Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Apart from the standard of Groundsman :lol: , nothing has changed much at Fir Park since I first went in '68 !!! I'm more embarrassed about some folk on here spending way too much time and effort slating the Club for everything and anything that isn't up to scratch as they see it. If you're no' happy, go and watch Airdrie or Celtic or Rangers or Motherwell Miners, and gie us all some peace.

oh the go an support someone else card gets played again what a lot of shite.if your that embarrassed about some fans having a go at the club over certain issues then its you that really needs to get a life.some folk need to take the claret and amber tinted glasses off and realise the club actually does get things wrong fae time to time and there is fans that are gonna get pissed off about it

you really couldny make this shit up between this and the whole brown contract fiasco somebody should be held accountable for these mistakes absolute fuckin amatuers

Was that the fiasco that Brown wouldn't sign a contract, and we couldn't force him to?

Would you rather we'd ditched him because of it, or would you have been complaining because a successful management team were shown the door instead of being allowed to continue their good work while contract negotiations continued?

Apart from the standard of Groundsman :lol: , nothing has changed much at Fir Park since I first went in '68 !!! I'm more embarrassed about some folk on here spending way too much time and effort slating the Club for everything and anything that isn't up to scratch as they see it. If you're no' happy, go and watch Airdrie or Celtic or Rangers or Motherwell Miners, and gie us all some peace.

happy_clapper_button-p145967700782531015td3g_152.jpg

Was that the fiasco that Brown wouldn't sign a contract, and we couldn't force him to?

Would you rather we'd ditched him because of it, or would you have been complaining because a successful management team were shown the door instead of being allowed to continue their good work while contract negotiations continued?

Under normal circumstances yes, but I don't blame the club for this one simply because I think that the Old Boy was feeding them one big pack of lies the whole way through. 'We are just happy to be here' 'We are delighted Motherwell gave us this chance' 'With this bunch of players why would we want to be anywhere else' ' we don't need to sign a contract, we are going nowhere, infact I am offended that you ask' etc etc. The club were suckered by the pensioner and lets be honest so were we.

Not that I am questioning the old gentleman's integrity you understand.

Absolutely spot on 100%. Some of the posts on here are cringeworthy. Fkin pathetic :P

I tell you what - next time we don't sign a player through a technicality or a Manager does not sign a contract, why don't we fire all club employees! In fact I would go as far as shutting down the club - it is a damn disgrace.

star sails sums it up perfectly brown shafted us after we gave him a chance to get back into football but the club need to take some responsibility were a professional club and no to have your managment team on contracts is a really poor decision.for me there was always a danger that a hibs or aberdeen would come in for brown and knox with the good job they were doing and the thought of no having to pay any compensation for them.we were left out in the cold and had no say in browns departure we should never have found ourselves in that position and that is down to boyle

Mistakes were made, lessons have been learned. Lets move on eh!

Well said.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Presumably those most vociferous in their criticism of the club have never made a mistake?

Thanks for being honest Leeann, I just wish more folk would be the same.

Absolute fucking shambles of a fucking football club...

Seriously?

:P can things get any worse? :lol:

Yes, yes they could. We could get relegated, go into admin, get the liquidators in and close. I think that's worse.

you really couldny make this shit up between this and the whole brown contract fiasco somebody should be held accountable for these mistakes absolute fuckin amatuers

What, sacked for an admin error? Hope your not some poor bastard's boss at work.

Total embarrassment. Amateurish.

Time to pack it in.

Joke.

Because of an Admin error? Ok then.

JEEEEEZ lads. Fuxake calm doon. If you can't actually laugh at this you are taking Motherwell Football Club and football in general WAAAAAAAAY too seriously. So a wee cock up and we miss out on a player no-one has heard of who hasn't kicked a ball for a season. Whoop whoop. WHo gives a flying fuck?

