Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

seriously fucked off with this, big holes in our squad STILL not filled, all the teams around us strengthened over the summer while we got weaker, then today Aberdeen,Hibs,Utd even fucking Killie + Hamilton improve their squad with good signings and we still refuse to open the biscuit tin, ok theres still freebies but lets be honest when was the last time we signed anyone outwith a transfer window?

so its at least another 4 months of our 2 best strikers taking turns to play left wing,defenders pumping the ball up to a target man (when the ball actually stays in the park) who has no-one to support him and Humphrey as our only real attacking threat. Once teams realize we have nothing apart from Humph and man mark him were fucked, only MFC could go from flying high to total shite in less than a week.

Great way to attract our floating fans back eh, glorious failure in front of 10,000 fans in europe due to an inability to convert chances a schoolboy would get crucified for missing, awful performance against the mhankies on tv and when we have 1 last chance to do something to correct things, fuck all, but please keep paying your £20 a week to watch our innovative non scoring punt it into the stand brand of "football"

seriously fucked off with this, big holes in our squad STILL not filled, all the teams around us strengthened over the summer while we got weaker, then today Aberdeen,Hibs,Utd even fucking Killie + Hamilton improve their squad with good signings and we still refuse to open the biscuit tin, ok theres still freebies but lets be honest when was the last time we signed anyone outwith a transfer window?

so its at least another 4 months of our 2 best strikers taking turns to play left wing,defenders pumping the ball up to a target man (when the ball actually stays in the park) who has no-one to support him and Humphrey as our only real attacking threat. Once teams realize we have nothing apart from Humph and man mark him were fucked, only MFC could go from flying high to total shite in less than a week.

Great way to attract our floating fans back eh, glorious failure in front of 10,000 fans in europe due to an inability to convert chances a schoolboy would get crucified for missing, awful performance against the mhankies on tv and when we have 1 last chance to do something to correct things, fuck all, but please keep paying your £20 a week to watch our innovative non scoring punt it into the stand brand of "football"

acht could be worse you could support killie or acci...oh wait.

Heres the squad we are left with till January -

Darren Randolph , Lee Hollis

Steven Saunders,Stephen Craigan,Jon Page,Mark Reynolds,Stevie Hammell,Shaun Hutchinson

Keith Lasley,Marc Fitzpatrick,Steve Jennings,Chris Humphrey,Tom Hateley,Ross Forbes

Jamie Murphy,John Sutton,Bob McHugh,Esteban Casagolda,Nick Blackman

a 19 man first team squad, 7 of which are 21 or under, 6 or 7 with barely 20 spl games between them. No right back,no attacking midfielder,no left winger

If we even have 2 players injured/suspended we need to pull Pollock etc from the 19`s or the loanees back in just to have enough players for a match day squad! fucking ridiculous situation to be in at the very start of the season

Then the 6 young guys away on loan Halsman,Smith,Lawless,Quinn,Meechan,Innes

compare our 19 man squad to the rest of the SPL

Rangers (30) , Celtic (28) , Hearts (33) , Hibs (26) , Caley (23) , Aberdeen (23) , Killie (24) , St Johnstone (24) , Dundee Utd (29) , Hamilton (29) , St Midden (30).

Luckily weve got a very decent starting 11 but theres pretty much nothing to back it up and if teams take out Humphrey or his form goes we have nothing else attack wise, just really disheartening

Gutted. Couldn't wait till my break at work to check the net to see what deadline day coups we made.. hope something is unveiled tomorrow which may have been concluded very late. Not holding my breath tho. I'm happy with our squad but concerned with the likes of Killie and Accies adding to there squads. Thought we may have added at least one seeing Fraser's departure freed up a wage.

Did Aberdeen sign Gow? Killie and Accies make the one signing each? Pretty disappointed and all in all it hasn't been the best of weeks. I thougt we were only one or two signings away from pushing for a 5th or 6th place finish. I think we will struggle to achieve that now.....unless we can bring some people in on January. So annoying when teams all around you bolster their squad and we do nowt. I can only think that money is a LOT tighter or more of an issue than I originally thought. Our dealings were solely down to Reynolds leaving. He didn't we got nothing and I think with no replacement fir JOB we could struggle greatly in creating chances this term.

Can we just pee with the cock we have? All this shite about replacing this one and that one, we won fuck all with JOB in the team, we actually haven't been that bad without him, I'd like to think Celtic was a bad day rather than a taster of things to come, we've got europe out the way and can now get on with league business.

Poor show from Motherwell.

I'm sure we will bob up along just fine in the league under the stewardship of Brown & Knox but I'm depressed by the sheer lack of quality in the squad.

Despite having some poor teams over the years, we have been blessed with some really good attacking options over the piece. Murphy apart, we don't appear to have much to get excited about at the moment. And my fear for him is that he is going to have to play out of position to cover the shortcoming so fthe squad.

Really hope the likes of Forbes, Pollock, Page and hopefully Hutchison are given the opportuntiy to break through now.

I've been thinking for a wee while that Jamie Murphy might step into the position JOB had with a front two from Blackman, Sutton (likely these two), Casagolda, or McHugh. Jamie has the ability to run at and beat defenderd and I would think he would grt us more goals as well.

Which is as good a reason as any to support Motherwell, is this not what we do quite well?

