Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I would be amazed if we signed Alan Gow if only because we have just brought in Blackman and Casagolda and have Murphy and Sutton to play up front. If Gow is looking for first team football, he'll look elsewhere (unless we're planning to sell Murphy for a truckload of cash, of course). If he's looking to join a decent team, he'll join us. At St Mirren or Hamilton, he'd be guaranteed first team football, but might find that's in the First Division next season...

EDIT Of course, he could be a left midfield option as Mr Diggle points out...

I'd be very surprised if we did any business before the Europa game. A win on Thursday and our profile extends out to a lot more players.

This coming weekend could be a very interesting time to e a 'Well fan if we make it the Europa group stages. I'd imagine that with the EPL teams due to submit their 25 player squads they may see the chance to get some players out on loan with the chance to shine in the Europa league as a shop window!

If we don't make it through the Quinn money may still allow us to boost our squad with a lower profile signing.

Not someone who would fill me with joy. Couldn't see Gow as being anything more than a squad player. Would rather see a out and out creative player as opposed to a Str/mid option. If we are playing 4-2-3-1 then murphy blackman casa sutton McHugh would all be playing for one or two positions can't see all 5 playing in this formation. in Humphrey, forbes, fitz hately jennings etc the midfield is filled.

BeebGoss

Motherwell want veteran right-back Eric Paton, but present club Dundee want Marc Fitzpatrick in exchange. (Daily Express)

Motherwell hope to beat St Mirren to the signature of former Plymouth forward Alan Gow, who has been on trial with Krylia Sovetov, but can only afford the 27-year-old if they progress in the Europa League. (Daily Express)

BeebGoss

Motherwell want veteran right-back Eric Paton, but present club Dundee want Marc Fitzpatrick in exchange. (Daily Express)

Motherwell hope to beat St Mirren to the signature of former Plymouth forward Alan Gow, who has been on trial with Krylia Sovetov, but can only afford the 27-year-old if they progress in the Europa League. (Daily Express)

Second story not a surprise. If we are after Gow, I would have thought we would need funds to finance any deal. Progression to the group stages is the only obvious source of extra income.

First story. So Dundee want us to trade a midfielder with a large number of SPL games under his belt but with a lot of years ahead of him for a 32 year old right back who's barely seen the SPL. No thanks...

Second story not a surprise. If we are after Gow, I would have thought we would need funds to finance any deal. Progression to the group stages is the only obvious source of extra income.

First story. So Dundee want us to trade a midfielder with a large number of SPL games under his belt but with a lot of years ahead of him for a 32 year old right back who's barely seen the SPL. No thanks...

Agreed

Makes three of us.

I would have really liked to have known if Kerkak (diminutive RB form the bounce game) was offered a deal or priced himself out of contention.

For me that would solve the last few remaining problems, would offer 3 natural central defenders in Saunders, Page and Hutchinson who can compete for Reynolds place if/when he moves on and can also be groomed for Craigan's over time.

Hateley would get to play in his preferred midfield position but would offer RB cover along with Saunders.

Lasley seems a little off speed so far this season either down to his advancing years or loss of form, hence the numerous substitutions. For me central midfield is our concern, Jennings only committing to a 1 year deal and Lasley's age. If we could only get Forbes to run a bit more.

As for the attack, I'm happy with the pace and ability that Humphrey, Blackman and Murphy offer, and the aerial threat and workrate of Sutton.

Paton is so average its unbelievable. So good that Dundee have signed Rhys Weston (Who I can only assume Craig Brown decided wasn't good enough for us) to replace him? Kind of goes against the plan of signing young players on longer contracts for monetary gain. Surely theres better value than that.

The comparison with Dave Mackay isn't really fair either because Dave Mackay is a cracking player and Paton...isn't. We really missed out when him and Davidson went to St J, should've pushed the boat out a wee bit.

Paton is so average its unbelievable. So good that Dundee have signed Rhys Weston (Who I can only assume Craig Brown decided wasn't good enough for us) to replace him? Kind of goes against the plan of signing young players on longer contracts for monetary gain. Surely theres better value than that.

The comparison with Dave Mackay isn't really fair either because Dave Mackay is a cracking player and Paton...isn't. We really missed out when him and Davidson went to St J, should've pushed the boat out a wee bit.

Not impressed with Paton,average at best so feel we`d be better off trying the youngsters than bringing in an old average rb just for the sake of it.

I said that about Davidson + Mackay when Saints signed them! £60k for the pair wasnt it? unbelieveable we wouldnt pay that for them

Aye, I saw a lot of Saints last year and while Davidson looks a bit awkward at times and isn't quite there yet, probably will be. Mackay is pure class, the guy is great. Fast enough, strong enough, rarely caught in possession, committed and can play CB or RB. Cracking player that could've held down our centre half or right back spot for the past two years.

Dont mean to worry anyone but Jack Ross has had his contract terminated at Hamilton.

Hamilton seem to do this all the time. Last year they signed about 5 players who they then binned after about a month.

They either just sign players and hope for the best or these players jump ship when they realise how much of a bawsack Billy Reid is.

Gow set for Well deal

Brown could offer contract to former Rangers forward

Last updated: 26th August 2010

Gow: Linked to Motherwell

Skysports.com understands that Alan Gow is on the brink of joining SPL outfit Motherwell. The former Rangers forward is a free agent after he was released by Plymouth earlier this summer.

Gow spent the end of last season on loan at Hibernian and it was thought that he could make a permanent move to Easter Road.

A switch to Hibs did not materialise, but the Clydebank-born 27-year-old now looks set to return to Scotland.

Motherwell boss Craig Brown, who is preparing his side for Thursday night's Europa League play-off against Odense, is understood to be keen on agreeing a deal with Gow and it could soon be finalised.