Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I think our priority should be with Jordan Halsman,Stevie Lawless,Steven Meechan + Peter Innes rather than Fitzpatrick. These 4 boys were the cream of last years u-19s,play left mid and centre mid,are highly regarded in both the Scotland youth setup + by the clubs theyve been loaned to, and are out of contract in june. Surely it makes more sense giving them a run and seeing how they cope than wasting money (no matter how small an amount it might be) giving yet another extension to Fitzy,who has shown he aint really cut out for SPL 1st team footie with the fact he`s never held down a starting slot in 5 or 6 years

+ 1

Halsman and Meechen were loved by their respective club Abion Rovers tried to tie Meechen down on a longer loan but he wanted to come back and impress McCall

I just cant see how to justify giving Fitzy more years where he could go to like Partick Thistle and make a succesful wee career

If we are signing someone though natural left midfielder (not an out and out left winger ala not a left sided version of Humphrey) would make the most sense.

I dont see a problem in signing an out an out left winger. Yes, there will be certain games that we can't afford the luxury of two wingers, but there will also be plenty of games that Lasley and Jennings can more than cope in the centre allowing us to exploit down either flank.

A left winger would be a very valuable addition to our squad. IMO.

I dont see a problem in signing an out an out left winger. Yes, there will be certain games that we can't afford the luxury of two wingers, but there will also be plenty of games that Lasley and Jennings can more than cope in the centre allowing us to exploit down either flank.

A left winger would be a very valuable addition to our squad. IMO.

What about Jamie Pollok?

I would love to see him get some more games

Fitzy hasn't done anything to justify a new contract ,but he hasn't done anything that bad that he deserves to be punted ,and that's his problem,Fitzy simply does nothing .

Then again what do i know. :notworthy:

Marc Fitzpatrick looks set to have his contract extended despite McCall's recruitment drive.

The 24-year-old, who started at Dens Park, signed a six-month deal in the summer after injury limited his chances the previous season.

McCall said: "It's balancing the budget of what Marc's on and what he wants, which I don't think will be a problem.

"You've got to wheel and deal but I'll be sitting down with Marc and his people and I think we'll be looking forward to keeping him until the end of the season."

For what Fitzpatrick brings, he's probably not on a large wage. He's a decent back-up centre midfielder wwith a load of SPL experience. If Lasley or Jennings were to get injured, he'd be able to step in and do a job. Find another midfielder with the number of SPL games under his belt that he has, willing to sit on our bench and with the knowledge of the rest of the team and how the play for the same wage and you can be Motherwell's Chief Scout...

I suppose it all depends on what he is on. I'd imagine if he was on, or looking for big wages, then he'd be on his way. The fact he is staying says to me Marc isn't on the best of wages and he isn't greedy. Can't help feeling at this stage it could be beneficial for both parties if Marc left right enough. I would have thought a good number of First Division sides would be more than interested.

Very much with everyone else here. I think it'd be mad to play two out and out wingers against most of the teams in the SPL, even though Humphrey's work rate is great. Fitz on the left brings a bit of balance and as mentioned, a bit of cover in midfield. Happy to have him around, never in the paper moaning, solid professional, capable of putting a shift in. Thats what squads are all about.

What about Jamie Pollok?

I would love to see him get some more games

If he's good enough then fair enough, but I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Saying that, I don't want to see everyone get games 'just because' they came through our youth set up. I think I've saw every senior game Boab 'shags the birds' has been involved in, and while Im happy to say he might be a prospect eventually, I haven't seen anything (yet) to suggest he is going to be what we need upfront. Infact, I would rather see what Cassagoldust can offer us.

If he's good enough then fair enough, but I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Saying that, I don't want to see everyone get games 'just because' they came through our youth set up. I think I've saw every senior game Boab 'shags the birds' has been involved in, and while Im happy to say he might be a prospect eventually, I haven't seen anything (yet) to suggest he is going to be what we need upfront. Infact, I would rather see what Cassagoldust can offer us.

+1 hope boab produces something haha

I only thought of Pollok because he can play the same place as Fitz

Totally agree. Never seen anything to suggest that McHugh is gonna be a player, think Casagolda at least deserves a few 20 minute odd sub appearances to show what he can offer.

Really? Whenever I've seen McHugh he seems to be doing the right things, making the right runs etc.

Its tough to impress when you're getting ten minutes at a time I guess.

Fitzy hasn't done anything to justify a new contract ,but he hasn't done anything that bad that he deserves to be punted ,and that's his problem,Fitzy simply does nothing .

At least McCall has got to see him in a couple of games. He may not have had this opportunity with all of the loanees, and he wont get much of a chance to look over any new signings before getting them in. Therefore it may be that the manager is keen to keep him on as the squad player that he is and at least have a known quantity that can cover a few areas.