Think that bounce game result proved that there is sufficient quality coming through to support what we have. Better to sign no-one than panic into signing utter dross like we have in the past.

I've been thinking for a wee while that Jamie Murphy might step into the position JOB had with a front two from Blackman, Sutton (likely these two), Casagolda, or McHugh. Jamie has the ability to run at and beat defenderd and I would think he would grt us more goals as well.

Murphy will always be best at playing right up top.

He is a clinical finisher and leads the line perfectly well for Scotland Under 21s.

Murphy will always be best at playing right up top.

He is a clinical finisher and leads the line perfectly well for Scotland Under 21s.

Never in a million years is he a clinical finisher. If he was he'd be far and away Europes top goalscorer with the chances we created in those early games alone. Humphreys crosses flashing across goal were meat and drink to a clinical finisher but he wasn't there cos he didn't read it. Got to take the gamble and get in that area. Hesitation over in Denmark in the 1st minute suggested otherwise also. With the confidence of the goals he had already scored I would expect a clinical finisher to bury chances like that without thinking.

His best position is dropping deep and running at defences IMO so the hole behind 2 strikers would suit him best. Unfortunately that's a bit of a luxury position we can't afford. Jamie has a big future ahead and a cool head in front of goal may come with experience but he's certainly not there yet.

Can only echo whats already been said on here, really dissppointed we haven't brought anyone in, but obviously we don't have the funds or just haven't found the right player. In an ideal world we would have seen a Left Winger, Attacking Mid and Right Back arrive - but I'd have settled for two out of three, heck, even one!

As for the doom and gloom comments, I don't think it's that bad! Yeah our rivals have strengthed, but we have a very solid team, slightly weaker than last years no doubt, having only really replaced two of the four players we lost, but don't forget we are also a young team with a years more experience behind us and I think we will be challenging for a position between 4th and 7th. Maybe with the lack of players in we will see a few of the younger boys cement their place in the team or break into it. Really exited about Pollock!

Where our problems really lie is with injuries, and should we be unlucky in that front, we have virtually no cover. I'm concerned that we let too many of our young guys go out on loan and I hope we can call them back if required. Yeah, it's great for them to get experience and all, but with 5 (or is it 6) it's maybe too much!

All that said, any players we were to sign would likely be free transfers and loan signings and there is no deadlines for free transfers. Maybe over the international break we will see one or two faces arrive - we can only hope!

I think as we've not brought anyone in due to financial constraints - we should maybe look to develop a longer term strategy by replacing some of the older guys with some of the younger dudes. Let them get experience in the league so that we've got an experienced young side in a couple of years time.

I reckon we'll have to sacrifice chasing results short term in at the expense of building for the future.

In addition to that, I think as we've not brought anyone in due to financial constraints - we should maybe look to develop a longer term strategy by replacing some of the older guys with some of the younger dudes. Let them get experience in the league so that we've got an experienced young side in a couple of years time.

I reckon we'll have to sacrifice chasing results . . . . . . . . wait a minute - have you heard all that before????

Yeah! You have! It's all bullshit innit.

I've never been as pessemistic about the future since the days of administration. chasing the short term gain with shite fitba will be our downfall.

Having read the last few pages of the thread I'm really depressed now. So much so that I just called the Samaritans and the told me to GTF because I was depressing him.

How can we have gone from the highs of European football and being on the brink of the group stages of the Europa League to this only a matter of days later.

Ideally we should have signed atleast one player to improve our squad, a left winger or a Tommy Coyne type striker would have been magic. Maybe Craig reckons we already have the players for these roles in the squad.

Murphy is good but he is not a 20 - 30 goals a season striker, Sutton doesn't really play as a striker anymore, maybe Casagolda can become the player we need or maybe Blackman is the man. Maybe one of the younger guys can step up.

Bloody hope so or it could be a long season.

Having read the last few pages of the thread I'm really depressed now. So much so that I just called the Samaritans and the told me to GTF because I was depressing him.

How can we have gone from the highs of European football and being on the brink of the group stages of the Europa League to this only a matter of days later.

Ideally we should have signed atleast one player to improve our squad, a left winger or a Tommy Coyne type striker would have been magic. Maybe Craig reckons we already have the players for these roles in the squad.

Murphy is good but he is not a 20 - 30 goals a season striker, Sutton doesn't really play as a striker anymore, maybe Casagolda can become the player we need or maybe Blackman is the man. Maybe one of the younger guys can step up.

Bloody hope so or it could be a long season.

And where exactly do you get ones of those on the type of money we'd be able to afford?

Exactly. The last strker to get 20 league goals for us in a season wouldve been Wullie Irvine when we were in the first division in the early 80's!

Im the same as everybody else. Rather dissapointed we havnt signed anybody, but there are still freebies available, a ton of them. Im sure Brown and Knox know what positions need filled and they'll be checking who's available to sign on our budget.

Maybe frasers wage could be used for one of these guys?

http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-det...p;playerID=9612

http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-det...p;playerID=9624

http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-det...p;playerID=9459

Just clutching at straws really, gutted we haven't managed to plug any of the gaps.

And where exactly do you get ones of those on the type of money we'd be able to afford?

The point is that previously we have had 2 or 3 players who would chip in 10 - 15 goals a season. We now seemingly have only one stiker type in Murphy. Unless as I say Blackman and Casagolda are good enough to fill the gap.