Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

OUTS

striker Mark Acrchdeacon

striker Greg Pollock

goalkeeper Shaun Thomson

Wish all three young lads all the best in the game, thought Archdeacon would have been sure to make it through to a regular first team slot

Not too surprised as Archdeacon just didn't seem to feature in the plans of Gannon/Brown at all. In saying that very best of luck to all three.

Wonder how much cash has been freed up by these moves.

archdeacon was unfortunate that murphy and mchugh are ahead of him and are the best young scottish strikers in their age group. i felt bad for him the night at hibs when he looked like he was going to get a chance and mchugh got on ahead of him, it was pretty clear then that it wasn't going to work out for him.

whats the craic wi the u-19 team now? weve promoted 6 of them,released 8 or 9 and are now left with a squad of 4 or 5 players. Are we trying to save money by merging the u-17S + 19s? or are we bringing in 10 - 15 new u-19 players?

whats the craic wi the u-19 team now? weve promoted 6 of them,released 8 or 9 and are now left with a squad of 4 or 5 players. Are we trying to save money by merging the u-17S + 19s? or are we bringing in 10 - 15 new u-19 players?

Nothing to worry about I watched the 19's play Wigan 19's at Dalziel a couple of weeks ago. We demolished them 5-0. Even with several moving to the first team and several leaving the future looks bright.

I also watched them being beaten by Shotts Bon accord 2-1, however again they played well at times and look a good team.

I see Ruddy shipped 4 yesterday to Everton inc the 1st which went straight through his legs Ray Clemence style. Thank god we got rid of that numpty :lol:

I wish him well but it looks (fingers crossed) that we have a more than adequate replacement in Randolph. We now need replacements for O'Brien and Jukebox if we are to stand still and not go backwards.

Murphy has started well and may become 1st choice striker this season.

Wonder if Brown didn't rate him or it was financial e.g. we don't have the money just now and Weston couldn't hang about to see how we would do in Europe. I have a feeling it could be the latter.

BTW noticed Killie have signed a Portugese winger who was released from CSKA Sofia. I take it after all this talk of Killie not having a pot to piss in they might still have a bigger budget than we do??

My guess is that its the latter as well. While we could do with a dedicated right back, its not a priority at the moment.

Either that, or that he's just no that good. I'll ask my dee pal.

Looked a tidy defender at times but also looked a bit of a hatchet man. Feel that the scottish game would be too fast for him.

Disagree. Rhys Weston looked absolutely murder, very unfit, poor positioning, poor touch, poor passing resulting in getting roasted by shite part-time footballers. Wage demands were probably unrealistic aswell, certainly looked a step down on what we currently have. A career that has uncontrollably downward and shows no sign of changing

If a player is looking for 1000 quid a week (as an example), and Accies get him and we dont, that doesnt automatically mean we cant pay a player that but they can. It could also mean we just weren't willing to pay that amount THAT player, whereas they were. Especially when most folk seem to hold the opinion that he's shite.

Of course, that may not have enough panic in it for some peoples taste.