Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

We were interested in him when he was at Airdrie ..saw quite a bit of him then as my mate played with them at the same time . He had a great partnership with Coyle and Willie McLaren at that time and will do us a turn if he plays anywhere near that sort of form and notch a few goals to boot .

I imagine that he will be used in the position that Sutton has been playing under CB ...left hand side of midfield , going forward ....I guess the midfield would be Humph wide right , Jenno and Las in the middle and Gowser on the left ...not a bad balance there ...

Anyway , good luck to guy ...

Talk of dropping Humphrey is madness.

Humphrey is the type of player that will benefit from the intelligence of Gow.

When everyone is fit, Gow will be in for Hateley or Lasley imo.

I like the idea of Gow and Humphrey but two essentially out and out attacking players on the flanks is quite bold. Horses for course possibly depending on who we are playing. Doesn't matter a whole lot if Hately isn't a wonder winger provided he can get into to space to get crosses in and work back.

I like the idea of Gow and Humphrey but two essentially out and out attacking players on the flanks is quite bold. Horses for course possibly depending on who we are playing. Doesn't matter a whole lot if Hately isn't a wonder winger provided he can get into to space to get crosses in and work back.

Thing about having two out and out attacking players on the wing, it's not quite so cavalier if both your centre midfielders are defensively minded (which all our IMs are with the exception of Forbes). Humphrey tracks back, not always to the greatest effect but he gets himself back there. I'd imagine a player of Gow's experience would have the positional awareness to do likewise.

I do suspect that it might be the last we see of Ross Forbes in a first team jersey at least til January. I reckon Gow's arrival (if it's to provide creativity from the left) will see him frozen out even more than he has been recently.

I have a funny feeling this is the team we'll see a lot of...

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Humphrey Hateley Jennings Gow

Sutton Murphy

Just get a feeling that Hateley will get the nod ahead of Lasley due to the fact he takes set pieces. Wouldn't surprise me to see Humphrey sacrificed though and see him used as an impact sub. I'd have him in the starting eleven but Brown might have other ideas...

Really good signing IMO.

If he creates similar performances as he did at Falkirk, he'll be loved at F.P.

Pace, trickery and has the abilty to score goals (plus left sided)= money well spent.

This rebalances the shape to the team and I'm sure he'll chip in with a few goals. Just hope any talk of being injury prone, prove to be incorrect.

Really happy with this signing!!

Well done C.B. / J.B. on this one. Hopefully we can push on for top 6 now.

I have a funny feeling this is the team we'll see a lot of...

Randolph

Humphrey Hateley Jennings Gow

Sutton Murphy

I think thats a possibility Melvin, the big thing that Gow offers as opposed to Forbes is that he has pace so can play wide in a midfield 4, as opposed to Forbes, who's resticted to a central role, alternatively the left had side of a midfield three. An interesting possibility, given our surfeit of defensive/holding mids is a 4-2-3-1 along the lines of:

Randolph

Hateley Jennings/Lasley

Humphrey Murphy Gow/Forbes

Sutton/Blackman

You've then got a very strong right hand side, Hately and the Hump have both filled in at right back at some point, therefore offer protection to Saunders. You've also got options in the 3, Gow obviously being the better in terms of pace than Forbes. Murphy and Gow would be pretty much interchangeable in that formation though, either I reckon would do a pretty decent shift behind/just-off Sutton.

Whatever formation, its a decent signing IMHO, gives us creativity and pace we lost with JOB

Talk of dropping Humphrey is madness.

Humphrey is the type of player that will benefit from the intelligence of Gow.

When everyone is fit, Gow will be in for Hateley or Lasley imo.

Perfect answer, my thoughts exactly, if i am honest out of Lasley and Hateley we know that Hateley can offer the option of Right back... what other option does Lasley offer ? not a great deal, yes he is a workhorse, but clumsy around our box and almost non existent in the opposition box. So the short of it would be Lasley on the bench to join Sutton.

Whos to say that Gow is good enough @ present to walk straight into the team, only time will tell. If he was on form as we speak he would not be at Motherwell, like already metioned in previous threads, in his position they are treated like commodities if Swindon gave up on him he cant be worth chasing. That aside, that can only be a good thing for Motherwell, even if this is only a whistle stop tour, if it brings success crack on lad.

Gow's changed a bit....

gowfletcher.jpg

The Scotsman strikes again.

Tell you what is a disgrace, the subbing in "Scotland's national newspaper" at the moment.

You might not know what Alan Gow looks like. But the national team captain?

Give the lad a chance eh? He's not even kicked a ball for us yet. By the way, a 6 month contract would take him almost to the end of the season (early march) so if he were to leave in january it would be for a fee?

not so sure six month deal doesnt just mean till the winter transfer window. Look at all the players who sign 1,2 or 3 year deals in august,theyre still out of contract by july 1st. Same with our young guys, theyre apparently on 6 month loans but has been said they will be back in the jan transfer window. What 1 year or 6 month deals really mean are 1 season and half season