Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

For the level of player we are after will probably pick us ahead of lets say Kilmarnock if we were in Europe. Its the luck of the draw and you never know what can happen.

Wages and potential run in the first team, yes. The chance to play in 4-6 Europa League qulaifiers before the league starts, no. A player isn't going to make a decision on their career for 1,2, or 3 years solely based on a run of fixtures which will be over before they play their first SPL fixture.

Re - Lukas.

Sounds promising that he is really keen on staying, but wages, fees etc I think will price us out. I think he would have to take a wage cut which aint gonna happen.

Re - Imrie

I am sure the Accies paid a six figure sum for him. So no chance of us getting him. Honestly don't care about his past as I don't know him from Adam, but he is an excellent player.

As for Teale and McEveley. Both would probably walk into our team, but again I doubt we could even get close to the wages they would have been on.

EDIT - I think after the Scottish Cup Final and if we make it into Europe then A. We can attract better players and B we can maybe put more cash towards the getting of players.

IIRC Accies paid £20,000. I may be wrong though.

Edit - I find it incredible clubs are releasing up to 11 players and all we've had to release is Darren Smith.

I find it incredible clubs are releasing up to 11 players and all we've had to release is Darren Smith.

Plenty time yet for all to become apparent, remember we have lost a number of loan players, and then there is first team players who's contracts have/are about to lapse.

could esily be 4 or 5 down for next season

edit: aye and what flow said, smaller squad smaller losses

Has Pat gone?! I knew he was leaving but hadnt seen it confirmed yet, shame for him as he is actually a top quality football player, just for some reason doesent have the belief in his own ability and is chucking the fitba altogether to go to the polis.

Based on today's news regarding Jennings, updated the first post and added extra info (decided to take advice in the end otherwise it could get confusing). Also decided to add a "Rumoured" list to see how many actually come to fruition over the course of the summer. I'll add names to it when requested, if I hear from 3+ sources or there is a report in the press (national or local).

The Jim Gannon Memorial Trophy

Is an award I'm proposing just for fun in this thread to recognise outstanding achievement in scouting and recognising footballing talent (Moutaouakil)

If a player is nominated and they sign for the club then that person will receive 5 points in the inaugural Jim Gannon Memorial Trophy. 2 points if they are mentioned in conjunction with us and decide to go elsewhere, -1 for erroneous nonsense. Open to other suggestions for scoring.

Leaderboard 14/05/2010:

Evening Times ........ +5

I've noticed some queery the Juke's motives and if what he's telling the press is political. I think a lot of the chat from the Duke is no doubt prompted by the fact Jennings has resigned, they appear to be good mates, live together and are in Las Vegas on holiday together. I genuinely think he can see benefit in a career here in the short term. I think Europe is a factor (however a relatively minor one) and the fact the SPL is covered by Sky so at least he gets chance around 10x per season to get put in the shop window. Let's also not overlook the camaraderie of the dressing room.

With a full and productive season of good form and a fully healed knee behind him with sky high moral I don't even want to contemplate how effective and devastating he'd be next season if the sun shined on us.

Adebayo Akinfenwa is out of contract in the summer , he's a goalscoring version of Christian Nade, He scored 37 in 88 appearences for northampton in league 1 which is pretty similar to the SPL.

Adebayo_Akinfenwa

He was linked with us last season when we brought Coke up from Northampton.

I know some people down there and they were disappointed when Andy Kirk, who did well for Northampton, left for Dunfermline.

Maybe that is a better comparison of levels.

Pat Cregg? always thought he was a good player, probably worth a shout if Coke doesnt sign up.

Nah mate we have Jennings, Lasley, Meechan and Fitzpatrick. all defensive minded midfielders, I think more of a creative player is required, he is a decent player but I just dont like him or his style. A poor mans Lasley for me.

Priorities for me are a backup keeper for Fraser, a centre half if Reynolds goes (Craigan is a year older now and Hutchy looks a tad injury prone), an out and out winger (bearing in mind we've lost O'Brien and McGlinchey), and a forward as well. A right back too if we can afford it, but those are the priorities for me!

Priorities for me are a backup keeper for Fraser, a centre half if Reynolds goes (Craigan is a year older now and Hutchy looks a tad injury prone), an out and out winger (bearing in mind we've lost O'Brien and McGlinchey), and a forward as well. A right back too if we can afford it, but those are the priorities for me!

Anything less than a new number 1 and the opposition strikers are gonna be going through goal bonuses like Vanessa Feltz goes through cakes! New no1,Rb,Am,Wg,St are the least we need