Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Motherwell striker John Sutton is enjoying life under new Fir Park boss Stuart McCall, according to the forward's agent. (Daily Express)

It's nice words coming from Sutton and Jennings, but why release such statements to the media? Are they touting for contract extensions? Given they are currently part of the Well wage structure I'd expect them to have a realistic view on club finances. Jennings and Sutton are key players for us at present. I don't think there is anything to lose by offering them new contracts now. The money won't be as much as the English lower leagues but it's up to the players what they value most - cash or club loyalty. Personally, I think if either re-sign, the fans will elevate them to cult status.

The thing is it was all the agent talking, even made the point at 27 Sutton needs to think carefully about his future for his family as well as himself.

Sounds like he's trying to get more money for his client, which is his job, but can the club afford to match the English Clubs that are supposed to be showing an interest? Or is that just another ploy?

Would love Sutts to stay on, same with Jenno but realistically to stay, they have to accept what the club can offer and that may be not what they are looking for.

It's nice words coming from Sutton and Jennings, but why release such statements to the media? Are they touting for contract extensions? Given they are currently part of the Well wage structure I'd expect them to have a realistic view on club finances. Jennings and Sutton are key players for us at present. I don't think there is anything to lose by offering them new contracts now. The money won't be as much as the English lower leagues but it's up to the players what they value most - cash or club loyalty. Personally, I think if either re-sign, the fans will elevate them to cult status.

Its often very orchestrated PR with the approval of the club - if not led by the club. We are riding a little high and the manager's positive profile is part of that. it's not a coincidence that you are seeing these comments this week and not immediately after the 6-0 drubbing but the communications from the club have been very good since SM took the job and positive feedback from our stars is always good to read.

Dumbarton youngster Nicky Devlin will rub shoulders with youngsters from Premiership Academies of Arsenal, Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur as well as SPL youngsters in a Scotland Under 19 Squad Training Camp being held at Inverclyde next week.National Youth Teams Coach, Billy Stark, has selected the Sons youngster to attend with Dumbarton boss Alan Adamson saying, “Nicky is attending on merit and we are delighted for him and it is a great reflection on him and the work done at this club.”

Quite good for a player in the second division