Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

We're not "relying massively" on them. They'll only be called upon from time to time when injuries and suspensions dictate.

We have lost our top scorer + best creative player without replacing them, where else are the goals gonna come from? our squad isnt that big!

If for instance we replace Lukas, we have -

New Guy, Sutton, Murphy main strikers with Smith + McHugh back up.

At the moment we have Sutton,Murphy,McHugh + Smith, a lot of pressure on 3 guys of 22,19+19!

If we replace JOB, we have -

New Guy, Humphrey ,with guys like Lawless back up. At the Moment we have Humphrey! Sutton + Forbes playing wide weaken other areas + put pressure on guys like McHugh,Meechan etc so whatever way we look at it,they are gonna be needed a lot if we dont make new signings!

I'm all for given youth a chance but we are in desperate need of a couple of players. I rate Murphy extremely highly but he isn't experienced or strong enough yet to hold the ball up the park in the manner Juke did last season. On top of that, we need a bit of creativity from midfield or out wide. While we won 3-0 last week it was clear to see that we are poor at retaining possession.

If the money isn't there then fair enough but why weren't we given this message at the start of the summer. Instead, Brown told us that he had offered contarcts to 2 SPL players. Where has that money gone?

And what about the 2 or 3 players that were practically lined up should we progress in Europe? Still nothing.

I fully appreciate that funds are tighter than ever but if we narrowly miss out on a lucrative windfall from the group stages, then questions must be asked of how the club is being run.

If the money isn't there then fair enough but why weren't we given this message at the start of the summer. Instead, Brown told us that he had offered contarcts to 2 SPL players. Where has that money gone?

And what about the 2 or 3 players that were practically lined up should we progress in Europe? Still nothing.

I fully appreciate that funds are tight but if we narrowly miss out on a lucrative windfall from the group stages, then questions must be asked of how the club is being run.

Agreed. The squad at present isn't nearly big enough or good enough for the season ahead and based on what we have right now, if that's all we have to go with then it's going to be a very long season.

At the moment we have Sutton,Murphy,McHugh + Smith, a lot of pressure on 3 guys of 22,19+19!

murphy is still only 20, he turns 21 on the saturday between the OB game at fir park and the celtic game. could be quite a weekend for him.

what no one is really talking about is that if the league reconstruction proposals get passed there would be no relegation this season. if that happens then there's no great need to sign anyone.

We need to strengthen but because we have waited so long i cant see were the players are coming from! We need a Winger a ball playing midfielder and striker and ifwe can only get two then a striker and a winger! Sutton is not good enough to start for us anymore we should of been replacing players like that with better quality! The squad we have know would only be looking at comfortable bottom six i would say. Have they looked at it and seen Killie and St mirren and thought there down we dont need to invest this year! Would be annoying if that was true there MUST be young players kicking about europe who can come in and do a job for us out wide or up front!

murphy is still only 20, he turns 21 on the saturday between the OB game at fir park and the celtic game. could be quite a weekend for him.

what no one is really talking about is that if the league reconstruction proposals get passed there would be no relegation this season. if that happens then there's no great need to sign anyone.

Its got nothing to do with relegation,St Midden,Hamilton + Killie should have that issue sown up,infact Id bet my house on 1 of those 3, however the thing that is worrying me is if we dont sign anyone and finish 9th, instead of the 4th - 6th we would be capable of, our playing budget will be slashed even more next summer!! Its a slippery slope

kyles pish he just scored against teams like falkirk and st mirren

And thats the teams that we should beat every time we play them and if he scores against them then that means we have got a chance of beating them and being above them at the end of the season.If we do that we have got a top 6 finish.Simples

And thats the teams that we should beat every time we play them and if he scores against them then that means we have got a chance of beating them and being above them at the end of the season.If we do that we have got a top 6 finish.Simples

We shouldn't beat any full time team every time we play them.

