Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Pleased with the signing

concerned that its another forward to add to the ranks of forwards at the club, when we still have some long running requirements that never seem to be getting filled within our limited budget

and equally concerned that at only a six month deal, its hardly looking to the future, with regards to developing and growing the players who have longer term deals ( hell he might even be keeping other short term players out of the team and then whats the point in the wage bill?)

Aye but a six month deal is magic if he turns put to be pish. Also has he not had a few injurys in the last few years?

Swings and roundabouts.

He can play left mid and he can strike the ball / finish

I noticed during the Hibs game the difference in finishing between Riordan and Stokes and our lads - on the day the gap was huge in terms of pace, swerve (if req'd), height if (req'd) and accuracy.

if he can bring any of that - then great.

Think this is a great signing and hope that it's the Gow from his Falkirk days that turns up. I've always seen him as an advanced midfielder with a bit of creativity. Sure he played that position for Falkirk and Hibs last season. Just the type of player we needed. Sure he could cope on the left side as well, but would still love a left sided player to come.

As for the 6months, I think we shouldn't read too much into that. Maybe the club are protecting themselves a bit as well, he has had a few injury problems the last few years has he not? I'm sure he will stay on for the whole season at least.

Ha ha brilliant!

I bet he thinks you are a wank too!

if he shirks anything down where i sit he soon will.

we needed to get someone who can play on the left and i think we'll now see a gow-lasley-jenno-hateley midfield with humph going back to being an impact sub. i doubt he's came cheap though so it must mean there was a bit of money there but brown couldn't get anyone else in.

Injury prone and we already have 5 strikers competing for places. There are other players about without clubs and there are other positions that we need players more.

Funnily enough, I subscribe to the theory that Injury prone players at one club could possibly be injury free at another,the difference being down to training methods.

Just a thought :angry:

Gow can hopefully provide the spark the team is lacking at the moment whether he plays at left mid or an attacking midfield role. He's a good dribbler with a great left peg who can score aswell as create think it just depends if he really wants to play his best football or just pick up a wage.

Funnily enough, I subscribe to the theory that Injury prone players at one club could possibly be injury free at another,the difference being down to training methods.

Just a thought :angry:

It's not necessarily that daft a theory. Look at Porter for example, who came here with a history of knee (I think) problems and stayed fit almost his entire spell here.

Delighted to have brought in a player with quality and pedigree.

If we are going to success from him, he needs to play through the middle imo.

Would have been nicer to get him on a longer contract but I'll settle for the fact that I believe we have a player that will make watching Motherwell a more pleasant experience.

It would be refreshing to see him fall flat on his face after playing such a poker hand. That said he is perfectly entitled to try and get the best deal for himself. We would all do it ourselves after all. If he is a free agent then I believe he can still sign for any club for a short while longer - that said I am not too sure if I understand the rather convoluted rules.

Glad I did not slag him off too much :angry:

Still 6 months is a strange one. Would take us up to end of February. Is that not after the Xmas transfer window. Would it not have made sense to sign till end of the season??

I kinda wish it was until the end of the season, otherwise we may have to spend January trying to replace him if he choses to move on. Still, it increases our creative options for the next five months, so very happy with the signing.

Good luck Gowser!

Glad I did not slag him off too much :angry:

Still 6 months is a strange one. Would take us up to end of February. Is that not after the Xmas transfer window. Would it not have made sense to sign till end of the season??

6 months is just fine with his lack of first team football and record of injuries thanks very much. Don't want to be stuck with a (lame) donkey.