Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

So you don't like Fitzpatrick, wind yer neck in. Hardly a burden in the grand scheme of things and if he's not the answer to the balance required in our midfield (I think he can) he'll free up a wage when required in January. Something we failed in this year possibly costing us a higher league position.

Obrien 76 appearences - 4 goals , two coming in the one game against Killie

Darren Smith , less appearances , only around a measly third of the number of starting appearances with a return of twice as many goals.

I know Smith wasnt rated by many on here , O'brien IMO was a complete fraud of a footballer.

Hopefully we arent about about to see the collective theory that 'we'd be as well with nobody out there than those two' put to the test ?

An absurd comparison!!

O' Brien must have won us as many penalties as Smith scored goals never mind his own 4 goals. How many goals did he assist in - either crossing it in or taking the ball down field purely on his own? Opposition fans and managers had him down as our main dangerman - not unfounded opinions. O' Brien must have contributed to at least 30 Motherwell goals in the last 2 seasons. Like the guy who has the highlights on his phone said there is fact to back this up!

Fraud of a footballer? If you are calling the most naturally gifted footballer we have had in 2 years, someone who picks the ball up and runs at people and generally never gave up chasing if he got brushed off the ball a fraud, I wonder what you call some of the less talented pros at the club!!

An absurd comparison!!

O' Brien must have won us as many penalties as Smith scored goals never mind his own 4 goals. How many goals did he assist in - either crossing it in or taking the ball down field purely on his own? Opposition fans and managers had him down as our main dangerman - not unfounded opinions. O' Brien must have contributed to at least 30 Motherwell goals in the last 2 seasons. Like the guy who has the highlights on his phone said there is fact to back this up!

Fraud of a footballer? If you are calling the most naturally gifted footballer we have had in 2 years, someone who picks the ball up and runs at people and generally never gave up chasing if he got brushed off the ball a fraud, I wonder what you call some of the less talented pros at the club!!

This may be the funniest post I've read on this forum. Tell us another.

An absurd comparison!!

Pretty much spot on Juan.

An absurd comparison!!

Spot on. :nod:

An absurd comparison!!

Spot on indeed.

No doubt if O'Brien isn't getting a regular game next season it'll be proof as it was to the Clarkson bashers that he really was shite after all as well despite it being neother here nor there to what he did in his time here.

For christ sake he wasnae as good as some of you think and he was better than some of you think but and this is the important thing he left us for more money in England........... end of :lol:

Got to love the JOB debate, there's no middle ground. :lol:

My take on him is that he has a ton of skill, and is an incredibly hard worker. However, his footballing brain is severely lacking and far too often for us he was completely ineffectual. He probably will be missed a little, but he'll also be easily replaced. If he was as good as some folk on here think, how come bigger clubs weren't banging down our door for him? I don't harbour any bad feeling for the guy, hope he does well doon south.

We will miss him as he created chances for us, but he was never as brilliant as some are making out on here.

Anyway water under the bridge. Lets just find someone to replace him cos Humphrey isn't up to the job yet.

I agree that JOB's creativity will be missed (like his penalty) but I also think if Humphrey gets a run of games and takes on board what the coaches are telling him then he may well come good for us this season. Pace is a massive attribute in the modern game. He's still 22 and far from the final product, it's up to him to take this chance. Here's hoping!!

Couldnt cross, couldnt shoot, many times didnt realease the ball quick enough, as weak as water, a shitebag in the tackle. He did do lots of running though.

Yeah, running through the opposition with the ball.

Shitebag in the tackle? I'll bet he won more fouls than any other player in recent times, when O'Brien was getting kicked, elbowed, pulled, hauled down and chopped you were probably stuffing a pie in your face.