Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Am I missing something here or did Blackman not do exactly the same thing as we tried to do with Grella? He must have been registered with Blackburn, us and Aberdeen? Or is it ok because he hasn't actually played for Blackburn? Absolute nonsense!

Correct absolute nonsense, Grella has played 34 mins for leeds :lol:

Same here, nae idea why any 'well fan finds this funny. Total red-neck that nobody at our Club spotted this 'technicality'.

im realy rather embarrised more than anything, although I can see the funny side of it, aslong as we find a decent replacement, i have got to ask though, has anyone else ever heard of such a short signing? it must be some kind of record.

Same here, nae idea why any 'well fan finds this funny. Total red-neck that nobody at our Club spotted this 'technicality'.

it's funny because it sums us up. Our gaffer fucks off, we sign alan gow, blackman chose not to come back to us, we are playing poor lately, the east stand is falling apart, the league reconstruction is pish because its going a way noone wants. We lost 4 players and are told there will be hardly any signings.

Then we get a plus we sign some players

Then we lose one cause we fuck up

It sums up our whole season so far

How many times now have we shot wir bolt on announcements?

Well lets see, so far in the past year or so (feel free to add any I've missed out):

• Gannon signed with no contract, some may argue this worked out well for us, others feel he was Well's great last hope.
  • Brown and Knox signed, again with no contract, bit of chat in interviews from them that Boyle is honourable and this is their last job .... yadda yadda yadda, Leeann countering with a contract is always on the table if they want it.
  • Sponsor chat during the summer, told we'd have something in place by a Tuesday in mid June from memory, it turned out to be Commsworld for a song a nano-second before the SPL started.
  • Announcement that Brown was staying after his first meeting with Milne ... we all know how that turned out.
  • If Blackman comes back to Scotland it will definitely be with us.
  • Sbagria, etc. publicly giving us the bum steer.
  • Grella today .....

Of course we don't know all the details surrounding all of the above, however from where we are sitting it appears to show the club as being inept and worthy or our criticism.

I did put say something along the lines of "whatever we do, lets get the press releases sorted out so we don't get egg on our faces yet again" about 2/3 weeks ago. I did a search but couldn't find it.

it's funny because it sums us up. Our gaffer fucks off, we sign alan gow, blackman chose not to come back to us, we are playing poor lately, the east stand is falling apart, the league reconstruction is pish because its going a way noone wants. We lost 4 players and are told there will be hardly any signings.

I dont find any of that funny, the fact that all these things are turning people away from supporting football and MFC in particular is far from funny.

There must be a whole litany of people who could/should have known Grella's status and advised accordingly.

From Leeann, to McCall, to his agent, to the player himself, to journo's and to his parent club, plus countless others who were aware of the move and could have taken their boss/colleague/friend to one side and asked the pertinent question.

Long and short is, there should have been someone from 20+ who were involved either directly or indirectly who recognised there was a barrier to him joining us.

we better get on the blower to partick and get bob mchugh back as it looks like he will be needed

Cant beleive the club never noticed that grella had played for leeds at the start of the season, i know its a stupid rule but FFS this totally sums up motherwell at the moment a shambles. And come the summer mr boyle and mfc will wonder why no one is buying season tickets

Well lets see, so far in the past year or so (feel free to add any I've missed out):

• Gannon signed with no contract, some may argue this worked out well for us, others feel he was Well's great last hope.
  • Brown and Knox signed, again with no contract, bit of chat in interviews from them that Boyle is honourable and this is their last job .... yadda yadda yadda, Leeann countering with a contract is always on the table if they want it.
  • Sponsor chat during the summer, told we'd have something in place by a Tuesday in mid June from memory, it turned out to be Commsworld for a song a nano-second before the SPL started.
  • Announcement that Brown was staying after his first meeting with Milne ... we all know how that turned out.
  • If Blackman comes back to Scotland it will definitely be with us.
  • Sbagria, etc. publicly giving us the bum steer.
  • Grella today .....

Of course we don't know all the details surrounding all of the above, however from where we are sitting it appears to show the club as being inept and worthy or our criticism.

I did put say something along the lines of "whatever we do, lets get the press releases sorted out so we don't get egg on our faces yet again" about 2/3 weeks ago. I did a search but couldn't find it.

One or two in there I had forgot about as well. More annoyed that we might go into the next two games without a 'replacement' for Blackman......which would be 5 games in total.

You forgot that every game there is pish flowing up to your knees (gets higher every week dont you know) :lol:

FFS people, it was a technicality and it happens. Feel sorry for the lad cos he had seen this as a good move - and so did we - he wants to play football and we need his skills. This was a good deal for everyone involved and its a disgrace that because there are so many shite over complicated rules in place in modern day football - this situation can arise.

Just pisses me off that he will now rot for the rest of the season in the background at Leeds. Can understand the rule (almost) but surely it should only apply to deals done outside the transfer window. ie if he agrees to a loan during a transfer window then it goes thru but no loan deal allowed if outside the window unless its a proven emergency loan!! :lol::wallbash:

FFS people, it was a technicality and it happens. Feel sorry for the lad cos he had seen this as a good move - and so did we - he wants to play football and we need his skills. This was a good deal for everyone involved and its a disgrace that because there are so many shite over complicated rules in place in modern day football - this situation can arise.

Just pisses me off that he will now rot for the rest of the season in the background at Leeds. Can understand the rule (almost) but surely it should only apply to deals done outside the transfer window. ie if he agrees to a loan during a transfer window then it goes thru but no loan deal allowed if outside the window unless its a proven emergency loan!! :lol::wallbash:

Me personally thinks it should only happen within the same nation - so moving from England to Scotland after 2 appearances should be fine - but heh rules, are rules sadly!

It is not Motherwell's fault what so ever.

*ring ring*

"Hi Leed United, Motherwell here, we want Mike Grella on loan, that awrite?"

"yeh sure don't see any problems"

"cheers lads"

Thats how I imagine this was conducted, at some point somebody at Leeds should have realised no since this is a cross border transfer some daft fifa rule comes into play, before letting their player come up here and have to go all the way back, no doubt missing a days training etc.

Transfers in England seem to contradict this rule all the time, since "emergency loans don't count" so why was anybody wrong to assume this wasn't the case.

In fairness, Celtic are barking up the same tree trying to sign Vaughan from Everton.

Don't let that get in the way of having a pop at everyone involved at Motherwell though. Blood in the water, etc.