwell Players' that can settle into the team for 2 years or so. With big John Sutton (going to be a MASSIVE player for us this year - who knew?!) in his last year of contract we could be going into January with only one recognised 'Forward' at the club for the forseeable in Jamie Murphy, with McHugh still to prove himself- that worries me!

Loans to replace Coke and Juke, fine but Boyle, Brown, whoever - get ONE forward/winger in full time - not too much to ask for is it!!

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we get an extremely derisory bid coming for Reynolds from Rangers if the reported sale of Wilson to Liverpool goes through. I just hope we have the guts to tell them where to go.

Just because no one has arrived yet doesn't mean we aren't doing anything. In fact did CB not pretty much say that he and Archie were doing lots of stuff?

I don't know what the fussing over O'Brien is all about either, we've lost far better than him, replaced them with "nobodies", and somehow haven't been relegated yet.

Spot on. I am a little disillusioned myself to be honest. We have lost loanees, yes and can replace them to beef the squad up. BUT we have lost a key player in O ' Brien and we aren't doing anything to get someone in on a permenant basis. We have also lost Coke but he was essentially a loan of him for a year.

Our squad needs one or two 'Motherwell Players' that can settle into the team for 2 years or so. With big John Sutton (going to be a MASSIVE player for us this year - who knew?!) in his last year of contract we could be going into January with only one recognised 'Forward' at the club for the forseeable in Jamie Murphy, with McHugh still to prove himself- that worries me!

Loans to replace Coke and Juke, fine but Boyle, Brown, whoever - get ONE forward/winger in full time - not too much to ask for is it!!

Well it clearly not simple as just clicking fingers and getting someone in the door, fairly sure Brown is doing everything in his power and come the transfer deadline we should see some movement but we are fairly rooked and players of kind of quality we'd like if already proven tend to go elsewhere for better money.

I know everyone's waiting for Reynolds to go because we would hope a decent transfer fee would be involved. However, surely our priority should be getting rid of Fraser and freeing up another wage?

The problem with "getting rid" of Fraser is that he has a contract with us, so someone needs to take that on or he needs to agree to a termination, which is unlikely since very few people are going to voluntarily give up their job so that their employer can get someone else. Hopefully a club will come in for him soon, but if they don't we're stuck with him.

I'd be quite interested to see how this 'getting rid' is done.

Fraser is due an entire year's salary and I'll point out that there's a possibility, like in a number of other transfers that have happened elsewhere this summer, he could go get the deal and just as we're beginning to count on that wage for someone else he'll say - "yeah i'll sign as soon as Motherwell pay my com-pen.

Much as it rankles with some - he's due the money.

Let's hope if Michael Fraser moves on he shows us the good will that hasn't been offered to him by many of us.

I don't know what the fussing over O'Brien is all about either,

Obrien 76 appearences - 4 goals , two coming in the one game against Killie

Darren Smith , less appearances , only around a measly third of the number of starting appearances with a return of twice as many goals.

I know Smith wasnt rated by many on here , O'brien IMO was a complete fraud of a footballer.

Hopefully we arent about about to see the collective theory that 'we'd be as well with nobody out there than those two' put to the test ?

fully understand the situation with Fraser,but if we werent sure of getting rid + need to hawk him around,why did we sign Hollis? again we have a tiny budget already,lose our 4 best players of last year as well as a couple other squad players and need as many replacements as poss and so we give a 6 month extension to Fitzpatrick who will play 0 minutes of football + now have 3 full time goalkeepers, it beggars belief

So you don't like Fitzpatrick, wind yer neck in. Hardly a burden in the grand scheme of things and if he's not the answer to the balance required in our midfield (I think he can) he'll free up a wage when required in January. Something we failed in this year possibly costing us a higher league position.

O'brien IMO was a complete fraud of a footballer.

I guess we will have this argument for months and possibly years to come....but to say JOB was a fraud is baffling in the extreme.

I am one of those saddos that record highlights of the games we win and download onto my Ipod touch. When I am travelling and away from home it is always good to get my fix of claret and amber. Whilst doing so it occurred to me watching last years highlights, is how many times JOB had a major contribution in the build up of our goals.

Unless we get a decent replacement - if you think he is not going to be missed - you are sadly deluded. My humble opinion of course....

Obrien 76 appearences - 4 goals , two coming in the one game against Killie

Darren Smith , less appearances , only around a measly third of the number of starting appearances with a return of twice as many goals.

If that's the criteria we're now using to measure footballing ability, that John Ruddy was shite.

I guess we will have this argument for months and possibly years to come....but to say JOB was a fraud is baffling in the extreme.

I am one of those saddos that record highlights of the games we win and download onto my Ipod touch. When I am travelling and away from home it is always good to get my fix of claret and amber. Whilst doing so it occurred to me watching last years highlights, is how many times JOB had a major contribution in the build up of our goals.

Unless we get a decent replacement - if you think he is not going to be missed - you are sadly deluded. My humble opinion of course....

Its an arguement that was done to death while he was here , im just hes glad hes done so wont be having it again

I cant have been at these games where he was creating galore.

I was at games against the likes of Llaneli (Slane came on and passed the previously snoring defender 3 times in 5 minutes) and a few first division teams where he looked out of his depth never mind a class above. Summed up by him acting the superstar and giving interviews about being in the form in his life a few days after id watched him be his usual shite self as the club suffered a financialy disasterous cup defeat at Inverness.

Darren Smith as i have put in black and white for you above never had a third of the starts but scored double the goals - he is of this world and there are any out there similar if not better than him .If you think Obrien is of a class difficult to unearth and a rare talent you are that one that is deluded , in my humble opinion of course.

If that's the criteria we're now using to measure footballing ability, that John Ruddy was shite.

Did you pick that username or were you awarded it after a few posts ?

Obrien and Smith are apples for apples , just because Obrien never scored doesnt mean he shouldnt have been trying to.

Find me someone else who fucks about doing pirouetts and shiting it from the 18 yard box and ill compare him to Obrien for you

Anyway , last word on him , he's gone , yipeeeeee

Its an arguement that was done to death while he was here , im just hes glad hes done so wont be having it again

I cant have been at these games where he was creating galore.

I was at games against the likes of Llaneli (Slane came on and passed the previously snoring defender 3 times in 5 minutes) and a few first division teams where he looked out of his depth never mind a class above. Summed up by him acting the superstar and giving interviews about being in the form in his life a few days after id watched him be his usual shite self as the club suffered a financialy disasterous cup defeat at Inverness.

Darren Smith as i have put in black and white for you above never had a third of the starts but scored double the goals - he is of this world and there are any out there similar if not better than him .If you think Obrien is of a class difficult to unearth and a rare talent you are that one that is deluded , in my humble opinion of course.

I seem to remember that it was financially disastrous for more than just the Club :P

......and a wee wallbash for those that thought O'Brien was a magician at Motherwell :O

I am confident that Broon will find a player that could do the job that O'brien did or even better. We were in a worse situation last season than this year. I am a little worried about CB talking about needing to offload Reynolds but hopefully he can get the right move and give us a decent transfer fee.