A disappointing day to top off a disappointing last few weeks. It's unfortunate that this technicality's caused us to miss out on Grella and just compounded by the fact that the club announced the signing before it was finalised. I understand the reasoning though. If anyone else had broken the story, the same faces would be on here moaning about the club never telling the fans anything. I personally think that the amount of communication the club has with the fans is excellent, just look at how things were a couple of years ago. Now we have a media officer from these very boards and a chief executive who actively looks to engage the fans whenever possible.

Motherwell aren't any worse off than most in the SPL. Sure, some have a bit more cashflow for the time being or are on better form at the moment but plenty of clubs of similar size or with similar backgrounds have had much worse fortune than ourselves. Most clubs go through good and bad spells and we've had our fair share of good the past few years. Hopefully by being prudent now, the board are at least ensuring that we have a club to support in a few years' time, better that than run it in to the ground.

The thing that I'm most disillusioned with in Scottish football right now....the incessant moaning and constant pessimism. I don't want to go and watch my team on a Saturday only to spend 90 minutes listening to some dour faced sod going on about how shite all our players are and how bollocks the football is. How is that fun for either of us?

Seriously?

Yes, yes they could. We could get relegated, go into admin, get the liquidators in and close. I think that's worse.

What, sacked for an admin error? Hope your not some poor bastard's boss at work.

Because of an Admin error? Ok then.

JEEEEEZ lads. Fuxake calm doon. If you can't actually laugh at this you are taking Motherwell Football Club and football in general WAAAAAAAAY too seriously. So a wee cock up and we miss out on a player no-one has heard of who hasn't kicked a ball for a season. Whoop whoop. WHo gives a flying fuck?

Obviously he has kicked a ball in the season or we would have had no problems with the signing :thumbup:

Thought that was really good of Leann to come on the board and post so credit where it is due.

Question now is whats the back up plan? Who can we get. Left mid is dealt with, casa sutton murphy and mchugh up front sounds decent if we can get them back on form. To be fair though think murphy and sutton are giving there all. would like to see the youngsters used as suggested. Bugger it if we are in danger of relegation at the end.

What I am worried about though is the size of the squad. looking at things now hammell - experience and I can't remember when he was last injured craigen and hutchy in the middle hately at right back with page and saunders.

mid from jennings lasley and hately (would be really unlucky if all 3 were to be injured) forbes as back up left with jones and hump on the right.

Sprinkle in the youngsters and it sounds ok but it is threadbare, maybe we have gotten used to europe or challenging for third but maybe we should just look at it as a rebuild job with what has happened to us over the season with the loss of players and manager.

Juan Kerse by name. Juan Kerr by action.

Your argument might have swayed some of us if not for your ill-advised "a guy who hasn't kicked a ball all season" remark. Nethertonwellfan was spot on in his reply.

If you think my post about it being time to pack it in was based solely on this sorry episode then you're misguided. This, as others have pointed out, is the latest in a long line of cock ups from the club. Despite the views of the Glee club you can be a fan and still be critical of the way the club is run, and right now it's a shambles. The ground is falling apart......or have you forgotten the rivers of pish on boxing day? The most basic requirement in signing a player is to ensure his eligibility. Only on Saturday my old man asked me if Blackman had played for Blackburn this season, cause if he had hd wouldn't have been able to sign for Aberdeen. So my octogenarian faither knew the rule yet the people whose job it is to actually know or at the very least check these things out are clueless.

I love mfc. But by christ the admin of the club tries the patience.

Your argument might have swayed some of us if not for your ill-advised "a guy who hasn't kicked a ball all season" remark. Nethertonwellfan was spot on in his reply.

If you think my post about it being time to pack it in was based solely on this sorry episode then you're misguided. This, as others have pointed out, is the latest in a long line of cock ups from the club. Despite the views of the Glee club you can be a fan and still be critical of the way the club is run, and right now it's a shambles. The ground is falling apart......or have you forgotten the rivers of pish on boxing day? The most basic requirement in signing a player is to ensure his eligibility. Only on Saturday my old man asked me if Blackman had played for Blackburn this season, cause if he had hd wouldn't have been able to sign for Aberdeen. So my octogenarian faither knew the rule yet the people whose job it is to actually know or at the very least check these things out are clueless.

Well put Larry

i've a horrible day and this was about the only thing that raised a smile from me.

who gives a france if we don't have some american naebody from leeds, he'll be good banter for years to come in the hom kraska mould.

Usually agree with most of your posts but this is nonsense. The boy is a cut above anything we have at the moment and the clubs incompetence is embarassing.

On the plus side I just went to see NEDS. It was tremendous.

Blackman has never played/featured ina first team game for Blackburn.......another two faced chunt!

I suppose its the clubs fault he never signed back on loan,just like its the clubs fault that that Brown and Knox another pair of old lying chunts never signed contracts either.

(Ditto for Gannon,Ditto fo McGhee)

Could have been worse they could have stayed and Gow might have got a two year contract,we would have signed MacNamee etc etc :thumbup:

We all know the East (A terrace with seats) and POd are not fit for purpose and have not been for years(Did anyone sitting in the river of pish actually contact the club and complain?????)

Where are we going to get the money from to replace them or build a new stadium ???????

Answers on a post card to MFC !!!!!

We all have our opinions/views but some of the drivel spouted....yawn........... feckin bored with this drivel and going to bed !!!!

I can understand the guys being pissed off, Im the same myself! The thing is,its not just an admin error as Leeann stated, its the repetetiveness of everything.

Our pitch was fucked and cost a bomb to fix, and its happened again (& again!)

we lost our manager due to not having a contract (Gannon), and it happened again (Judas)

we got burned by the transfer rule (Leatheren) , and it happened again (Grella)

we have to spend cash we can ill afford on our shitehole stadium just to keep the fucking thing with a basic safety certificate, and its happening again (pipes,roof holes,pishy concourses etc)

we were publically knocked back by Sbragia,then it happened again with McDonald

were told by our own manager if Blackman comes back to SPL itll only be to us, and he signs for aberdeen

were told by our chief exec we will have a big exciting shirt sponsor in early july, and were scrambling around for anything come mid august

If this was an isolated incident I doubt there`d be much venom spouted on here but we as a club NEVER FUCKING LEARN! And these things have all happened within an 18 month period, Im sure no-one here actually enjoys kicking the club when theyre down but jesus christ do the club make it easy for folk to moan when they seen unable to complete even the simplest of tasks.

And on the fan forum, I commend the club on doing this but it strikes of a knee jerk reaction as they see just how strongly the fans feel about getting fucked over + ignored. If fan communication was so important why wasnt a forum organised BEFORE the league reconstruction meetings as opposed to after? you can do whatever the fuck you like to the stable door now, the horse is fucking miles away. Anyway the league reconstruction part of the forum is pointless, the Old Firm want a 10 team league, so its what were getting no matter how MFC want to dress it up

Yes,a was dissappointed to hear the deal had fallen through,specially after seein him paraded and lookin forward to seein him play for us 2moro......But,it aint gona happen,SM will have other targets,we deal with it n move on! Outwith Well fans,n folk that post on fans forums,no one will even blink an eye at this. So to say its a "Disgrace,embarassment,shambles,a joke"......Folk need to get a grip.

Given the frustrations of today, I felt it appropriate to post.

Of course we are not happy about the way Mike's loan has played out. I can tell you with certainty that this is perhaps one of the most disappointing days I have had here at the club since I started.

Should we have waited on the ITC (player paperwork clearance from the SFA) before we went live with the loan news? With the benefit of hindsight? Absolutely. This has been a harsh lesson learned for us all. The truth is that we were too keen to get the 'good news' out to our fans first, via our own media channels before it was tweeted, put on facebook or posted on news websites by others so, with what we genuinely believed to be a relatively straightforward registration, we published without clearance. We all know how this has turned out in the end and it is not pleasing in any way.