Well if we can at least 4-6 points off they teams a season we will get a top 6 finish and if Kevin Kyle can score against those teams well that would mean that we would have a better chance of winning.Well done to Hearts for picking him up as that is a great signing for them.Thats my opinion

Well if we can at least 4-6 points off they teams a season we will get a top 6 finish and if Kevin Kyle can score against those teams well that would mean that we would have a better chance of winning.Well done to Hearts for picking him up as that is a great signing for them.Thats my opinion

We will see. IF he scores more than 15 goals this season, and against top 6 opposition, I might be persuaded otherwise. Turned out to be a bit too injury prone, thick headed, big moothed, and devisive in the dressing room (from what I hear) for my tastes. No where near the pro that John Sutton is. That is my opinion.

Look all in at present things are like this as far as I can see.

Brown and Knox are certainly looking at players to strengthen the team, hence the plethora of trialists we've fielded recently. Next thing to consider is affordability (Leeann) or improvement on what we already have (Brown & Knox). No doubt there have been a few players who have discussed at length.

Next is strategy, have there been players we are after but missed out due to cash? Are we holding off on a few in the hope that their wage demands will drop closer to the window? The converse of the second is do we miss out on someone because we played hard-ball or have less of a pool to pick from as the deadline looms.

I do see a couple of extra players improving the squad ahead of Odense to a degree where its more even than an uphill struggle. A win over the two legs opens up a lucrative UEFA cash pot and maybe a big name or two at FP.

Look all in at present things are like this as far as I can see.

Brown and Knox are certainly looking at players to strengthen the team, hence the plethora of trialists we've fielded recently. Next thing to consider is affordability (Leeann) or improvement on what we already have (Brown & Knox). No doubt there have been a few players who have discussed at length.

Next is strategy, have there been players we are after but missed out due to cash? Are we holding off on a few in the hope that their wage demands will drop closer to the window? The converse of the second is do we miss out on someone because we played hard-ball or have less of a pool to pick from as the deadline looms.

I do see a couple of extra players improving the squad ahead of Odense to a degree where its more even than an uphill struggle. A win over the two legs opens up a lucrative UEFA cash pot and maybe a big name or two at FP.

Fuck that.Venegoor of Hessilink cost 50 quid to get on the back of a smellic tap so I wouldn't be wanting a BIG name.Maybe just about 5/6 letters will do me fine ;)

Most of the teams we expect to be competing with for a top 6 place have maybe made one signing where you think they might do quite well for them but that is more than made up for by the amount of players they have let go or lost. With the probable excepetions of Celtic who have spent a lot of money and Dundee Utd. who have done next to nothing, everybody will be weakened this season and not just us. Take a look at the BBC's page summarising SPL ins and outs for an indication - it's not completely accurate as they haven't included all the departures.

As for Hearts in particular they've lost Kingston, Stewart, Goncalves and Nade and brought in Barr and Kyle. Yes, Kyle will score some goals for them but the last I heard he'd already picked up an injury and could miss the start of the season.

I'm all for given youth a chance but we are in desperate need of a couple of players. I rate Murphy extremely highly but he isn't experienced or strong enough yet to hold the ball up the park in the manner Juke did last season. On top of that, we need a bit of creativity from midfield or out wide. While we won 3-0 last week it was clear to see that we are poor at retaining possession.

I fully appreciate that funds are tighter than ever but if we narrowly miss out on a lucrative windfall from the group stages, then questions must be asked of how the club is being run.

Total agree with your comments, Lobey.

And don't bet against C.B. and A.K. being in the same boat either!

Personally thought that progressing to this round would pave the way for players to be signed to possibly push for the lucrative group stages, not forgetting our SPL league position and cup runs.

Disappointed that nothing has happened to date, but lets see what developes.

Canny be arsed quoting posts, but Tom Hateley was statistically our most creative player last year. Get the O'brien being important nonsense out of your head.

You can get it into your head mate.He was a great player for us and I didn't say that he was our most creative but he was creative.It will be hard to replace him