Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Especially after him openly saying when he arrived that being abroad was weird as fuck and he didny like it. Journo pish once again methinks.

Yip, he stated quite plainly he wanted to come back to Scotland to re-establish himself in the SPL. And within days of doing so was heard to say how he loved being part of the squad at Fir Park with all that entails in comparison to his time in China.

Knowing the Evening Times though they've probably only focused on Maurice in the first place because he happened to play with Rangers will know that as a minor space filler it will have slightly higher interest level for a number of their readership than any genuine desire to get the facts of the story right.

Here Al, see Tam Cowan gave your avatar a bit of a hard time on Saturday's show?

laugh.gif Never heard it...was nursing a hangover Saturday lunchtime until my walk in the rain from the car to Tynecastle cured it!

What was said?

Topics for discussion were "things that really annoy you about the internet" due to the fallout of the Lennon saga and kids being witch-hunted.

Syd mentioned that your avatar is a particular annoyance for him, I can't recall if it was due to titillation or it slowed up his scrolling.

Syd mentioned that your avatar is a particular annoyance for him, I can't recall if it was due to titillation or it slowed up his scrolling.

I'm pretty sure he's mentioned it before with the main gripe being that it's hard to pay attention to reading the thread...

On the Mo Ross note, a bunch of us met him heading back into town after the semi final and he came across extremely well. Took the time to stop and chat to us (was with his mum and wife/girlfriend at the time) and was very honest about the game and his hopes for himself and the team. I'd like to see him sign a new deal as we could do with an experienced right back in the squad (and another experienced player in general).

Watched the young lad Devlin(?) we have signed up for next season play in the scottish schools team the other night, looked a decent prospect and the team were the joint winners of the cup.

another one to watch out for.

Might be a daft question but why was there joint winners? Always thought there could only be one cup winner.

It was a league set up; Scotland and NI had the same points (goal difference didn't count).

Heard on the radio call in tonight that Tom Hateley and John Sutton were targets for Ally McCoist .

Anyone know if there is truth in this or just another crap media story to unsettle players before we play part of the old firm

Heard on the radio call in tonight that Tom Hateley and John Sutton were targets for Ally McCoist .

Anyone know if there is truth in this or just another crap media story to unsettle players before we play part of the old firm

It was the Radio Chunt phone in with mark Guidi and Andy Wanker.they also linked Murphy along with Hateley and Sutton with moves to the blue bigots,wouldnt take much notice with Wanker and Guidi being involved,they also linked Conway,Goodwillie,Eremenko,with them as well.

The Sutton to Rangers story has been doing the rounds since the start of the year. He'd be going their as back-up to Jelavic I reckon. Don't see those 2 being a partnership.

I suppose the Hateley one makes sense given his links to McCoist via his da' and agent. He's hit a bit of form again recently and I can't see Diouf or Davis being there next season so they'll need to bolster midfield.

Sounds a lot like the Gers media machince trying to unsettle the team which could just, just maybe, cause a massive upset this weekend by beating them and killing their hopes of winning the league title. They've watched our boys and are shiteing their trip to Fir Park :evilgrin:

Players playing well for wee "diddy" teams = supposed transfer targets for either of the mould firm

Wouldn't read anything into it........for now anyway

Words attributed to Kenny Black from the Edinburgh Evening News. I know I'm bitter, twisted and irrational therefore the words that immediately spring to mind are "shut your c**t!"

Black: Hearts would be good for Sutton if he leaves MotherwellPremium

JOHN SUTTON was today advised to make Hearts his destination should he leave Motherwell this summer, with the Fir Park assistant manager Kenny Black endorsing Tynecastle as a "good place to play football".

Black, who spent five years with Hearts as a player, is hopeful Sutton will remain in Lanarkshire after Motherwell made a formal contract offer to the striker's agent striker last Friday. But if he is to depart as a free agent in June, Black believes he should have no hesitation in heading east.

The Evening News has learned that interest from the SPL and the English Championship is appealing to Sutton, with Hearts manager Jim Jefferies refusing to publicly confirm whether he is in the running to sign the 27-year-old. Sutton, right, scored twice at Tynecastle on Saturday and Black believes he would be ideally suited to playing there.

"I wouldn't put anybody off moving to Hearts. Tynecastle is a marvellous stadium for atmosphere and Hearts is a good club," said Black. "I had five great years there myself so I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending a move. They carry a fantastic support and the fans are desperate for success. It's a good place to play your football.

"I think with Jim saying he's looking for another target man due to Kevin Kyle's injury, there's nothing we can do about the situation with John. It's part and parcel of the game. We'll see what happens. John is an experienced enough lad to know it's that time of year and he's obviously trying to look for the best deal possible.

"We would certainly love to keep him but he can exercise his right to speak to clubs.

"If he is going to move on he would go with our best wishes, but we will be looking to try and tie up all the players who are out of contract. We will make them all offers, then it's up to them"

Don't think Black says anything wrong., he's just being brutally honest. Sutton has already said that Tynecastle is his favourite ground in Scotland so he would obviously like to go there. I still think Higdon will be Jeffries first choice though.

With regards to all the Rangers chat, I'd say it is more likely than 1 or 2 Rangers kids will be moving to FP this summer.

Don't know about anybody else on here but i wouldn't be against us trying to pick up Dougie Imrie from Hamilton when they go down. Always thought the boy had a bit about him. Obviously the Hamilton thing would put some off but for me he would be a good addition to the squad