I will say that I think many of the comments posted here in relation to this loan to be really harsh on the club and the people involved. I understand your frustrations but I would urge some perspective. We have taken positive advantage of the cross border technicalities very much to our benefit in the last 2 years. Darren Randolph, Chris Porter, Giles Coke and others. But on this occasion, we missed the fact that an emergency loan within another association counts as 'played for' when it would not have if it had been here in Scotland. I am really disappointed we missed it but it has happened to us and we are not the first and nor will we be the last to find that we have interpreted the rules incorrectly. This is not an excuse – just the truth.

What I would say to you all though is that I believe our club is in a really positive position in respect of contracts length, players tied to the club and a strategy that sits alongside this transfer planning. There has been a conscious change in direction on length of deals offered, positions and overall development. I am saying this tonight not to balance the above situation but to highlight that we do have a plan in respect of our squad and we do know where we are going with it. With the best will in the world, mistakes, oversights, rules that are misinterpreted happen.

So to move forward, we have an open forum on Monday night – if you want to come along and air your views then I would urge you to do so. Cooper Bar, Monday 24th at 7pm – main topic League reconstruction but clearly other issues will be covered.

We are the first club to speak directly to our supporters in respect of the SPL reconstruction so come along – after the main discussion there are no topics off the table as far as I am concerned. I will happily answer, to the best of my ability, any questions you have.

I have been quietly reading these boards now for over 2 years and in that time I have tried to utilise this direct route to supporters positively for the club. The posts generate vigorous debate and ultimately offer insights and ideas that we might not have occurred to us. I do think though that some people wait for something, anything inside the club to go wrong and then thrive on the opportunity to cut us down. The posts and debate can be hugely positive but also sometimes hugely demoralizing. I am not saying that we don't want to be criticised or questioned, far from it.

I mean this now as much as I ever have - please speak to me directly, either on match day, by email or by phone and I will answer your questions. You may well not like what you hear but I will do my best to answer you.

I will finish off by saying that tomorrow we have a match here against Hibernian, we need to focus on the game now and give Stuart and the team who are here our full support to help them win on the day. We are trying our very best to get players in before the window closes but we will wait this time until we have the clearance before we tell you all – a harsh lesson learned.

Leeann

Well done first of all Leanne for sticking your head above the parapet when it would of been easier to keep quiet.

However..

I wont be attending Monday night as a) i cant really be bothered putting a fiver of petrol in the car to come through and b) i still believe the club will vote for the 10 team league despite our opinions. Skeptical perhaps.

What i'd want to know on Monday night though would be the following..

• Did John Boyle make the final call in appointing Stuart McCall as manager of MFC and what does he actually do at the club these days?
  • Which members formed the interview commitee and decided on a manager that no one wanted, and more importantly an assistant manager that very few respect?
  • Why is the club continually naive when it comes to players/managers contracts?
  • Is a 34 year old journeyman an appropriate use of a wage in these economic times and does it fit in with the idea of bringing through youth players, or young players from England with a view to sell?
  • Did we ever put forward a case for fairer distribution of finances during the working group meetings or were we afraid to address this issue with the Old Firm?
  • What efforts did we make to secure a further loan deal with Nick Blackman?
  • Do the club realise the gravity of the situation with regards to our pitch, and should heads roll this season if it once again turns out to be the same farce of the last two years?

The club will have to accept that 3700 attendances will be the tip of the iceberg unless our views are actually taken on board. Dismiss the overwhelming majority of Motherwell/scottish football fans ,who oppose the 10 team spl, and Motherwell FC will be playing to Hamilton attendances shortly.

The demoralising comments come from demoralising managerial and assistant managerial appointments, poor results, the continious downsizing of the squad, a squad which in reality was already short by 3 or 4 prior to this transfer window, incompetence, paying your money to wade through ankle deep pish to watch 22 individuals massacre the game of football.

Oh aye, and what is the real story behind Gannon's departure??

You have to question Leeds part in this whole shambles. Surely someone there must know the rules regarding loaning players out. Of course Motherwell are partly to blame for also not checking if this deal was all above board. At the end of the day the parties involved look like idiots and hopefully we have now learned a valuble lesson.

I take it there is no point in me bringing this now.

igf6dx.jpg