Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I noticed on the sky sports interview for jones signing mccall said the following

"If I bring another defender in that will be my budget. I really need for balance a left-sided centre-back but they are proving hard to acquire."

McCall has had several foreign trialists at Fir Park this week, including former Falkirkspacer.gif striker Pedro Moutinho, but none of them are likely to sign this month.

"They played a bounce game on Tuesday and we've only been able to train on astro," McCall said. "So we've not been able to see enough of them."

Does that mean his whole budget will be gone? with all the wages we freed surely he should have a bit more than just 2 loan signings and maybe a defender :lol:

I think the attributed quotes from McCall and the posters questions, probably sum up what's been happening within the club;

OUT - Brown and Knox

IN - (later) McCall and (weeks later again) Black

OUT - Blackman, Gow, Fitzpatrick and Reynolds. Plus 3 earlier loan deals and now McHugh.

IN - Grella and Jones.

OUT - Why sell Reynolds for £100K and look actively for a left sided central defender, who are hard to acquire.(acquire quote from S.McC)

Would the league placing potentially take care of £100K?

All this is down to finances or lack of finances.

It could well be, John Boyle was personally paying for the Gow/Blackman deals like previously ie Porter/Hughes and it's now at an end. That would explain how more are OUT bound than IN bound. The books are getting balanced.

Makes me think, C.B. and A.K. were told of things to come from the club and exited pronto.

All speculation I know, but you hardly need Hercule Poirot to work this out.

Just spotted links above . FFS

Can we recall McHugh please! Leaves us with just Casagolda as back up for tomorrow!

This is total embarrassment stuff! Excitement for tomorrows game dwindling for me already!

Just remembered that. Makes it even more farcical :lol:

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster added, “Motherwell Football Club have benefited from the FIFA cross border rules in previous years however in this instance, things have worked against us which is extremely disappointing.

“Our focus now is to provide Stuart McCall with all the tools he needs to bring in additional players.”

It would help if you knew basic fucking rules about football! it's funny when you think about it but its also such an embaressment to this club

Someone check jones can still play!

It was both clubs understanding that emergency loans do not count when calculating the number of clubs a player has played for however, whilst completing clearance formalities with the Scottish Football Association last night, they highlighted an issue due to the cross border nature of the transfer and his move from the Elland Road club will now not be allowed to be completed.

I'm sorry but just because it was an emergancy loan why would anyone assume that it doesn't count as playing for a team :lol:

I'm sorry but just because it was an emergancy loan why would anyone assume that it doesn't count as playing for a team :lol:
Because, the English FA at least, regards that as an exception to the rule.

"An FA spokesman said: ‘Emergency loans don’t count when calculating the number of clubs a player has played for as he remains under contract to his parent club.’"

Because, the English FA at least, regards that as an exception to the rule.

"An FA spokesman said: ‘Emergency loans don’t count when calculating the number of clubs a player has played for as he remains under contract to his parent club.’"

Ah, cheers for that. That is rather unfortunate then. funny as feck tho too

Am I missing something here or did Blackman not do exactly the same thing as we tried to do with Grella? He must have been registered with Blackburn, us and Aberdeen? Or is it ok because he hasn't actually played for Blackburn? Absolute nonsense!

yeah but blackman didnt play a game for blackburn this season.

I must be losing my sense of humour as I'm not actually finding this funny but do you know what else I'm actually not surprised at all either. Disappointed and embarrassed are probably two words I would use!

Scunnered aswell I guess!

Same here, nae idea why any 'well fan finds this funny. Total red-neck that nobody at our Club spotted this 'technicality'.