Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Jeffers was hopeless at Rangers and I don't expect he's got any better since he's got 1 goal in Australian football.

I'd rather have Kuqi even though he's older. At least he has been a consistent goal scorer and has an international pedigree.

Still looks like Jeffers is our player now so we'll wait and see, hopefully he has an Indian summer.

Jeffers was hopeless at Rangers and I don't expect he's got any better since he's got 1 goal in Australian football.

I'd rather have Kuqi even though he's older. At least he has been a consistent goal scorer and has an international pedigree.

Still looks like Jeffers is our player now so we'll wait and see, hopefully he has an Indian summer.

You have to remember we've brought guys like Scott McDonald to the club and produced goals. Jeffers would be a great signing i think.

The Duke had scored about 5 goals in 5 years before he joined us too.

Jutkiewicz was a young player though that had been loaned around and he'd only played 11 matches many of them sub appearances after he left Swindon for Everton.

Not really the same thing.

I do think some posters here should take a positive pill. Jeffers was good enough for Arsene Wenger and a host of other top managers. He played at Rangers when plenty of McCall's current pals there were around and he will know the reasons for underperformance. He is clearly talent who has never quite met his potential. Last time I looked that is a perfect place for Motherwell to intervene. Tommy Coyne, Bobby Russell, Davie Cooper, Owen Coyle to name but a few.

The Club will not be bursting any bank to get him and as far as we can make out haven't yet got him. Board chats like this hardly make us an attractive looking place to come. Get him in, get him fit and get him banging in the goals at a level of the game that might just be a good launchpad for a last hurrah.

Clearly he will need to stay out of the party scene which should be pretty easy to avoid down our way.....

If it works great. If not then still worth the risk. I guess any posters with a list of better freed alternatives should feel free to post them.

I like the way McCall is conducting himself and think we must get behind him every inch of the way.

What a load of shite, there is so much wrong with that post is difficult to know where to start. Since leaving Everton virtually every club he's played with has thought to "Get him in , get him fit, and get him banging in the goals" and every single one of them has regretted their stupidity.

As for "at a level of the game that might just be a launchpad for a last hurrah" Are you forgetting he's already been tried at this level, with Rangers no less, and failed miserably.

You want to take a realism pill and get your head out of the clouds, or maybe just stop smoking that shit.

For fuck sake folks this is the spl not la liga

Honestly if we signed wayne rooney some of you would moan about it.

give the guy a chance and then make a judgement.

Haha what a ridiculous statement! Can i not make a judgement on a player who has been playing football competitively for over the past ten years and who has really only scored goals at Everton who he left in 2001? People saying "give him a chance, look at Jutkiewicz goalscoring record before he came" pipe down. This is a completely different kettle of fish.

Post #1 updated. I'm guessing its a 6 month contract ......

Must admit, this guy still seems to be dining out on a reputation (and pricetag) from 10 years ago. let hope there is some humility now combined with the fact he was our 6th? choice during the window.

Many other 'duds' have came here and done really well. Time will tell.

Guess I'm the only one satisfied with this then :lol:

I'm satisfied we have got another option in. The jury is out as far as Jeffers is concerned but the same could have been said about any striker we sign. Strikers with a fantastic record in recent times just wouldn't be available in February. So anyone we signed would have been a gamble and any we have signed in recent times were also gambles.

going to be interesting when he scores and no one cheers for him, or are we going to have the usual well fans cry the players for everything and then go mad when they score...

give the laddie a chance, he's nearly our player at least lets see him play before making a judgement.

im going to sit on the fence here and give him a chance. It all depends on Franny's attitude- if he's here to rebuild his career then i reckon he'll do well. He has made mistakes in the past, though I'm sure he got sacked at Sheff Wed for headbutting, lets hope thats all behind him.