Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I think we can give up on Jenno to be honest Steve. The rumour mill says he's off. No point in wasting time and effort on a player who has seemingly no intention of staying.

In that case let him be a 'Tom Boyd' with his last sighting in a 'Well strip holding the Scottish Cup!

I think we can give up on Jenno to be honest Steve. The rumour mill says he's off. No point in wasting time and effort on a player who has seemingly no intention of staying.

I kinda get that - and I posted that I thought the ball was at the players' feet not Motherwell's. I don't thing Sutton & Jennings will have any shortage of suitors.

I personally think Jennings could cut it in the Premiership - and if he's not hanging around here I'd love to seem him getting a crack at the toffees.

However, we've got to give them an offer to refuse. It's all part of the process.

I kinda get that - and I posted that I thought the ball was at the players' feet not Motherwell's. I don't thing Sutton & Jennings will have any shortage of suitors.

I personally think Jennings could cut it in the Premiership - and if he's not hanging around here I'd love to seem him getting a crack at the toffees.

However, we've got to give them an offer to refuse. It's all part of the process.

not a chance

I'd be surprised if one of the ugly sisters doesn't come in for him (presuming the betting scandal goes away). Hope I'm wrong but he'd do a great job in a holding role for either of them. Could deffo cut it in the lower reaches of English Prem IMO.

Agree with SD on that.

Jenno is quality.

Easily on apar with McArthur, McCarthy, Cattlemole and, I'm sure, a squad full of Centre mids down there.

Can we dispense with the idea that James McCarthy isn't very good? The guy is an absolute star and is only 20 years old. As much as I like Jennings, he isn't even close to him.

Cattermole is actually pretty good, just a complete headcase who spends every 3rd game suspended. I do feel Jennings could probably do a job for someone in England though, more likely at Championship level.

Can we dispense with the idea that James McCarthy isn't very good? The guy is an absolute star and is only 20 years old. As much as I like Jennings, he isn't even close to him.

Cattermole is actually pretty good, just a complete headcase who spends every 3rd game suspended. I do feel Jennings could probably do a job for someone in England though, more likely at Championship level.

Just like our Jenno......

Jenno is a cracking player and who knows if he could make it in premiership, maybes aye maybes no. But stranger things have happened. Just need to wait and see come the summertime.

From todays Scotsman.

Motherwell captain Stephen Craigan is a target for MLS side Sporting Kansas City. The US side are keen to sign an experienced defender and have already held talks with the player's advisors

Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you ...

Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you ...

Sorry to say but I think it's time for Craigan to follow the yellow brick road.....:ph34r:

An excellent servant to the club but I feel his sell by date is near. Probably get more money there aswell.

From todays Scotsman.

Motherwell captain Stephen Craigan is a target for MLS side Sporting Kansas City. The US side are keen to sign an experienced defender and have already held talks with the player's advisors

Hopefully he'll be off in the summer then.

Where did I say that McCarthy wasn't any good?

craigan this season has started 49 games and made 3 sub appearances. in 21 of those games his team has kept a clean sheet.

it's hardly the season of someone who is ready to be put out to pasture. people have been trying to write the guy off ever since gannon gave his critics a wee bit of ammo. i'd like to see him stay one more year and pass the baton fully to hutchy, saunders and page.

• Like 7

I thought Craigan made a solid start to the season up until the international break in October when he had a nightmare in the Faroes and it seems that ever since then his performances have deteriorated. He has a had few good games inbetween but he is normally a bombscare in defence putting in rash tackles due to lack of pace and his passing is very poor.

Our 2 best performances this year, keeping 2 clean sheets in the process, came when Craigan never started albeit the same defensive pairing went on to concede 3 at Inverness. However i feel we are a better team without him and it would be best for him to go in the summer.

• Like 2

Craigan is a far better player than too many footie managers on here give him credit for

some weaknesses but hey, we're Motherwell we just dont get perfect players. Craggs has been a great Motherwell player and servant, contributing a huge amount to the success in the last few years not forgetting his role in recovering from administration

all being said and with the further expected cuts to the budget, I dont know if we could afford to hold onto him, might come down to simple choice of Craggs or Hutchy/Saunders/Hammell etc

• Like 3

craigan this season has started 49 games and made 3 sub appearances. in 21 of those games his team has kept a clean sheet.

it's hardly the season of someone who is ready to be put out to pasture. people have been trying to write the guy off ever since gannon gave his critics a wee bit of ammo. i'd like to see him stay one more year and pass the baton fully to hutchy, saunders and page.

Well said. Craigan isn't the greatest defender we've ever had at the club but there have been a lot more worse ones than better ones. I remember Kevin Christie!

Guys like Craigan, Hammell, Lasley and Reynolds are or were the spine of probably the most consistantly successful Motherwell team since the 1950's.

You can't give them enough praise as far as I'm concerned.

He is getting older but I do think he probably still has a least another year in him.

However if he goes to get one last pay day good luck to the guy. A great servant to the club.

• Like 1

From todays Scotsman.

He'd be daft not to.

It's a foot straight in the door for a coaching job too.

Where did I say that McCarthy wasn't any good?

Sorry min, it wasn't specifically aimed at you, just the general opinion of him for a while seems to have been clouded by the fact that he decided to play for Ireland and was a bit of a wank to some folk in the East while he was at Accies.

Sounds like a good move for Craigan, be a shame to see him leave though.

You seriously telling me Jenno couldn't play in a Birmingham, Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan type team?

James McCarthur and James McCarthy are THAT far ahead of him.

Lee C(l)attermole FFS?

maybe wigan out of them but they signed connor sammon , they dont have the greatest team

Of course he could. There are some very average players and teams in the Premier League, not to mention those that will be promoted.

tried to think of something to argue to this but couldn't

Agree with SD on that.

Jenno is quality.

Easily on apar with McArthur, McCarthy, Cattlemole and, I'm sure, a squad full of Centre mids down there.

haha not a chance , close on mcarthur but he has potential

I'd be surprised if one of the ugly sisters doesn't come in for him (presuming the betting scandal goes away). Hope I'm wrong but he'd do a great job in a holding role for either of them. Could deffo cut it in the lower reaches of English Prem IMO.

i just couldn't see him playing for them but fair enough with the lower reaches of the prem , but to hold down a starting pale your only talking 2 teams 3 teams max

Just like our Jenno......

Jenno is a cracking player and who knows if he could make it in premiership, maybes aye maybes no. But stranger things have happened. Just need to wait and see come the summertime.

totally agree with this all the above was just my opinion , you dont really know unless he was playing there , i didnt think mccarthy would cut it and i thought mcfadden would make a bigger impact but i was wrong both times

maybe wigan out of them but they signed connor sammon , they dont have the greatest team

tried to think of something to argue to this but couldn't

haha not a chance , close on mcarthur but he has potential

i just couldn't see him playing for them but fair enough with the lower reaches of the prem , but to hold down a starting pale your only talking 2 teams 3 teams max

totally agree with this all the above was just my opinion , you dont really know unless he was playing there , i didnt think mccarthy would cut it and i thought mcfadden would make a bigger impact but i was wrong both times

Fair play in trying to fend off a pure gattling gun blowing away of your poor opinion from a number of knowledgable and downright legendary array of SteelmenOnline posters

Yer still talking shite though :blink: