Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Happy to see Fitzpatrick stay. If fit, he will win a contract extension no bother. Shame, DLS couldn't have been given the same offer.

Given that most contracts tend to run out at the end of May, I imagine we will here more about Coke & Hateley in the coming week.

Fitzpatrick hasnt been able to hold down a regular place in the years he`s been here,whats gonna change in the next 6 months? waste of a wage! would rather use that cash to top up offers to Coke,Hateley or for a decent quality replacement for them <_>

Fitzpatrick hasnt been able to hold down a regular place in the years he`s been here,whats gonna change in the next 6 months? waste of a wage! would rather use that cash to top up offers to Coke,Hateley or for a decent quality replacement for them <_>

Squad player. Every club needs them.

Not read this thread for a while, but just heard on the radio that Motherwell are close to signing two mystery players. Any ideas/rumours going around?

Plenty bud. Accuracy of said news report depends on where it came from? Clyde or Real Radio and I'd be inclined to give it the rubber lug.

More of a staying than an in or out.

Fitzpatrick has signed a new deal running until the end of December.

Official

Really pleased to hear this. Kind of topical as Marc Fitzpatrick has suffered some of the treatment being discussed on this thread over these last few pages by Well fans.

Remember the goal at Hearts fondly and for me Fitzpatrick was the Well MoM against Nancy Away. He ran himself into the ground that eve. I think he is the kind of player that, given confidence, could be a first team regular. Brown's the man to nurture Marc along and tell him to ignore the boo boys.

Squad player. Every club needs them.

True but we promoted Meechan + Innes from the 19`s to 1st team contracts, we have Lasley + Jennings signed and are still trying to re-sign Coke + Hateley, how many "squad players" do we need?

No ill feeling toward the guy,but no place for sentiments here. Weve a small budget as it is without wasting money paying a guy to sit in the stand til december

True but we promoted Meechan + Innes from the 19`s to 1st team contracts, we have Lasley + Jennings signed and are still trying to re-sign Coke + Hateley, how many "squad players" do we need?

No ill feeling toward the guy,but no place for sentiments here. Weve a small budget as it is without wasting money paying a guy to sit in the stand til december

And if Coke + Hately don't sign - which kinda seems likely - we'd be snookered. Fizzy is too experienced to just get rid of for guys like Meechan or Innes.

And if Coke + Hately don't sign - which kinda seems likely - we'd be snookered. Fizzy is too experienced to just get rid of for guys like Meechan or Innes.

Not true, we`d have been left with Lasley,Forbes,Jennings and the 2 youngsters as back up in the worst case scenario!

I believed we would sign either Coke,Hateley,both or at least 1 adequate replacement, therefore id have prefered us to spend the money were spending on Fitzy on securing/adding to those deals! I dont have any grudges against him (even if i did almost choke on my chewing gum when he scored that goal at easter road <_ but as i said we already have meechan jennings signed for centre mid at worst.>

I wonder if this signing means Coke + Hateley are gone and there will be no other replacements in centre mid, if thats the case im very dissappointed and if its not the case, Fitzpatricks contract is a complete waste of money

Plenty bud. Accuracy of said news report depends on where it came from? Clyde or Real Radio and I'd be inclined to give it the rubber lug.

Well it was Real radio sports news. Althought they did say ' Craig Brown says he is hoping to sign two players'!

craig was interviewed at hampden today & he said he was hoping to sign 2 out of contract spl players but was giving nought else away. we need to give fitzy a chance to prove (or not) his worth & fraser as well. if they wear the claret & amber they have my support meantime

Delighted Fitzy has been given 6months and am sure he'll get an extension beyond that,

a much better footballer than many give him credit for

(bit off that the official site editor has chosen a picture of him going down injured on his comeback as the stories cover picture)

craig was interviewed at hampden today & he said he was hoping to sign 2 out of contract spl players but was giving nought else away. we need to give fitzy a chance to prove (or not) his worth & fraser as well. if they wear the claret & amber they have my support meantime

Kevin Kyle? Not seen this rumour but I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be a popular move I think

Andy Dorman, Jack Ross,....can't think who is out of contract. Maybe one or two players that were released by Hibs.

Many, many more too...

and most probably, like the majority of those listed, will be out of reach, budget will be even more limited than normal this season

think people are getting carried away at what we could afford