Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Pause and wait for the bile to start about why Imrie should not come here!!!

He was in the same hotel as me in Mexico 2 years ago and he was one of the biggest c**ts Ive ever had the displeasure of meeting and his maws a mattress. On a footballing note I think he is a first/lower spl standard player at best.

Don't know about anybody else on here but i wouldn't be against us trying to pick up Dougie Imrie from Hamilton when they go down. Always thought the boy had a bit about him. Obviously the Hamilton thing would put some off but for me he would be a good addition to the squad

And who would he displace in our squad? Understanding a change of club may be of benefit to some, but, he's where he is for a reason. He's piss.

If we were to plunder across the M74, the now fit again Alex Neil (staying in Waterloo as he does, he's not too keen on a move outwith Lanarkshire I hear) not a better addition?

With the apparent inevitability surrounding the departure of Jennings, i'd like to think Alex Neil is on our radar. Really good player imo.

I'd prefer to keep Jennings but as that is unlikly, if he can prove that he's overcome his injury then I agree that he'd be a good addition to our squad, the guys good at controlling the midfield. I'm sure his wage's wouldn't be as much as Jennings which could free up some cash for another player.

i really hope he stays but if sutton does leave then id like to see him go down south and have another crack at english football.whatever happened with that midfielder we were linked with fae rotherham he seems to be highly rated down there and might be a good replacement should jenno leave

Reported on the Radio this morning that Celtic have entered the race to sign John Sutton.

Shocker eh. Won't be that if he bags a double in the final or last day of the season.

I have an ugly feeling that our team is going to be pilaged this summer. This is what happens when you let contracts run down to nothing Well. You get nothing for your best players.

I'm almost certain he will be off. The options he will have in Scotland and England will be many. I think Celtic are up to japes here though. Where would he fit in and as good as he is his severe lack of pace will prevent him from making it at the levels they HOPE to reach. This 'Sutton to Celtic' talk was expected but is a good three weeks before schedule. He can do better, much better, than Hearts, but wouldn't hold down a permanent place at Celtic. Similar move to the likes of Clarkson, Jim O'Brien, and Chris Porter more likely.

I'm almost certain he will be off. The options he will have in Scotland and England will be many. I think Celtic are up to japes here though. Where would he fit in and as good as he is his severe lack of pace will prevent him from making it at the levels they HOPE to reach. This 'Sutton to Celtic' talk was expected but is a good three weeks before schedule. He can do better, much better, than Hearts, but wouldn't hold down a permanent place at Celtic. Similar move to the likes of Clarkson, Jim O'Brien, and Chris Porter more likely.

i agree he will have offers aplenty - however, I dont see him going down south. He's settled here and due to the geography of scotland and the close proximatey of all clubs to the central belt, he can have his pick of clubs without having to move house. So if someone offered him wads of cash and he doesnt have to move like Clarky, Jimbob or Ports then i think he will take it. I'd be gutted to see him go, but he has to look after no 1 - him and his family

he may surprise us and stay - who knows!!!

The money (which will be the major factor above uprooting family and chances of first team football) will be so much better in the Championship than Hearts or ourselves can offer. He might love the Central belt, but he is English and it isn't a major move fir his missus ala Kenny Miller's other half. It can be a short career for some and whilst he won't be short of cash he could be looking at a move that could see him AND his family financially set for life.

Kenny Miller is probably minted. He just couldn't knock back the money Bursaspor were offering. Sutton going to England for two/three years would be life changing and if he does love it so much up here he could be back up the road before his 30th birthday.

Craigan's is up.

We should have offered Sutts an extension a while back due to his reliability to put in a shift if nothing else. The fact that he's been more consistent overall and dynamite in front of goal lately could end up being a bit "look at what you could've won".

I think Jenny will leave also. But I thought that last year as well when he came to the end of his first one year contract.

Sutton to th OF would break my heart.

I hate having to boo the fuck out a decent guy.

Alex Neil (if he can stay fit) would be a really, really useful player for us. Sceptical that he is capable of staying fit enough to make it worthwhile though.

bearing in mind that celtic have darryl murphy and samaras in their squad and rangers have healy, lafferty and beatttie in their squad it doesn't suprise me they're interested in sutty.

sutty has 17 this season. those 5 diddies combined have scored 18 goals this season and probably take home 60 grand a week between them plus they cost around 10 million total.

tbh id rather sutton went to celtic than heats, i see celtic as a step up from us but i cant say the same about hearts, money aside what can they offer better than us? id he did go to hearts id be gutted as it would be a sideway step and although we are all supposed to hate the old firm, i wouldnt feel as bad if sutton scored against us playing for them than if he did playing for the jambo scum

I like big Sutts, but I think Murphy's return to form and the addition of Jeffers have played a big part in his recent goal-scoring exploits.

If we can hold on to those 2 guys, I think we can manage without him. I certainly wouldn't grudge him a money move at this stage of his career, but there's always the risk you end up warming the bench - especially at the OF.

I like big Sutts, but I think Murphy's return to form and the addition of Jeffers have played a big part in his recent goal-scoring exploits.

If we can hold on to those 2 guys, I think we can manage without him. I certainly wouldn't grudge him a money move at this stage of his career, but there's always the risk you end up warming the bench - especially at the OF.

On the Attacking front, the team are looking pretty awesome at the Mo... the link up play from the whole team going forward is cracking.

As for Sutton, great old style Striker, not much pace but could do a job for most teams, cant see big money coming for him though, so the chance of Champions League football be it just the pre lim rounds might tilt the scale to join one of the OF.

Lets see how well he does tom in front of the cameras, if he scores tomorrow he might as well pack his bags, poor performance might delay the move which is on the cards.

Valid in this thread as he was muted as a possible signing before the departure of Jack and Victor, however it looks like he didn't make enough of an impression. Dodged another bullet there it would appear.

From BBC:

"David McNamee, goalkeeper Mark Howard and the versatile Derek Young will not be offered new contracts by Aberdeen."

In keeping with the Aberdeen theme, we had Willie Miller heralding "the best crop of youngsters in the country" some 6 weeks ago or so... That good, 12 released this week... To help aid the budget for newcomers he with more faces than the town clock claims :huh:

Gotta love the short term approach, all the way to the first division with any luck.