Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

You cant use the played out of position card for Craigan. He's made mistakes all through his career. Mind you in his defence so has every other player in our team at some point. I am sure Craigan and the management will know when his time is up, and they wont need us telling him, tho it's tempting :thumbup:

Of course we need to strengthen the team,It would be foolish to think otherwise,BUT the defender we needed was someone in the Steve Jones mould to help with experience not some kid for the sake of signing someone.

We have not 1 attacking midfielder in our 1st team squad, bring in a premiership kid (or anyone for that matter) in that position, our strikers are struggling to score goals and are short in numbers, bring in a premiership kid to replace Blackman + Gow. Forbes has struggled a bit so bring in another midfielder and let Forbes work on his fitness and develop a bit

But in defence, Reynolds has left and Hutchinson has come into the first team and proved himself very capable, Page has also come in and proved himself very capable so how does it benefit us to fuck them out the team to fit in a kid as young/younger than them who will be off in 4 months? whats that gonna do for their confidence?

What did you think of Hutchison when he nearly gave a goal away against Inverness that would have lost us the game?

Maybe this young guy is better and wouldn't have done that, no point in always looking for negativity. Why don't you wish the lad well rather than slate him before he's even played.

What did you think of Hutchison when he nearly gave a goal away against Inverness that would have lost us the game?

Maybe this young guy is better and wouldn't have done that, no point in always looking for negativity. Why don't you wish the lad well rather than slate him before he's even played.

Eh, I thought he was human :thumbup:

But I forgot, Hutch won tackles,bullied strikers,played the ball well and won headers all day but made 1 mistake so automatically was poor? even the worlds best players make mistakes, this new guy will make a c**t of things at times as well,just cause he`s with a premiership team doesnt mean his shit dont stink. I do wish the lad well,he`s gonna be playing for my team but its not looking for negativity to put the points I have put across tonight, I havent questioned the guy,only Stuart McCalls judgement if this guy walks in and Hutch ends up getting dropped

Gunning played a lot of games for Rotherham. He was in their team that lost to Dagenham at Wembley in May. From the Wikipedia web site it looks as if he played left back that day in front of 30000 so he has some experience.

Hutchinson has been great since he came back but he has also been lucky. The mistake he made against Inverness could have cost us but it didn’t. He is a young player and will make mistakes. I will back all Well players but people on here are willing to back some more than others. If Craigan, Forbes or Fitzpatrick had made that mistake against Inverness there would have been a queue here waiting to moan about them.

If Gunning is our only signing I will be disappointed as the defence is not the main priority but as it stands we only have Hammell as a left footer so it does make some sense. As for all the young players who seem to be getting passed over McCall sees them everyday in training and we have to trust his judgement on whether they are ready or not.

We can’t judge players until they have played five or six games (remember Juke wasn’t great at the start) so there is no point speculating on here on how good Gunning will be.

Gunning may or may not be great and become a first pick but at the least he will help if Hammell, Hutchison or Craigan get injured.

Lets hope we get an attacking midfielder and a goal scorer in by Monday.

Eh, I thought he was human :whistling:

But I forgot, Hutch won tackles,bullied strikers,played the ball well and won headers all day but made 1 mistake so automatically was poor? even the worlds best players make mistakes, this new guy will make a c**t of things at times as well,just cause he`s with a premiership team doesnt mean his shit dont stink. I do wish the lad well,he`s gonna be playing for my team but its not looking for negativity to put the points I have put across tonight, I havent questioned the guy,only Stuart McCalls judgement if this guy walks in and Hutch ends up getting dropped

And i'm almost certain you will be the first to let us know when it happens. :mellow:

Even the suggestion of Porter coming back is tremendous chat.

Another body in, cool. Cracking entertainment seeing the boys foaming at the mouth at the prospect of a boy who'd been on loan at Annan who they've probably never seen not getting a game ahead of another boy who they've never seen.

Would like to welcome gunning to the ark. All the best on the roller coaster ride.

Think McCall has a tricky selection for Sunday. Play the new guy in an unexperienced partnership with hutch or craigs or stick with the players who are more familier with each other. This may well be a key decision for the game.

At least halsman is getting mare experience now and will be up for it no doubt next year. What age is Hammell anyway?

How long is the registration process for/prior to a cup semi-final? I take it the FA will be shut as it is the weekend or are they open throughout the transfer window? Just in case we get that striker in.

What if he's better than Hutchinson and Page? Just a thought...

If he is better than hutchison and page then he'll have a good half season here and then be back at blackburn pushing for a place. This will mean hutchy/page's development as a motherwell player will be stunted as both look pretty capable just now. Totally agree with shaka on this one.

IMO we should be looking at replacing craigan, I like him and reckon hes great behind the scenes but hes been skating on thin ice a lot recently. I hope hes just there to groom hutchy into the role and then let page step in next year.

Having said that good luck to the boy and to halsman off to dumbarton as well. Never seen him play but he must be quite highly thought of in the lower leagues now. Does anyone know if hes better left back or left mid?

IMO we should be looking at replacing craigan, I like him and reckon hes great behind the scenes but hes been skating on thin ice a lot recently.

I and a good few others think the same. Over the years he's been relatively steady with the odd blunder here and there but over the past 12 months his weaknesses have become more frequent, and he's also lost a bit of the albeit limited pace he had. We need to plan for nwext year. If he wanted to stay he'd provide good back up to younger players.

Birmingham City are likely to take up the option to extend James McFadden's contract at the end of the season, but the Scotland forward wants to return to Motherwell one day and end his career there. (the Sun)

was talking about this the other day. good man faddy, says alot for him.