Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

So, in short, Gow playing in losing teams (along with another 10 or so players I assume?) prior to his spell at Motherwell - which was not a failure based on your stats and summary - make him a disruptive influence at Motherwell?

Gotcha. :rolleyes:

The main point I was making was that he has changed clubs 7 times in 7 transfer windows. All those clubs had an opportunity to keep him. He begged to stay with Hibs but they sent him packing, they didn't pick him up when he was free, he mucked about Swindon and was called a disgrace. That seems pretty indicative proof that he was making positive contributions at any club he has been at since Falkirk.

Stats in the wrong hands - a dangerous combination

The stats are your hands too, show me Alan Gow as an effective footballer and as a good team mate.

Anyway back to Well transfers. I don't really mind if we don't sign anyone. A striker would be nice but not essential, Casagolda needs a chance. I would trust what we have and Steve Jones looks like he is a good addition.

Let me jump in for a quick second lads,

Danny Cardimarteri has been kicked out of utd.

I dont know about you lot but i would take him at Motherwell, i think he's a great player.

And the whole Gow situation? he's shit! the only good season he ever had was with Falkirk but he played in the same team as Duffy and Stokes and they made him look good

Danny Cardimarteri has been kicked out of utd.

do you know why?

I do agree though, I would take him, even if its only 6 months and we sell it to him that its another chance to seal his move back to England in the summer

Although, he's short, he's a strong player and has scored a few goals in the SPL - however, i think he'd be a better player with Sutton that he would be with Murphy. Could we afford his wage demands? Dundee Utd appear to pay decent money

F**k it, back to McGhee's 433 - play them all - Sutton, Murphy and Cadamateri!!

The stats are your hands too, show me Alan Gow as an effective footballer and as a good team mate.

If I wanted to discuss the effectiveness of Alan Gow - I'd go dig out the Opta stuff on passes completed, distance covered, assists etc. - that type of stuff would all me to compare him to other players.

I have my own opinions on how good a player he was from watching the fucker and that will do me. As it does for most of the paying public.

My point is - if I looked at our results from the post administration season I'd come to the conclusion that statistically - Faddy was utter shite. However having watched him in a claret and amber shirt I've got a different perspective. BUt by the Football manager Experts Gone Wonky mindset on here - I must be mental - because we lost most of those games so Faddy was shite End of discussion eh?

Stats in the wrong hands are dangerous.

If you're judging something you need to be looking at the relevant stats to make the call. That's where the knowledge and understanding part comes in.

Judging any single player on the results of a team is quite fuckin simply bullshit - and if it's put forward, it's been put forward by someone who has absolutely no understanding of statistics.

do you know why?

I do agree though, I would take him, even if its only 6 months and we sell it to him that its another chance to seal his move back to England in the summer

Although, he's short, he's a strong player and has scored a few goals in the SPL - however, i think he'd be a better player with Sutton that he would be with Murphy. Could we afford his wage demands? Dundee Utd appear to pay decent money

F**k it, back to McGhee's 433 - play them all - Sutton, Murphy and Cadamateri!!

They just didn't want him anymore,

I think he would play amazing just behind sutton and Murph but we dont play that, just in general he would be a bonus to the club

but the wages are a massive block i guess

United are totally skint, so I imagine having him sitting on the bench was not ideal.

I'd say that he's massively over-rated. He's scored 4 in 30 for United, whether as a winger or a centreforward, its not ideal.

Looks like Brown has secured another player from Blackburn on loan !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...een/9379180.stm

Is anyone else becoming a bit concerned at the lack of activity at Fir Park in trying to strenghthen the team, with only 3 days to go till the transfer window shuts ? Aberdeen have kicked us in the baws enough this season i would be gutted if they managed to finish above us.

Looks like Brown has secured another player from Blackburn on loan !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...een/9379180.stm

Is anyone else becoming a bit concerned at the lack of activity at Fir Park in trying to strenghthen the team, with only 3 days to go till the transfer window shuts ? Aberdeen have kicked us in the baws enough this season i would be gutted if they managed to finish above us.

With the signings Aberdeen have made and if we dint strengthen our squad then i would say they are guaranteed to finish above us! If we make 2-3 decent additions between now and Tues then I don't see why we can't stay ahead of them! ICT are on the slide aswell!

I would have liked a new signing into boost our attack for this game a wee boost for everybody, fans and players alike.

Imagine having a big chunk of our striking budget tied up with Estafuckinban Casafuckingolda and Danny Cadafuckinmarteri.

Some serious headlookin would be required there methinks.

Big 'Ins & Outs' question must be have we tested big Gloria's agents media claim that he'll buy out his contract. If not then someone wants shootin. I'm prepared to accept though that this has been done in private.

We're in no immediate danger - so we don't need to waste money.

Focus is on the rebuild in the summer - lets not throw money at a Dundee Utd crock / misfit / dud

Imagine having a big chunk of our striking budget tied up with Estafuckinban Casafuckingolda and Danny Cadafuckinmarteri.

Some serious headlookin would be required there methinks.

Big 'Ins & Outs' question must be have we tested big Gloria's agents media claim that he'll buy out his contract. If not then someone wants shootin. I'm prepared to accept though that this has been done in private.

We're in no immediate danger - so we don't need to waste money.

Focus is on the rebuild in the summer - lets not throw money at a Dundee Utd crock / misfit / dud

Hey Gannon! im onto you, i think you want to take Casagolda down to Port Vale with you!

;)

Have Accies no signed about 3 players in this window? Aberdeen av got about 3 in too, even Hibs have got a couple! We have lost 3 decent wage earners, n only got Jones in from Walsall, who I wouldn`t imagine wuda been on mega bucks down there.

What the fucks goin on?!?! ;):P

(If Cadamarteri is 100% fit, wouldn`t be the worse signing)

Accies have signed two almost certainly shite players.

Hibs have signed three, probably shite players.

Aberdeen have signed Blackman, and a couple of average player.

But fuck it, lets just throw money at shite like Cadamarteri.

Have Accies no signed about 3 players in this window? Aberdeen av got about 3 in too, even Hibs have got a couple! We have lost 3 decent wage earners, n only got Jones in from Walsall, who I wouldn`t imagine wuda been on mega bucks down there.

What the fucks goin on?!?! ;):P

(If Cadamarteri is 100% fit, wouldn`t be the worse signing)

Both Hibs and St Mirren brought in more players than we did in the summer too. It's has nothing to do with the amount of players you bring in but the quality!

But fuck it, lets just throw money at shite like Cadamarteri.

Im sorry but i need to say, that Rowe boy they got today? fantastic player they have a gem of a player there

A ain`t sayin am bothered by the amount of players each of they teams are bringing in, bring a full squad in if they like!!

Point is, we have let 4 1st team players go, which others haven`t, so surely we can afford to bring in even 2 decent SPL standard players from 1 or 2 clubs down south, to have same impact as Blackman/Jutkiewitz had?

I think for me the concern is around the make up of our squad. We lack experience and/or decent quality in too many areas and that experience will be needed if we are involved in a fight for top 6 or worst case fight against relegation and we have one weekend left to bring in some face(s) that build on what we have or that's it for this season.

Picture the scene if we don't bring anyone in and then lose our next couple of SPL games and pick up a few injuries/suspensions meaning we need to change 2 defenders 2 midfielders and 1 forward from last weeks line up. If Hutch, Hammell, Jennings, Las & Murph were out even short teram we would suddenly look very exposed.