Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Aye but Walsall, Crewe and (non-prem) Burnley are hardy the same pedigree as Everton and Rangers so I don't think it's a valid argument...

No they're not but they're our pedigree. But then again, why wait to see what a player can do before hanging them out to dry.

Scott McDonald, who most people I think would agree was a rather success at Motherwell couldn't get a contract at a team that had 13 players... or Dundee United.

Tom Hateley not good enough for half a dozen English Clubs/Hamilton Accies

Porter, an "injury prone" player from struggling Oldham, saying that he was told to get to fuck after the first few games

The Juke a player that hadn't scored a goal in what 3 years of football or something - although like Porter he was told by many to get to fuck.

Why are we judging football players on their past, when it is obvious to see what they do at one club doesn't mean they will be a star/shite for another. We're not the only club but more and more there seems to be a "Celtic Minded/Class" vibe coming out from a few fans, especially on here.

In one instance we've got fans saying we shouldn't sign players like Jamie because he's a foreign youngster as we have our own foreign youngsters already and now we have some saying we shouldn't sign a veteran to help us out because of well not sure, as I bet most of us haven't seen him kick a ball.

Who are we to sign? Championship quality 23-27 year olds? Why the fuck would they want to join us if they are "that good"

Age has feck all to do with it either. Look at Owen Coyle and Craig Brewster. Two stikers who even in their late thirtys were still a different class to their 20 year old team mates.

Imagine that strike force?

Also I heard that Owen Coyle still plays in training matches and pisses all over the defenders.

No they're not but they're our pedigree. But then again, why wait to see what a player can do before hanging them out to dry.

Scott McDonald, who most people I think would agree was a rather success at Motherwell couldn't get a contract at a team that had 13 players... or Dundee United.

Tom Hateley not good enough for half a dozen English Clubs/Hamilton Accies

Porter, an "injury prone" player from struggling Oldham, saying that he was told to get to fuck after the first few games

The Juke a player that hadn't scored a goal in what 3 years of football or something - although like Porter he was told by many to get to fuck.

Why are we judging football players on their past, when it is obvious to see what they do at one club doesn't mean they will be a star/shite for another. We're not the only club but more and more there seems to be a "Celtic Minded/Class" vibe coming out from a few fans, especially on here.

In one instance we've got fans saying we shouldn't sign players like Jamie because he's a foreign youngster as we have our own foreign youngsters already and now we have some saying we shouldn't sign a veteran to help us out because of well not sure, as I bet most of us haven't seen him kick a ball.

Who are we to sign? Championship quality 23-27 year olds? Why the fuck would they want to join us if they are "that good"

Did I hang anyone out to dry? You are comparing Jones to Weir, which as I and others point out is not a valid comparison. That is all.

He might be good, he might be shite.

Meantime, get off your high horse.

+1 to Wellfan's post. Some of the support/posters need to take a step back and reassess what MFC actually means to a footballer trying to maximise their earnings and future career in a relatively short period of time (18-35) compared to most other jobs.

The affinity and place that Well has in our lives as fans is not shared by 99.9% of professional footballers, so don't take their refusal to come and slip on the C&A shirt as a personal affront.

Things aren't what they were 5 years ago and a country mile from what they were in the 90's.

Age has feck all to do with it either. Look at Owen Coyle and Craig Brewster. Two stikers who even in their late thirtys were still a different class to their 20 year old team mates.

Imagine that strike force?

Also I heard that Owen Coyle still plays in training matches and pisses all over the defenders.

Not sure about Bolton, but sure he played a few reserve matches for Burnley too. Age means fuck all, history means fuck all, especially in England because mainly the league is so big players get lost in the system.

There will be players in League 2, hell maybe even Conference that could piss all over the SPL.

"Celtic Minded/Class"

Please dont use that phrase on here again :lol:

Where would this guy play? up front? on the wing?

David Kelly was 31 when he came to us so im not against old guys playing, Im just more worried if he can cope with the pace of the SPL bad mouth it all we want players do say our league is fast and psyical

Grella is a good player, if a bit lightweight. With Somma getting amongst the goals and Watt, Sam, McCormack, Snodgrass, Gradel all ahead of him in what I would say is his best position. Paynter an ideal man to bring on if we are to chuck it into the box if we need a goal late on, so again even futher down the pecking order. If played in the right position, he'll do a cracking job up here IMO.

He seems to be well thought of at Elland Rd, given the unwillingness to sell him. Grayson definitely wants him getting as much 1st team games as possible hence his loans this Season.

Grella is a good player, if a bit lightweight. With Somma getting amongst the goals and Watt, Sam, McCormack, Snodgrass, Gradel all ahead of him in what I would say is his best position. Paynter an ideal man to bring on if we are to chuck it into the box if we need a goal late on, so again even futher down the pecking order. If played in the right position, he'll do a cracking job up here IMO.

He seems to be well thought of at Elland Rd, given the unwillingness to sell him.

So if he was amazing up here, theres no chance we would be able to keep him? i know he's highly thought of accross the pond as well

He seems to be well thought of at Elland Rd, given the unwillingness to sell him.

Not an out and out striker then? Just when you compared him to Snodgrass, I thought "midfielder?"...