Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Knee jerk reaction, save the money for the next window. I'd rather we'd recall the striker we have out on loan.

Sutton and Murphy were banging them in at the start and the performance last night shows we are improving game on game even if the results don't echo that.

Unfortunately, if we can't beat, Accies, ICT, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock we don't deserve a top 6 finish regardless of our form before St Johnstone.

i think this is gona end up being a waist of money again, we are already pissing money away on goldenballs wages and bring somone else in who looks less that useless isnt going to help, i say keep the money till the summer. McCall had 5 players lined up and im guessing he can get atleast one of them in during the summer. take a chance on the young guys, look at what happened when we done it before, murphy, forbes and that wee ginger fuck that waddled of to celtic were revelations when they broke through, the young guys always seem to up their game when they make the step up, even if only for 6 months.

on another note, if jones keeps up his form i would offer him a contact at the end of the season, best player for us last night if you ask me and his contact will be up... canny whack a good freebee.

Not that it matters now but I see that that SMc had tried to snap up Cadamartari on deadline day, but Huddersfield had just beaten us to the punch. Personally not to fussed we missed out on him. As for Jeffers, can only echo what other folk are saying, he has been quite injury prone and certainley not lived up to his "fox in the box" tag, also his spell at Rangers he only managed 8 starts or such and I don't think he netted on goal. I think we would be paying him a hefty wage if he were to join.

Not one to get over excited about but would give him a shot on a short term contract till the end of the season. We are hardly blessed in this position at the moment.

At present we have Sutton, Murphy, Casagolda & McHugh, don't we?

If a player of decent quality was available at a decent price & wage bracket, then fine. Jeffers doesn't fit into that mould for me.

At present we have Sutton, Murphy, Casagolda & McHugh, don't we?

If a player of decent quality was available at a decent price & wage bracket, then fine. Jeffers doesn't fit into that mould for me.

McHugh is injured and out for 6 weeks, Casagolda would struggle to get a match for a lower league side and the other two are struggling to find the net.

What sort of standard of signing do you expect us to make at present? We are crying out for someone in this position and he must be worth a punt. I am sure any signings will fit into the wage structure. He won't be the worst signing we have ever made.

Just had a look at Gunning's profile on the Blackburn website. It shows him as having 1 sub appearance for Blackburn this season and 2 appearances for Bury??

Another feck up looming??

Had a look at their website does say he made a sub appearance on his personal player blurb but no sign of his name on the squad appearance list,looks like a mistake on their website.

McHugh is injured and out for 6 weeks, Casagolda would struggle to get a match for a lower league side and the other two are struggling to find the net.

What sort of standard of signing do you expect us to make at present? We are crying out for someone in this position and he must be worth a punt. I am sure any signings will fit into the wage structure. He won't be the worst signing we have ever made.

Fair point about McHugh, and I've posted my thoughts on Casagolda in the relevant thread.

Sorry, but Jeffers doesn't fit the bill as far as I'm concerned. His record since he left Everton ten years ago has been terrible;

2001-2004 Arsenal - 4 goals in 22 games

2003-2004 Everton (loan) - 0 goals in 18 games

2004-2006 Charlton - 3 goals in 20 games

2005 Rangers (loan) - 0 goals in 8 games

2006-2007 Blackburn - 0 goals in 10 games

2007 Ipswich (loan) - 4 goals in 9 games

2007-2010 Sheffield Wed - 5 goals in 54 games

2010-2011 Newcastle Jets - 1 goal in 9 games

150 games, with 17 goals in the space of ten years.

no dont think it is

Who would folk rather have?

Were not the best club in the world. Were not as as good as the old firm. We cant bring in 20 goal strikers a season and big names you've heard about.

Im sure people on here slated Sutton when we signed him. I dont see the problem with him. Sure he's had his injuries i'll give you that and he's not an out and our goalscorer but i dont know if you've noticed but neither is Murphy and Sutton.

I just dont understand why people think he's such a bad signing. i would understand if he had played like 9 games and then abused him but he's not at the club yet.

Stop jumping down the guys throat before he has a chance to show everyone what he can do. I know a lot of your guys will jump down my throat and im sorry if i've offended you but ive changed about how i view players who join the club. I abused Jones before he signed and ive been proved wrong so im keeping my eyes and my opinion open if he does join until i see him play.

and if hes shit, then i'll jump in and abuse him :doh:

Our options are really limited right now, and bringing in Jeffers gives us another option up front that we definitely need. The guy had something about him at one point, and who knows maybe things click here and he gets four or five goals for us in the next few months.

The worst that can happen is that he turns out to be shite and doesn't get on the park. The money is there to spend on wages, so this is a relatively low risk signing.

He could be this season's Willie Falconer or Mickey Weir! Or Lewis Grabban, who knows.

Oh, and how often are we going to be able to say we had an £8m player :doh:

Who would folk rather have?

Were not the best club in the world. Were not as as good as the old firm. We cant bring in 20 goal strikers a season and big names you've heard about.

Im sure people on here slated Sutton when we signed him. I dont see the problem with him. Sure he's had his injuries i'll give you that and he's not an out and our goalscorer but i dont know if you've noticed but neither is Murphy and Sutton.

I just dont understand why people think he's such a bad signing. i would understand if he had played like 9 games and then abused him but he's not at the club yet.

Stop jumping down the guys throat before he has a chance to show everyone what he can do. I know a lot of your guys will jump down my throat and im sorry if i've offended you but ive changed about how i view players who join the club. I abused Jones before he signed and ive been proved wrong so im keeping my eyes and my opinion open if he does join until i see him play.

and if hes shit, then i'll jump in and abuse him :doh:

if he signs hell get my backing but ive seen enough of him over the years to think hes shite.he done fuck all up here with rangers playing with better players and that was years ago god knows that hes like now but ill look forward to you joining in with abuse when he turns out to be shite :P