He's not a great player, but he's also not as bad as some people are making out. He's left sided, can cover centre-mid, left-mid and left back at a push, which I'd say is pretty valuable for a squad player. He was a regular under a few managers, and more than one manager has chosen to keep him on, so the guys in the know obviously see something in him.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he went, but I wouldn't be offended if he stayed either.

I think our priority should be with Jordan Halsman,Stevie Lawless,Steven Meechan + Peter Innes rather than Fitzpatrick. These 4 boys were the cream of last years u-19s,play left mid and centre mid,are highly regarded in both the Scotland youth setup + by the clubs theyve been loaned to, and are out of contract in june. Surely it makes more sense giving them a run and seeing how they cope than wasting money (no matter how small an amount it might be) giving yet another extension to Fitzy,who has shown he aint really cut out for SPL 1st team footie with the fact he`s never held down a starting slot in 5 or 6 years

Halsman, Lawless and Innes all have 18months left on their contracts. Meechan only has 6 months left, this is the reason the boy has went back to FP. He wants to win an extention and thought he would have a better chance doing it back at FP. All the boys have re-call clauses in their contracts. Also Dario Quinn is also got 18months left. In my opinion he is the best centre half at FP out of all the young guys. If Reynolds goes McCall should give him a chance.

I personally think we will see most of these guys next year in the squad. Halsman, lawless and Innes are all impressing for their loan teams and it seems McCall is impressed with the young guys he has.

I also think it is unfair that Bob McHugh is taking some stick from members. It is really hard to impress when you only get the last 5-6mins in most games, but the boy will come good if given games.

The difficulty for the young guys is the lack of a reserve side. I'm sure that if any of them had been performing well in the reserves they would have had a couple of 1st team appearances this year, but we're not going to recall them from a loan spell to fill in for one match. Hopefully one or two can make an impression in the second half of the season and force themselves into the managers plans, taking away the need for new signings and allowing us to use the funds to keep the likes of Jennings and Sutton.

I'm sorry but Fitzy has to be punted. He brings very little to the team if anything.

+1

I cant see what other folk seem to see. Other than the hearts semi final goal (that will always be in our memories :whistling: )...what has he done of note?

I agree with those saying give pollock a shot. I saw him in the U19s and he looked the best player on the park. We should also do our utmost to get sutton and jennings extended deals too.

Just read some of McCalls comments in the Sun after the Dee game... very interested to read that we have been close on a few players only for someone to come in with a few quid.

This at least sounds positive as he is working on deals I don't mind being gazumped cause if the players sole motivation is cash then Fir Park is not the place for him.

We are only a third way through the window and could see much more movement in and out over the next 20 days!

How many would be willing to see Murphy cashed in if it meant development of the squad?

On another point does anyone know the cut-off for new players to be eligible for semi with Rangers?

Just read some of McCalls comments in the Sun after the Dee game... very interested to read that we have been close on a few players only for someone to come in with a few quid.

This at least sounds positive as he is working on deals I don't mind being gazumped cause if the players sole motivation is cash then Fir Park is not the place for him.

We are only a third way through the window and could see much more movement in and out over the next 20 days!

How many would be willing to see Murphy cashed in if it meant development of the squad?

On another point does anyone know the cut-off for new players to be eligible for semi with Rangers?

Would be interested to know the calibre of the guys he's been after. Possibly a few he'd courted for Norwich in his scouting role for them.

As for the Rangers semi, as far as I know you'd need them not to be cup tied possibly limit any Scottish signings) and probably at least 2-3 business days before so the SFA can process their registration.

Halsman, Lawless and Innes all have 18months left on their contracts. Meechan only has 6 months left, this is the reason the boy has went back to FP. He wants to win an extention and thought he would have a better chance doing it back at FP. All the boys have re-call clauses in their contracts. Also Dario Quinn is also got 18months left. In my opinion he is the best centre half at FP out of all the young guys. If Reynolds goes McCall should give him a chance.

I personally think we will see most of these guys next year in the squad. Halsman, lawless and Innes are all impressing for their loan teams and it seems McCall is impressed with the young guys he has.

I also think it is unfair that Bob McHugh is taking some stick from members. It is really hard to impress when you only get the last 5-6mins in most games, but the boy will come good if given games.

good to know most of the boys are tied down after the summer then. I take it Halsman,Lawless,Innes + Quinn are on loan to Annan,Albion + Linlithgow till the end of the season? In which case,I do hope Meechan can get a run of games to get his extension as I have heard good things about him.

Wee G, you think Dario is a better centre half then Hutch? Is Page a centre half or are we gonna see him more in the full back positions?