Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Well utd also released Jenson Myrie-Williams, good bit of pace that boy but ive not really seen him enough to know how good he is

I know he can play left wing, him and Chris down both wings with a bit of pace

Jay Demerit doesnt have a club, shame we would probs have to sell like the whole team to afford his wages haha

I would like to us try something along the lines of: -

-----------------Randolph--------------------

Saunders/----Craigan------Reynolds----Hammell

Hateley

------------Lasley/Hately-----Jennings--------------

--Humphrey---------Casagolda---------Sutton/Blackman

-------------Murphy/Sutton/Blackman-----------

Doubt anything like this will actually happen but it looks like we are gonna have to operate with what we have and I just don't think that the 3 centre mid type set up is working for us at all.

Maybe frasers wage could be used for one of these guys?

http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-det...p;playerID=9612

http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-det...p;playerID=9624

http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-det...p;playerID=9459

Just clutching at straws really, gutted we haven't managed to plug any of the gaps.

I doubt there was much wages freed up by Fraser leaving since he wouldn't have left with nothing.

given what what were left with Id like old Broony to go back to his Scotland ways and try 3-5-2

Randolph

Craigan

Saunders , Reynolds

Humphrey , Hateley , Jennings , Forbes , Hammell

Sutton , Murphy

disguise Craigans lack of pace by playing him as a sweeper, then have 2 young guys in front of him, Page,Saunders,Hutch + Reynolds will all gain from his experience. Humph + Hammell getting wide and getting balls into the box. Hateley (or Lasley) and Jenno hounding the midfield and Forbes to create, bigger games you can replace Forbes with Fitz or Las to give more legs . Blackman,McHugh + Casagolda to freshen up the strikeforce

So we've came through the window - pretty much in the same way we went in - it's not a disaster.

The most pressing issue for us is the development of the team going forward.

My own personal opinion is that we need to let Hutch, Meechan, Smith, McHugh, Page, Halsman and Pollock etc get some first team SPL experience.

I think as we've not brought anyone in due to financial constraints - we should maybe look to develop a longer term strategy by replacing some of the older guys with some of the younger dudes. Let them get experience in the league so that we've got an experienced young side in a couple of years time.

I reckon we'll have to sacrifice chasing results short term in at the expense of building for the future.

In addition to that, I think as we've not brought anyone in due to financial constraints - we should maybe look to develop a longer term strategy by replacing some of the older guys with some of the younger dudes. Let them get experience in the league so that we've got an experienced young side in a couple of years time.

I reckon we'll have to sacrifice chasing results . . . . . . . . wait a minute - have you heard all that before????

Yeah! You have! It's all bullshit innit.

I've never been as pessemistic about the future since the days of administration. chasing the short term gain with shite fitba will be our downfall.

The sensible option but too many folk want their cake and to eat it aswell.

My own personal opinion is that we need to let Hutch, Meechan, Smith, McHugh, Page, Halsman and Pollock etc get some first team SPL experience.

we've currently got 18 outfield players in the first team squad and 9 of them are 21 and under so it's fairly certain we're going to see a lot of young players getting a chance this season.

I may just have missed it but did Gow actually sign for anyone or is he still available?

He was linked to Swindon yesterday morning and then the sheep late last night but not seen anything confirmed!

Not seen anything on BBC or Pie & Bovril. By the sounds of things he was playing us off against St Mirren and Swindon. By all accounts a deal was agreed with Swindon before he ballsed it up by asking for improved terms. It would be refreshing to see him fall flat on his face after playing such a poker hand. That said he is perfectly entitled to try and get the best deal for himself. We would all do it ourselves after all. If he is a free agent then I believe he can still sign for any club for a short while longer - that said I am not too sure if I understand the rather convoluted rules.

It also looks (according to currant bun) that Reynolds could not agree personal terms with Swansea as well as their bid falling short of expectations. Happy to keep him especially if we were only likely to get £250k.

I suspect there is a little finance there to add to the squad, otherwise we would not have offered Gow a deal. Obviously Paw Broon was waiting to see if he would join and/or thought there was no-one else worth going after within our rather limited budget.

I think we are well served in defence as we are in attack, certainly in terms of numbers. The missing link was a creative midfielder to feed the strikers and unlock defences.

Not seen anything on BBC or Pie & Bovril. By the sounds of things he was playing us off against St Mirren and Swindon. By all accounts a deal was agreed with Swindon before he ballsed it up by asking for improved terms. It would be refreshing to see him fall flat on his face after playing such a poker hand. That said he is perfectly entitled to try and get the best deal for himself. We would all do it ourselves after all. If he is a free agent then I believe he can still sign for any club for a short while longer - that said I am not too sure if I understand the rather convoluted rules.

i already disliked gow before he was linked from us and i like him less even more after his antics of the last week. he comes across as a complete cock and even if we can get him for less than he was originally asking for i still wouldn't want him. i don't think it's a co incidence that hibs were flying high last year but as soon as he came into the team they went down hill.

It also looks (according to currant bun) that Reynolds could not agree personal terms with Swansea as well as their bid falling short of expectations. Happy to keep him especially if we were only likely to get £250k.

Don't believe everything you read... £1 million to Wigan yesterday and an offer somewhat less than quoted today to secure his services :whistling:

i already disliked gow before he was linked from us and i like him less even more after his antics of the last week. he comes across as a complete cock and even if we can get him for less than he was originally asking for i still wouldn't want him. i don't think it's a co incidence that hibs were flying high last year but as soon as he came into the team they went down hill.

Oh Fuck :whistling:

Ha ha brilliant!

I bet he thinks you are a wank too!

Pleased with the signing

concerned that its another forward to add to the ranks of forwards at the club, when we still have some long running requirements that never seem to be getting filled within our limited budget

and equally concerned that at only a six month deal, its hardly looking to the future, with regards to developing and growing the players who have longer term deals ( hell he might even be keeping other short term players out of the team and then whats the point in the wage bill?)

Welcome MrGow now pass the medical and get the finger out!

I think he will be put in midfield to add a bit of spark that we need right now we still have a few that need to get fit and the young guns will be pushig for a start as well. Happy days....

Mon the well :whistling: